Chapter 92 – Slave-… I mean Unpaid Intern
706 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
***

[MistDemon has posted a new message in the Multi-Dimensional Chat.]

I stared at the notification for a good ten seconds, something felt strange.

He should have started talking long ago. Why now? This situation might have delved into something else completely.

Mentally demanding the opening of the chat, I saw what was written.

[MistDemon: I need some information. I will give you some Jutsu in exchange for information.]

Okay, so this wasn't Zabuza. Too soft-spoken and giving to be him. I could already tell it was someone else. 

This could be a trick? But what would he get out of that? Nothing. So I doubt it's a trick.

The Demon of the Mist might not have been the most business-savvy guy, but he was damn aggressive.

I would have to work my ass off to be able and pull a Jutsu out of him. He knew how valuable they're, though he didn't know exactly how valuable they were to me, he somewhat had an idea of it.

I quickly thought of something to write and it appeared in the chat.

[BeastMaster64: Sure. How about an exchange of 10 B Rank Jutsu and 2 A-Rank. Or just 1 S Rank.]

Zabuza would have likely destroyed the scroll before letting it land on the opponent's hand. So this probably isn't someone like Kakashi. No, the most likely new owner of the scroll is Haku.

While Zabuza was smart as a Jonin and couldn't be tricked that easily. He never explained the Jutsu rankings either.

But he didn't know I already knew more about his world than he did. Of course, he couldn't have known something like this. So the information he gave to Haku is most likely flawed.

This was something I could use, but first I will have to confirm that it's her… I mean him.

[MistDemon: I do not have that many jutsu to pass over. How about just 5 B Rank Jutsu?]

Hell yeah! This is way way easier than I thought.

During negotiation you must always show a high price that most people wouldn't be willing to pay.

But for information, I would even accept a D Rank Jutsu.

Yes, I was willing to go that low but she didn't know that. Zabuza wouldn't have been this easy to outmanoeuvre, but Haku was. Also Vali doesn't seem to be online, and we didn't have a good relationship so I must finish this deal before he sees what's going on.

What Haku likely wanted right now was information. Just by her short messages I could tell she was very desperate for information.

.
While walking out of the bar and tried to think about how I could get the most out of this deal.

Haku wasn't dumb either, and she-... he would notice what was happening eventually. But I will milk this situation as much as I can until then.

As I walked down the roads, happiness burst out of my heart, finally I could get stronger, especially since I was a little hesitant to level up.

At least until I understand the situation better and find some loopholes, everything has a loophole somewhere, you just need to look for it.

Seeing Azula walking away, I contemplated saying one last thing to her, but decided against it for now. She didn't need to know some things for now. I walked the opposite direction, and my heart hardened, I needed to do this.

"Ambition without action is just a fantasy," I muttered under my breath, as now it was time I took action directly instead of using subsidies. If any spirit gets in my way, I will destroy them.

I kicked off the ground, and I could feel the earth below me crack in the shape of a spider web as my foot sank in the dirt.

[<Bullet Time> has been activated]

Booom!!

By using [Sense Danger] I was able to dodge the buildings I would have slammed on, and things around me had become a little clearer than the last time I had used Bullet Time. The air I was breathing hit my lungs like a punch, due to the velocity I was moving at. But [Gamer's Body] handled any discomforting pain that followed.

Within an instant, I was in the middle of a lush forest, no one was around me and I made sure of that by using the [Map]. Instead I also entered a meditative stance, while in the Northern Water Tribe I had learned something from the Ocean Spirits. While it hadn't appeared as a Skill yet, I could depart my soul from my body. Now this by itself wasn't that impressive, especially since it made me susceptible against spirits and in this form I couldn't bend at all.

Being in the spirit form was weird, as not only did I lose by Gamer's Body skill, but I couldn't feel anything at all and the weightlessness was very weird too. Also the strange sense of calmness radiated through me, a feeling of serenity.

But among my spirit form, there was a small, barely noticeable strand that connected me with someone. I moved my consciousness towards it and within an instant my spirit was floating above a flying Appa. I saw my water clone fake-sleeping and Katara was feeding Kiwi some strange fruits and babying the fox spirit like she always was. Aang was holding the reins while standing atop Appa's head.

My water clone immediately opened his eyes and glanced towards me, signalling that he could see my spirit firm. Well, that was a curious thing to know. But he wasn't the only one who noticed as Kiwi jumped in panic into Katara's arm when it saw me.

What a little shit. I am your owner, not Katara. But I would let that slide since to me, the little fox was next to useless. Katara could make better use of the Spirit and it would protect her in a sticky situation.

The reason this spirit ability is so good was due to how it allowed me to see a place. Which completed the conditions needed for my Teleporting Boots, which were soon going to break. But I had found a good loophole at least.

Fwosh!

I went back to my body and closed my eyes, clicking my alligator-skin boots and the light around me dimmed and it felt like I was sucked through a tight tube for a split second and next thing I knew I was transported on top of Appa. With bullet time still activated, I ran so fast, dismissing my clone and taking its place before anyone else should notice.

"Hm? What was that strong wind?" wondered Katara, looking around strangely. Not noticing the water puddle that the clone had left behind, had become a blob of liquid above my palm. But since I was acting as if I was asleep, and had my back turned, she couldn't see what I did.

Kiwi looked at me weirdly, but one threatening look sent at the creature was enough to shut her up.

"Oh wow~ we are flying in the air and some wind hit us? That's surprising," sarcasm dripped out of my voice.

Katara frowned. "If you were awake you could have said so."

"So I need permission from you to be awake now?" I asked, trying to add fuel to the fire.

"You could have said something," Katara took the bait.

"C'mon guys, don't fight," Aang, like the always peaceful monk, tried to mediate the fight between us.

Of course, it wouldn't work. But at least he tried. I haven't had a fight with my sister in almost a week, and it feels like an eternity already. "I am not fighting, it's just like her dictator royal highness likes for everyone to announce when they wake up."

Katara frowned at my words, and stopped playing with Kiwi and got ready for an argument that would last us until we reached our destination. At the same time I opened the Multidimensional Stat Page with a mental command and wrote down.

[BeastMaster64: 5 B Rank Jutsu, and 1 A-Rank, I will give you any information about the chat that you want. In the future you won't pay anymore for it.]

I made sure to word it in a way that would make it seem like a good deal for her. Like the shops that put items on offer. From 100$ shoes to only 29.99$, of course people will buy them because they think they're saving money. Which they aren't. Because the shoe's value was 15$.

[MistDemon: Deal.]

She... is a pushover.

I am going to use her naivety before she smartens up.

Seems like I finally got my slave labor-... I mean unpaid intern. She could have gotten this information for free but didn't know anything about this Chat Room yet. This kind of makes me the scammer in this scenario. 

I should start chatting up Vali soon too. Two victims is always better than one.

31