Chapter 85 – Divine Right
673 0 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

***
God? What does he look like? Anyone who believes in a divine, or higher existence has wondered what it looks like during a part of their life. Whether such a being existed or not, was a whole other debate. But, if it did, its form would be something incomprehensible to humans. 

That was how Azula felt, as she saw a giant figure, bigger than any mountain come out of the ocean. The sky seemed to darken at the divine-looking creature's body. 

It was magnificent, godly. 

There was no other way to describe such a thing. It was at that moment when Azula understood that she had lost. Her strategies, plans, and schemes no longer mattered in front of such absolute power. 

She stumbled, and fell on the ground, using her hands to position herself to sit on the cold metallic floor. 

"This… has to be some kind of bad joke," she muttered. The fear is very apparent by now. Azula no longer saw a reason to act tough, because no matter what she did, or how she acted, there was nothing that could be done against such a creature. "Is this how I die?"

Even the usually cold, and emotionless Mai's eyes were widened with clear terror in them. Her body kept shaking, no matter how hard she tried to stop it.

Ty Lee was the only one who seemed to be even remotely calm. But that was only because she felt the divine-looking monster's aura didn't show any sign of hostility. It seemed like there was no intent to harm them. But still, Ty Lee knew by now trusting her senses wasn't a good idea. Especially when trying to read such a monstrous being.

"H -Hey, Azula, I wanted to tell you something," a stuttering Ty Lee gathered her courage to speak. "I like Kuzon… Well, I don't know if I really, really like him. But he is kind of the only choice I have. Any other guy and I will be able to tell what they're feeling, so it's kinda hard to get into a relationship like that. Also, I like how smart he is, and always seems to find something to talk about-"

"Now isn't the time!" Mai yelled, stopping Ty Lee in her mindless rant. "Azula! Wake up! We need to get out of here, give your orders!"

The Fire Princess finally came to her senses and got up. "Thank you for waking me up," she muttered, the fear in her eyes from before was gone in a split second. Azula's confidence was back in full force and she started the gigantic creature straight in the eye, fearlessly. "Fear won't get us out of this situation. So why bother with it?"

"Everyone!" She called out to her terrified soldiers, whose hearts were sunk to the brink of despair. "Get this ship out of here! Turn the engines back in reverse! Break them if you have to!"

The captain, a white-haired man whose experience showed through the many wrinkles on his face and scars on his hands. Even someone like him was afraid. They were only human after all. "B -But princess, what if we anger the deity?"

His meek talk annoyed Azula, and lightning crackled on her fingers. "Then would you rather take your chances with the spirit being angry and killing, or me killing you right now?"

The veteran gulped in fear and scattered off. "I will tell everyone your orders, princess!"

Azula almost breathed a sigh of relief, since the ones inside the ship couldn't have caught sight of the visage yet, they were oblivious to what was going outside. So she planned to use them to turn back the ship in reverse. 

But now she had another problem in her hands, and that was the soldiers on deck. Their spirits were destroyed, and Azula didn't have some magic skill that could help them. "Hey! You bastards! Get up and fight! I don't care if you don't believe in yourself, all I need you to do is trust in me."

Mai and Ty Lee looked at their friend strangely, as if she had grown a second there. Since when had Azula been so forthcoming when telling people to do something. 

'Is Azula changing?' The two girls wondered. 

"Trust in me to kill you all in the most painful way I can think of if you don't listen!" Azula continued.

'Ah, no… she hasn't changed at all.' Mai and Ty Lee had the same thought. The dull looks on their faces told it all.

Still, Azula's threats were effective as the people's fear of her took root, and they started moving. That was when the gigantic creature swung its watery arm, at first it didn't hit anything and everyone thought that maybe it wasn't that smart. 

But those thoughts subsided as their ships started tilting backward as if the water under them was draining. They were right, as the water seemed to gather into a gigantic wave that would sink islands and crush mountains.

But when it hit, the wave was slower than something its side would suggest. While it tilted the ship, it didn't break or destroy any of them. 

Azula immediately caught on to what was happening. She narrowed her eyes, as her body was racked with pain, feeling her wounds open as blood dripped from the corner of her mouth. "That… doesn't want to hurt us…"

Her breathing got heavier, as her legs became noodles, wobbling, she fell to her knees. Clutching her wound, her vision started getting hazy. "Go back… Fire Nation… Kuzon, take him back… don't forget."

Those were the last words she could mutter, as her body plummeted towards the deck, though before it hit the ground, Ty Lee was there to catch her. "There, I got you!" 

She picked up Azula in a princess carry and brought her inside. Mai saw this, and immediately took command of the ship. Azula had pushed herself too hard, standing up and commanding people even though she was injured not even a full day ago.

***
-Sokka POV-

Standing atop the world, and looking down at the Fire Nation ships that seemed like bugs was quite exhilarating. Even though there was water all around me, I could breathe perfectly fine.

[The Ocean Spirit has attempted {Possession}]

[Gamer's Mind stopped {Possession}]

[The Ocean Spirit has attempted {Possession}]

[The Ocean Spirit has attempted {Possession}]

[The Ocean Spirit has attempted {Possession}]

[The Ocean Spirit has attempted {Possession}]

[The Gamer's Mind has rebuked all {Possession} attempts]

Yeah, that little fish bastard was attempting to possess me. Sadly for him, it wasn't working. Well, if I could turn off [Gamer's Mind], I would have let him in. Maybe I could have sealed him by using my Luck. That would have been a good way to get Avatar-level powers.

Sadly, Passive Skills can't be turned off.

Every move I have made until now has been carefully planned. There might have been a couple of hiccups here and there, but I wasn't some God who could make perfect plans and predict everything.  

But even with all of this, there is one big threat hanging overhead. Has the world ever given something to someone for free? The answer was no.

So… was the Gamer Interface any different? I don't know. Was it created by someone? I have no proof of that either.

But ever since the beginning I have had this burning suspicion. The main reason I put so many points into luck was because of this. My suspicion only rose as I killed more and more high-level monsters. Wasn't my level rising a little too slowly? 

That was when it first hit me. If I was a Gamer System creator, how would I make sure that the ones who got access to something like the Gamer wouldn't go above me? Limiting the exp, or lowering the intake to 30%?

No, that wasn't the right answer. But how about I take more than 50% of the Exp he gets when killing something or completing a quest? Now no matter what, he won't be able to grow stronger than me.

At least that's how I would do things in that position. So no matter what I do, there is at least a 60% or more Exp that's taken from me with each thing I kill. It would be safer to assume that the Exp stealing was around 80%.

Yes, someone who created Gemer Interfaces wasn't doing so for giggles. No, he had something to gain from them, and that was the Exp. Were there other Gamers like me too? From what I have seen so far, there were none in this world. But due to the [Multidimensional Chat], there is proof of other worlds out there.

"Fuck," I couldn't help myself from swearing. If it came to a fight against other Gamers, who would win? A smart guy, a strong guy… or an extremely lucky guy? 

I wasn't going to be someone else's Exp mule. Even if he was stronger than me, no matter what I did. There's no way someone can stand above me. I was just too selfish, greedy, and self-serving to let something like that happen.

Those thoughts passed through my mind like flowing water and within a split second, I was free again. As the spiritual power faded out of my body, giving away to the high given by the Moon and Ocean Spirit. 

Well, these were all theories I had and none of them might be true. There was no definite proof of some other being that created the Gamer Interface existing out there. But it was better to be cautious about it than get caught by surprise.

Suddenly, a very painful sensation hit my body as I felt the Ocean Spirit's energy rampaging in anger before it dissipated. 

[You have acquired Debuff: Crippled]

[All physical stats -50%]

Ah, so they knew by now that this wasn't a relationship of equals, unlike what I had told them before. 

An equal relationship with a couple of fish? Nah, there's no way I am doing that. Either you're under me, or dead. Well, under me, as in the leadership ladder, not in a sexual manner. Probably…

Still, this Crippled debuff will be a little annoying until I go to sleep. A good night's rest would get rid of it. 

Sensation fades away as a white light engulfs my senses. The next time I open my eyes, I'm back at the pond, with the Moon and Ocean Spirit circling above my face. Getting up, I pushed them aside, and I felt the Ocean Spirit use his fishtail to slap me in the leg. 

Did he think I was done using him and the moon spirit? Yeah, keep dreaming buddy. I just got two weak fish that have superpowers, there's no way I am not abusing that. 

Of course, we will be equals in this relationship… at least that's what I will tell you. Even if they aren't, the words will be enough to console him, it's not like he can do anything about it. Well, he technically can, but at the same time, I can technically go and cut up some fish too. So he should know better than to mess around by now.

As I stepped out of the pond, water filled my lungs. With [Gamer's Body] I didn't have that terrifying drowning feeling on me, so it was easier to get the pond water out of my body. 

"Sokka, who are you?" Katara's voice brought me out of my thoughts, looking at her I saw the uncertain gaze in her eyes. 

Well, it seems like the time has come. 

33