Chapter 83
667 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters in advance in Patreòn

Pa treon.com/HolyJoker

(20+ chapters in advance)

***

Talking like this to spirits was something fantasy-like, wondrous, and Sokka could feel the overwhelming presence of La.

It was like an invisible weight was pushing down on him, but was unlike gravity, there was a weight to it. The closest sensation he could describe it was as if the air had noticeable weight, and blood was heavier, and you could feel it moving through your veins.

This was caused due to the difference between the size of their spiritual energy, or as some might call it Chi. Sokka's Gamer Interface interpreted it as MP.

"It's strange," rumbled the Spirit of the Ocean. "I couldn't see your trial at all. Or even look at your mind."

Sokka seemed to contemplate what he said. But he knew that it was Gamer's Mind protecting him. But there was one thing that he wanted to know. Knowing that Gamer's Mind had a limit, Sokka feels curious to know just where that limit stood.

The reason he had made it so far even when spirits seemed to pay attention and scheming against him, was all because he had picked his fights carefully. There had been some surprises along the way, but life never was that predictable and he had been able to handle things. "Would you have been able to enter forcefully?"

The Spirit of the Ocean tilted his giant fish head. Its monstrous look made it hard to read his face or what it was thinking. "I feel like you're hiding something."

A chill went down Sokka's spine when he heard those words, but he smiled and nodded. "Yes, I am hiding a couple of things. But everyone has some things they don't want to be known by anyone else. Those deep secrets. Even you have secrets, right?"

La's mouth opened, and since he was made out of water, he had a translucent look, but Sokka could somewhat make out a smile. It was quite difficult to read the spirit's expressions. 

"True, we all have our secrets," La opened his watery palm and it formed a ball of light. It showed him the scenes of what was happening outside. "Outside, the Fire Nation Princess will attack again soon. Tell me, why are you here?"

Sokka noticed that the Ocean Spirit didn't answer whether he would be able to break through his [Gamer's Mind]. But Sokka dropped the subject and didn't bring it up. It was obvious to him that La didn't seem in the mood to talk about it. He changed the subject before, and calling him out on it didn't sound like a good idea.

"I need your help," seeing that he wouldn't be able to trick the Ocean Spirit, Sokka decided to be honest. He thought that the initial misunderstanding might make this easier, but only by a little. Seems like the Ocean Spirit wasn't the kind to bother or feel pity for humans, whose problems and lives might seem insignificant over the years. "The Fire Nation is attacking the Northern Water tribe. I can't stop them all."

"Human war isn't something spirits interfere with," the Ocean Spirit seemed to think about something and then the aura around him got even heavier. "I saw the battle you had against them," he narrowed his eyes that were just two light circles in the spirit's watery body. "To me, it seemed like with the help of others, as long as they didn't surround you would be able to kill many more fire nation soldiers."

 

"It's not that easy," Sokka shook his head. "A reputation of a massacring mad man isn't something that I want. Nobody likes monsters, no human should hold that amount of power and be in a possition of leadership."

There was a reason why the Avatar didn't become a nation leader. No one liked a God-like power being in charge. Sokka wasn't at that level yet, but in the eyes of the people, truth didn't matter that much. Rumors are likely to grow and make it seem like he was stringer than he is.

"Hmmm…" the Ocean Spirit crouched down, and Sokka seemed like a minuscule bug next to him. It was like a human crouching down to stare at a bug. "To me, it feels like you're more worried about your plans going wrong. I have lived for many millennia, and countless humans have requested my help, and I have observed many leaders. How do I know that you aren't trying to use me for your nefarious deeds?"

Sokka glanced down, the dark abyss almost seemed to look right back at him, narrowing his eyes it felt like he saw someone. His eyes sharpened for a split second and sighed. Sokka's gaze seemed to peer into the giant spirit. "I didn't want to do this. But I would suggest you do this 'favor' for me. Sometimes, bad things could happen to harmless fish."

"Did you… just threaten me?"

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Space crackled, the light stopped, darkness eroded. A blinding dark blue light came out of the Ocean Spirit's body. "YOU DARE THREATEN ME!!!"

Sokka's body was blasted backward, the Ocean Spirit was going to crush his spirit, destroying his existence. But Sokka seemed to luckily escape, it was as if fate itself was bending to his benefit. A smile adorned his face when he saw this. "Just as I thought, we are still somewhat inside my body."

The Ocean Spirit looked on in wonder, as all of his energy seemed to move away from Sokka. Not even a scratch was in his soul, even though he was attempting to crush the human. La had lived for thousands of years, so he wasn't incompetent when it came to using his spiritual energy and powers, but right now, he seemed very incompetent. Like a trained boxer unable to land a hit on a small, un-moving child. Stumbling before hitting him, there was a chance of that happening, but it had an astronomical low chance of happening repeatedly.

The difference between the two was insurmountable, something that Sokka wouldn't be able to close even in a hundred years. 

Yet… even now, La couldn't land a hit. For the first time in hundreds of years he felt angry, someone threatened him and the moon spirit. Yet, they were unable to do anything.

Sokka stood up, a calm smile on his face, even as the mighty spirit roared, enraged at him. "Is that it?" he asked, with an unimpressed look. "Well, while you can easily defeat me, I probably seem like a bug to you. Yet you'll never be able to kill, or harm me."

What Sokka wanted to do was test certain theories, and he was right. As long as it isn't in the real world, and is in a way like in his mind or spirit, then his Luck stat will be able to directly affect the mental world around him.

In the real world, the Ocean Spirit was just a fish, and unless he fused with Aang, he wasn't a threat to Sokka. Even if he tried to kill Sokka by spirit, Luck would make it essentially impossible to do so, as he would have to enter a zone where his Luck was in full effect. 

"You should have accepted the deal," Sokka said honestly. "We could have worked together, and both benefited from the deal. Instead, I had to threaten you, and since you became my enemy… I can't let you go," he looked down, the presence that he thought he saw previously was now gone. So he started walking in the dark space. His steps seemed to claim into the darkness. "While you might not be able to directly kill me, you could have some other Spirit do it for you. Or you might kill my cute little sister as revenge?"

 "That would piss me off. Just the thought of her death because of me makes my stomach twist. I am sure you understand, imagine if someone killed the Moon Spirit? Yes, that's the kind of anger I would feel, and that isn't good at all." As Sokka was talking, he walked towards the powerful spirit.

Booom! Booom! BOOOOOOM!!!

Bursts of energy burst through like wave, but Sokka nonchalantly walked past the attacks, none even grazing him.

Even as La tried to kill him, it was ineffective as it felt like some kind of invisible energy was around him, twisting the attacks away from him.

"Not only is anger bad for health. I don't like myself when I get angry. My parents were always angry, mad at why life was messing them up-"

"You talk too much!!" yelled out the moon spirit.

BOOOOOM!!

The sound rang out like a loudspeaker right next to his ear.

Sokka felt like the sound alone would burst his eardrums, but a gentle wisp of strange wind carried the sound away. 

'That was dangerous. Better finish this up, I have no idea how long the Luck stat can keep me safe in this.' Sokka concluded and got ready to put his plan into action. This was another theory he had.

But suddenly, he felt a chilly presence behind him. His spine felt like ice, as if ice had been poured into his brain.

32