Chapter 82: Wake up!
743 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters in advance in Patreòn

Pa treon.com/HolyJoker

(20+ chapters in advance)

 

***

Katara glanced at her brother, as his body slumped and she immediately went and let his body lean on her and gently laid him on the ground. Noticing he no longer had his spear with him.

'Where did he put it?' She wondered, but not for long, and just laid his head down and used her lap as a pillow. "What is going on inside this head?"

She smiled, gently rubbing his hair. Before a mischievous look came to her face and she dishevelled his hair like he always did with her's. Usually, he would never allow something like this to happen. Suddenly she noticed that the eyes of the dark fish started shining, pulling her out of any petty thoughts.

The way the fish's eyes shone reminded Katara of Aang's Avatar State.

***

At the same time, Sokka opened his eyes grudgingly, as if awakening from a deep slumber. Getting up, he was in a luxurious room, though there was no shining gold around. The room was big and extravagant, with the bed and the sheets he was covered in being silky to the touch. He clenched his teeth, this was a part of his memory he didn't want to visit. But knew that this was unavoidable.

"Mhh~" a feminine gentle moan sounded next to him, and Sokka felt his heart clutch at his throat as if he was about to suffocate, barely able to breathe. She had bright blue eyes, full of life, flowing dark hair, and pale and glistening sweat glued to her body. This only made her even more enticing. "Wyatt, why are you up so early?"

Sokka stared at her for a couple of seconds, the name sounded so unfamiliar to his ears. But he knew... this was his previous name. He felt his heartbeat increase like a loud drum, about to burst his ears. "Ivy..." the name was just so... but he decided to do what he had come here for. "Sorry, I gotta go."

He got up and the sheet was stripped from his body, showing a well-built body. But it was all for aesthetic purposes, as Sokka knew that this body wasn't anything special. He started walking off, not minding his nakedness.

"Are you going to leave me again?" The woman's voice was like sweet honey as if she was whispering in his ears. Sokka stopped for a split second, and turned around, and got close to her, a tear rolled down his face.

"Sorry, but I am the kinda guy who doesn't like giving his life for someone else," he kissed her on the forehead and walked off. "Also, it would be weird to try and replace you with an imaginary version that was made by my mind."

She chuckled. "Cold as always, Wyatt. Did you ever love me?"

"Yes," Sokka nodded. "You're the woman I have loved the most and regret what happened between us. But I am in a whole new world now, I can't have myself be obsessed with the past so much."

"What a cruel man..." she chuckled. "You're not willing to let yourself feel something, even in the land of imagination."

"Are illusions supposed to admit to being an illusion?" he inquired curiously simultaneously opening the doors of the room that were unnecessarily big and beautifully decorated. But on the other side of the door was just a dark abyss.

Sokka sighed and closed them. Turning around he sat down on the ground, staring at the woman with an amused smile on his face. "So is this some kind of spiritual trial? One where I see my mistakes and admit to them while weeping in pain. And beg for forgiveness. I do have a lot of regrets in my past life, but didn't think you would pop up."

"Why? Am I not that imortant to you?" She said jokingly. Sighing while looking at her hand.

Yes..." the woman smiled knowingly as she got up, the cloth bouncing off her bountiful chest and she stood naked. Looking at her own body, she smiles. "Wow, you remember every detail."

"Actually, no, your breasts are bigger than they used to be. Always wanted them to be bigger, but with you being my sugar-moma, I couldn't say that to your face before," Sokka shrugged as if this wasn't himself he was talking about.

"..." the smile slipped off the woman's face as she peered at him like a hawk. "You will be stuck here forever if you don't face your problems. Only then will you be able to gain a mental connection and contact the Ocean Spirit."

Suddenly, as he thought of how to solve this, Sokka smiled and looked at her. "So does this mindscape have a time dilation?"

It was a very cliche thing. So he had to ask.

"Yes... one minute outside is ten here," she answered, confused at what he was getting at.

"That's cliche," he whispered but the smile on his face only got wider. He tried to access his inventory, but it didn't open. "Oh, right, I am inside my spirit and mind here."

He went towards the bed and kicked it.

Baam!

His leg shattered the wood as if it was nothing and he made a makeshift spear out of the wood. "Welp, tell me when about an hour passes, or ten hours in here. Because I am about to use this time to train."

"This wasn't made for that. The ritual is sacred where one comes to understand themselves, see that they are human-"

"Okay, okay, okay," Sokka waved her off as if she was just an annoying brat. " I will get back to my spiritual awakening and understanding. AFTER I finish this training. Because I barely have any time to train outside."

She frowned but didn't stop him. "The Ocean Spirit will be waiting too. Are you sure you want to keep him waiting?"

"He is immortal, he has the time to wait. Not like he has anything better to do anyway."

***

Hours passed, and the ocean spirit was waiting outside in the dark space for hours. Unlike the harmless fish that was his physical form, his spirit form was that of a gigantic, humanoid, koi fish that seemed to be made of water. As one of the strongest spirits in existence, even when Raava and Vaatu used to roam the lands, neither would try to mess with him. Not because they couldn't beat him, but he wasn't someone you wanted as an enemy.

After ten hours of waiting, Sokka's spiritual form started appearing and he was a combination between Sokka but he was taller, his body better built. The Ocean Spirit's gaze shined down on him and immediately a connection was formed between the two of them.

"I see that your spiritual trial took quite a long time," said the Ocean Spirit, speaking through his soul and it seemed like the dark abyss around them seemed to rumble. "It must have been a heavy trial of regrets and pain."

Sokka's body went rigid for a second and he slowly nodded. "Yes... it was a very hard trial. There are a lot of regretful things I have done in my life."

'....'

Of course, Sokka took this opportunity and played out his feelings to the maximum, and looked down sadly, a tear rolling down his face. "Yes, life sometimes can be unfair."

The Ocean Spirit nodded, assuming that the young man had been through a lot of pain and trial. So his reason to go through that pain must be very noble.

'I feel like he is misunderstanding why I was in there for so long. While what happened to her was regretful, she wouldn't want me to wail on and be depressed about her death. If we had changed places, I would want the same for her.'

Life goes on. Playtime always comes to an end.

Sokka's smile turned melancholic at the thoughts of his past life. Sometimes hookups can turn into more than one intended.

39