Chapter 3 – Raided
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the PWA building....

 

"Alright, everyone. Let's begin the creation of our biggest collaborative work!" Eden clapped his hands for everyone's attention as he walked down the row upon row of office booths.

 

A young girl with dark brown hair and spectacles raised her hand and reported. "Leader! That new guy ain't here."

 

"Suzy's not here?" Eden recalled the conversation he had earlier. "Nanner! Did you find out what's wrong with Suzy?"

 

Nanner waved her phone and responded. "I just got off the phone with him. He said he'll be arriving a little late. When I told him about our RP, he sounded ecstatic."

 

"Ecstatic?"

 

"Yea, he said something about working on a RP of his own and he wanted us to test it out."

 

"That's great! It's good to see new members try so hard and enjoy writing. When he gets here, I'll personally critique his work."

 

Eden looked at his fellow Writers and continued. "However, for now, let's start our own. Rose, you go take a group and start working on the background story. Kirstie, go with a group and come up with the characters. Nanner, uh...you go help those, who have never done RPs before, understand what they need to do. I'll go work on the vessel."

 

"Alright." The three female leaders agreed as they began separating the community members into groups of three.

 

After dispersing the group to their respective work, Eden strolled towards the metal shop downstairs on the first floor and began working on crafting the vessel that will be used to contain the RP they were going to make. Hours went by and Eden's hard work paid off. Spending close to eighty percent of his Creativity, the young man was able to create a tissue box-sized metal container.

 

Now, one could determine the powerfulness of the Roleplay from the size of the container. As the saying goes, the larger the container, the more powerful the Roleplay. Usually, Roleplays were stored in pill-sized containers.

 

Naturally, judging by the size of the container Eden created, the Roleplay that the PWA community was going to make would be overpowering. While Eden was adding the extra touches, the front entrance of the building opened. The young leader glanced up and saw Suze walking in, a small rectangular-shaped metal container in his hand.

 

"Nice to have you here with us, Suzy!" Eden drew in the large man's attention. "Is that the RP you created? Nice metal-crafting!"

 

"Thanks. This is indeed my RP. If you don't mind, I would like to have as many people try it out as possible."

 

"Sure! Got anyone in particular you want to test out your RP?"

 

"Um, I prefer if you and some of the older members test it, if that's alright with you. I hope to get some insight from the more experienced members of the community."

 

"Okay! No problem. Follow me upstairs. Everyone's there."

 

Eden slung his arm around Suze's shoulder as the two entered an elevator. While the elevator ascended through the floors, Suze couldn't help but stare at the large metal container in Eden's hand. When Eden caught Suze looking, he explained with a chuckle.

 

"While you were gone, we decided on creating a large-scale RP specially made to deal with the Madness Suzerain."

 

"Oh? How so?"

 

"Well, I don't know yet. But, Rose and Kirstie are making the backstory and characters. I gather they're probably close to finish by now."

 

"I see. So, once this RP is finished, how will you use it to destroy the Madness Suzerain?"

 

Eden glanced at Suze with a wary look. "You seem awfully interested in this matter. Why?"

 

Suze sheepishly scratched his beard, "Ah, I was just curious. As you know, I even knew the Keeper of the Books. If even he did not succeed against the Madness Suzerain, how will we be able to?"

 

"That's true."

 

"And also, if our RP can truly defeat the tyrant, won't we need to make sure that there were no mistakes in our plan?"

 

"That's also true. Alright, no problem. I'll tell everyone once the RP is completed."

 

"But-"

 

"No rush, no rush. Look, the elevator is opening."

 

As if on cue with Eden's words, the elevator opened with a ding. The two men walked into the office room and saw the members loitering around and chatting away. When the closest person to the elevator saw them walk in, she called out excitedly.

 

"Leader! We finished the RP. It's seriously OP."

 

"Really, Queen? That's great. Do me a favor. Get everyone to meet me at the auditorium. I have some things to announce. Also, give this to Rose. She'll know what to do."

 

"Okay! You can count on me."

 

After Eden handed the metal container to the young girl, he pulled Suze over to the side. "Come on, Suzy. Let's head over to the auditorium. We'll also display your RP there as well."

 

"Alright." Suze agreed as he hurried after Eden.

 

..........

 

Minutes later....

 

The auditorium was filled to the brim with everyone from the PWA community. Eden and the other leaders were standing onstage along with the newest member - Suze. As the whispering died down, Eden began his announcements.

 

"Thank you all for coming. I would like to first congratulate you for successfully completing our society's first large-scale Roleplay."

 

As soon as he said the word 'Roleplay', he immediately covered his face with shame as Kirstie rushed up front and bellowed, "ROLEPLAYS FOR LIFE!!!"

 

Rose and Nanner quickly dragged the raving lunatic back as Eden smiled apologetically to the audience. "Now, where were we? Ah, yes. You have done well. I thank you for your hard work."

 

Eden bowed to the audience, bringing about some mild chatter. Rose approached the podium and signaled for the members to quiet down. She quietly asked Eden what he planned to do next and the young man told her that he planned to reveal their great plan so that everyone will be clued in on the matter. Rose peered at Eden and, upon seeing his determination, sighed with affirmation.

 

As Rose left the podium and returned to the other leaders' side, Eden cleared his throat and proclaimed. "You may have wondered why we have suddenly pushed forward such a massive-scaled work. Well, to be honest, it was because I had received news that a Writing community was completely reduced to dust last night."

 

Many people gasped in shock while others stood up in disbelief, their eyes revealing their inner thoughts. Eden held up his hands and motioned for them to settle down. Once everyone quieted, he continued.

 

"Because of the sudden elimination of one of our own, I have decided to hurry along our plan to bring about the destruction of the evil tyrant. And that plan is our RP! That's right! Our RP will have enough firepower to level that damned castle and everyone in it to the ground!"

 

The audience, as if moved by Eden's short speech, began to clap emotionally. Eden raised his hands once more and continued. "Rose! Have you finished installing the RP?"

 

Rose walked towards Eden and reached into her bag. She pulled out the tissue box-sized container and handed it over to the young man. Eden swept his eyes around before holding the box high in the air. "This is the plan! Next week, we will rendezvous at the usual stakeout location. If you don't remember where that is, it's the old Catholic church a few miles away from the castle. Everyone should arrive in groups of five in order to avoid suspicion from the hovercrafts.

 

Once everyone has arrived, we will move on to the second phase. Make sure you have your abilities activated and your Creativity fully charged before we start.

 

Now, the second phase is the hardest phase. You will be divided into groups of five. Four of the groups are led by me and the other leaders. The last group will be an independent group. Your mission is to solely cause distraction and chaos at the southern gate.

 

As for the four groups, group one will be led by Rose. You guys will target the eastern gate. Group two will be led by Kirstie. You will target the western gate. Group three will be led by Nanner and you will be besieging the northern gate. Lastly, group four will be led by me. We will take to the air and descend upon them from the skies. I call this tactic the Five Prong Maneuver.

 

Once inside, group two and three will generate confusion within the ranks of the enemy. Group one and four will charge towards the throne room.

 

As soon as the Madness Suzerain is in sight, Rose and I will activate the RP and draw him in with us. In the RP where the creators are the rulers, we will lift up the restriction placed on death and kill the Madness Suzerain.

 

With the tyrant dead, the others will sure to follow. Let us free the Art of Writing. Let us rise from the Literary Decline! Let us unleash our Creativity into this world once more! Let us win!"

 

The audience cheered with delight as many people crowded around the stage, raising their hands to volunteer for the mission. Hope gave a small prayer of hope and smiled when she saw Zero glance in her direction.

 

She nodded towards him knowingly and hurried down to volunteer for the RP as well. As Eden and the other leaders tried to calm down the eager candidates, a sudden explosion erupted nearby and caused the building to shake uncontrollably.

 

Zero, who was still seated, stabilized himself first and quickly sprang to his feet. He rushed out the doors to check on the situation. It hadn't been a minute before he rushed back in, a panicked expression on his face.

"Not good! The Erasers are here!"

 

Rose gasped in shock and immediately began issuing orders. "Everyone, activate your powers! Head over to your stations! Take out your RPs! Arm yourself with your Words! Go, go, go, GO!"

 

CLANK! CLANK! SKKIIDD! CRASH!

 

However, in the midst of their chaos, a clear sound of metal echoed into everyone's ears. They all turned to look at the source of the sound. It was their hard work...their ultimate RP. It was lying on the ground a couple of feet away from Eden.

 

What happened? Did Eden accidentally dropped such a fragile equipment onto the ground while he was in shock? But then, an outburst clarified their confusion.

 

"Suzy! What are you doing?!" Kirstie roared at the large, old man in utter shock.

 

It was the newest member. He had knocked the large-scaled RP out of Eden's hand during the commotion. As to why he did it, no one except Suze, himself, knew.

 

Suze glanced around him and raised his RP up. With a click of a button, he threw the activated RP into the crowd, making sure to encompass the leaders as well as most of the audience. While he threw the metallic device, he recalled what his strategist had warned him earlier.

 

..........

 

"Remember, my king, once the PWA community members have gathered as close to each other as possible, you must throw this device into the center to capture the maximum number of people. Remember, though the creator must also enter the RP for it to work, I've modified it so that you can also be considered as a co-creator." The Lord Tactician handed the device to Madness Suzerain.

 

The large, armored man examined the device and remarked with uncertainty. "How do you activate this? Just toss it onto the ground?"

 

"Oh no, if you only did that, you'll break it. What you should do is activate the RP by pressing this button. Then, you throw it in a densely packed area. The RP will shoot out 'connectors' that will attach onto anyone within a three meter radius and forcefully drag them into the virtualspace."

 

"Okay, I got it."

 

"Remember, to leave the RP, you must finish the story plot. The plot is a battle between my king and the other participants. There are two scenarios for completion - one is when they all die...and the other is when you die."

 

"Oh, ho. Why couldn't you have modified it so that they die no matter what happens?"

 

"If I could, I would. But, according to the Rules of RP, the RP must be fair for all participants. They must have a chance of victory."

 

"Just a chance, eh?"

 

"Yes, my king. A chance, no matter how unequal, is still a chance."

 

"Huhu."

1