Chapter 91 – Chains Around My Wrists
694 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...
By using the [Map] I could see Azula and Ty Lee were observing too, that was a little worrying.

There were certain things I didn't want her to see, but if I am careful then it should be okay. If I am going to fix this world, I will do it my way.

The shop we were currently in had brightened up and the atmosphere. Seeing Mai and Zuko so surprised was entertaining.

I had to make the angry teen calm down. While normally, Zuko would have been easier than Azula.

That was if I hadn't read the comics after the main story, he had one difficulty after another.

His rule was plagued by many problems, and most of them were because he wasn't decisive enough.

Azula right now was perfect to take over, she could satisfy both the old forces that supported Ozai and the newer peace-loving faction. Though there was a chance she could still go crazy, as long as something too drastic doesn't happen, she should grow to be an amazing leader. Ruthless and saintly, she would use whichever side was needed.

"So have you come to your decision?" I inquired, acting as if I hadn't orchestrated this situation. If it was just me asking him this, the chances of Zuko listening to me were low, but if Mai was the one to talk to him then he would probably listen.

Predicting how someone would react was almost impossible, but trying to guide them towards a certain decision, they are more likely to choose than. I didn't have a lot of experience in this kind of manipulation, after all, I was just an average joe you would see walking down the road. My hobbies were fairly average too. Everyone starts like that at one point. Even the worst people in history, whose names will be known throughout the world, start as failed art students.

"I don't want to give up the throne," Zuko hissed, and that surprised everyone in here, even me. Though Iroh only smiled, as if already having come to terms with it. "You think Azula will be better than me as a ruler? Then you don't know her at all."

With that said he walked off again, this time with no intention of returning. Mai seemed conflicted for a bit, and I didn't know whether she might leave with him. But in the end, she looked at the ground reluctantly and stayed.

"You have some talent in making tea," Iroh on the other hand didn't seem worried about the situation. "If you ever want to open a tea shop, we can do one together."

With that said, he walked off after his nephew. That old man… was something. He genuinely seemed more worried about tea than who the future ruler of the Fire Nation would be.

I couldn't tell whether Iroh was messing around here.

While Zuko went out, Azula came in and she had an excited smile on her face. Well, it seems like things aren't going with the plan anymore. Will have to try and come up with another one to manipulate things to go my way. "So you were observing us?"

She didn't need to answer that, as I already knew the answer and by the smirk on her face, she could tell that I knew. "Why're you trying so hard to stop Zuzu? Even if he wanted to take my throne, he's quite incompetent."

But he will grow into someone who will be your worst opponent, a kinder version of you. Someone who is a pushover, and not only will the population like someone like that more than Azula, but even the higher-ups would like someone they can push around easier.

Hell, even other nations would like to have a pushover as the leader of a dangerous nation that previously almost conquered the world.

I had put too much effort into this to have it all crumble down like a castle of cards. "It wouldn't be good to underestimate him, Azula. To everyone else, they would rather have him as the Fire Lord than you. No one likes competent people."

She seemed, get closer to the bar table and put her hands down, leaning on them and smiling. "I like competent people."

Immediately I stared at Ty Lee. "Did you teach her something weird?"

"No, no," Ty Lee shook her hands and head in denial. "Of course not!"

Azula pinched my arm, quite painfully, trying to get my attention. But due to [Gamer's Body] that pain barely lasted a second before it became nothing more than a tingle.

"Hey, don't be so angry," the Fire Princes muttered, with a knowing gaze in her eyes. "You're trying to make things work for my benefit, and if it doesn't work, I need to be angry. Not you."

*sigh*

Damn it. She was right. But I had to go through quite a bit of trouble to orchestrate this whole thing. What most people saw was how I had a bar, in a city where Zuko was present at a certain time.

I had to use my map, and waste Earth Kingdom money on something I wasn't planning to use anymore. Also, I had to buy this before they even came here and bought bars in another three close by towns.

Yeah, while plans might look clean and good at the end of something, the effort put into them was enormous.

I try not to have it bother me, the thought of someone giving me the Gamer Interface is terrifying. Especially as I slowly started releasing certain things, everything about the Gamer Interface was made to encourage the player to level up.

For example: how each level gives a point in the Gocha, and how every 10 levels I get a new function. This only makes it more clear that someone was trying to create something which was addictive to level up.

Like a Casino making you win the couple first times, just so they can continuously dry you up later.

It made the user feel special, when no one really was that special in the genral gist of things.

Keeping in mind that I wasn't special, that was good since I doubt I am the only Gamer out there.

But that was a good thing since the creator of the interface wouldn't be able to keep an eye on me constantly. Also, his control isn't absolute, or else I wouldn't have even had the chance to have such rebellious thoughts. Why give someone somthing when they wouldn't be the perfect mule?

Staying in this world won't give me a choice on fighting against an existence like that. When I go against an existence like that, then I need to be prepared to not only kill them but to lose this fight and die.

It wasn't like I wanted to die, but living under someone else's thumb and their plan was something I despised. For now, I don't want to die, I haven't experienced anything in life. So I must live the kind of life I want, and after that, go and give it my all to destroy my 'creator'.

They have an advantage over me, an overwhelming one. But so what? Humanity didn't become the most dominating race on earth due to being physically strong.

Power has many variations to it.

[Due to planning to fight against ERROR!, and have come up with a viable strategy, your intelligence has increased by 1]

For now, this was one of the least worrying things. I just have to halt my leveling up for now, as it would only send them Exp and would make my enemy stronger. While becoming a hermit wasn't the answer, right now I need to prioritize increasing my stats naturally, leveling up skills.

Clenching my hand, I could feel my heart beating in my chest.

Fear crawled up my spine, I wasn't some fearless hero.

But letting fear decide my actions wasn't something I would ever let happen.

"Azula, can I get a break for a couple of days?" I asked the fire princess.

In reality, I don't really care what her answer is. But this would make the mentally damaged girl think that she was in control of me. She needed to he in control of something with how things were going. Until those childhood wounds are healed, I will have to play at being someone who is firmly on her side, and won't leave her. "I need some fresh air to come up with new plans. It's annoying having a plan you work so hard on and end up failing."

"Sure," she shrugged nonchalantly. "But don't worry too much. No one is perfect."

… Was she trying to comfort me? Jeez, when did I become so readable?

"Why are you looking at me as if you can't believe your eyes? It's annoying." she frowned playfully.

I chuckled. "Maybe you're better than I thought."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she pouted childishly, something that the previous Azula would never do. I saw the hint of a blush on her face as she turned around. "Mai, Ty Lee, let's go. After this break, meet us in Ba Sing Se. You'll know when we're there. Also, go and visit your sick sister sometimes."

Sick sister? Oh. She's talking about that fake excuse I gave her once. Well, I did have something similar like this in mind back then and planned to use my nonexistent sick sister. Though it was somewhat a half-truth since I will be visiting my sister and don't plan to meet with Azula for quite a while.

Seeing her walk away, unconsciously dozens of plans formed in my mind. Right, it's about time I go and meet with Katara. I hope they aren't in a dangerous situation.

Ding!

[MistDemon has posted a new message in the Multi-Dimensional Chat.]

37