Chapter 5 – First Death
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's been half an hour and not a single building in sight. Do you think it's wise of us to walk out in the open like this?" Res coughed as he wiped some sweat from his brow.

 

Eden looked back at the man and sighed. "I don't know."

 

"Don't blame Eden. In this type of situation, we might get caught if we walked out in the open or we might get caught if we stayed in the building...who knows how it will play out." Static rebutted as she observed their surroundings. "There's a telephone pole over there. Should we climb that and try to get a good view of exactly where we are?"

 

"Sounds like a plan." Kirstie clapped as she rushed towards the telephone pole.

 

Calling out, Eden chased after her. "Wait! Don't rush! What if it's a trap?"

 

But, Kirstie had already reached the pole. Just as she touched it, two figures burst out from underground. They were Erasers...Ground-Type Erasers or GTEs for short.

 

Eden and the rest of the group tried to warn Kirstie, but it was already too late. Though Kirstie saw the two GTEs, she could not react to the quick movements of the two enemies. With a bone-crunching attack, the two GTEs clotheslined her, knocking her unconscious.

 

As one of the GTEs proceeded to pierce Kirstie's Creativity Core, Edme arrived at the scene. She raised her finger towards the two GTEs and commanded. "Activate! I DEEM you two frozen!"

 

Right after Edme commanded the two GTEs to stop moving, a spurt of Creativity flowed from her finger and wrapped around the targets. This was Edme's ability.

 

By calling out the keyword, DEEM, Edme could order her targets to do one thing that she wanted them to do. However, the downside of this ability was that the Creativity consumption needed to keep DEEMing her targets increased at a fast rate.

 

In almost no time, Edme's Creativity would be depleted, leaving her helpless to any attack. Edme growled at her friends, urging them to hurry.

 

"Guys, I can't hold them any longer. Hurry!"

 

Algrim was the second person to arrive. He immediately focused his Creativity outwards, forming an armored avatar. This was his summoning ability.

 

Using Creativity, Algrim could summon a powerful Holy Crusader to fight for his cause for five minutes. Once the Holy Crusader appeared, Algrim indicated towards the two motionless GTEs.

 

With a silent nod, the avatar charged towards the GTEs with his large shield and rammed into them. The Holy Crusader rushed towards the nearest target and with a clean sweep of his broadsword, he sliced the GTE in half. Without wasting any time, the Holy Crusader pierced his lance into the second GTE, ending his life.

 

Eden rushed to Kirstie's side and began radiating Creativity. "Activate! Garden of Eden!"

 

A large interdimensional space cloaked Eden and Kirstie. The others entered the safe haven as well. Within the Garden of Eden, all injuries, no matter how serious, were healed. All negative buffs and side effects were negated.

 

In addition, Creativity regenerated at twice the speed. It was the perfect shield against all attacks both physical and mental. While inside, the group could see everything that occurred on the outside, but those on the outside could not see what was going on in the inside.

 

The group saw the two corpses of the GTEs. However, something was strange about the bodies. There was no blood. Instead, there was ink. Hope gasped in surprise and pointed at the body that was split in two.

 

It was rapidly degenerating. The skin grew old and wrinkly...so much that it began to shrink until it looked like a dried up mummy. With but a gust of wind, the body crumbled into dust. This shocked everybody who saw the event. They hurriedly looked at the other body and saw that it was also undergoing the same process.

 

Static asked Eden since he had more experience in RP-related things. "What's going on? What's wrong with their bodies? Is that gonna happen to us as well?"

 

"Don't jinx us, Static! I think I know what's going on. Those GTEs are not real. They were created within the RP. That's why, instead of blood, they have ink. Since the ink has left their bodies, they have nothing to support them and so they crumble into dust."

 

Static sighed in relief but still felt a bit worried about their situation. Their powers, though strong, were limited due to the amount of Creativity in each person's body. However, the creator - that goddamn troll - has access to unlimited Creativity. As she mused over this unfavorable situation, Kirstie woke up from her coma.

 

"Is it time to eat?" Kirstie mumbled groggily.

 

Eden and the others laughed heartily at her. The young leader patted Kirstie's back and helped her stand. "Not yet. We still have a RP to finish."

 

"Oh yeah...."

 

"Let's get going. This Garden of Eden is putting a bit of strain on me."

 

"Alright."

 

Eden deactivated his safe haven, revealing the group out in the open. Res offered to climb the telephone pole in order to look for any buildings or fellow members. At the top of the pole, Res checked his surroundings. At first, he could not see anything and was just about to give up when he spotted some movements. Excitedly, he called out to his group below.

 

"I see someone!"

 

"How many are there?" Eden cupped his hands over his mouth and called out.

 

"Um...there's four! Oh no!"

 

"What? What is it?"

 

"It's Essence! He's fighting against three Erasers!"

 

"What? We need to help him. Which way is he at?" Kirstie exclaimed as she shook the telephone pole, causing Res to feel his heart drop to his stomach.

 

Res hugged the pole tightly as he pointed. "O-Over t-there!"

 

"Come on! Let's hurry!" Eden proclaimed as he and the others rushed towards the direction Res had pointed.

 

Res scrambled down the pole and hastily followed. "W-Wait for me!"

 

..........

 

Essence was walking towards the telephone pole, he could barely see, in the distance. As he walked past a supermarket, he realized something upon reading the supermarket's signboard. This area was based off of the city that the Madness Suzerain had taken over. If that was the case, Essence knew of a location that contained a secret book collection. But, first, he should get to the telephone pole. Who knows, maybe he'll meet some of his friends. If it's them, they would also have the same thoughts.

 

Essences continued walking towards his goal when all of a sudden, he saw two sand explosions by the telephone pole. What's going on? Wait! Are those GTEs? For them to appear meant that his friends were close by. Essence picked up his pace and stormed through the streets towards the distant telephone pole.

 

However, he did not go far. Just as he took his twentieth step, a shadow rushed towards him. Essence glanced up and saw a Flying-Type Eraser or FTE for short. He paled at the sight. The reason being was that FTEs were his weakness.

 

FTEs weren't his ability's bane, however, it would be an extremely tough fight if he were to meet one. Nevertheless, his friends needed his help. Essence roared out the activation commands, allowing his Creativity to flow from within and causing his body to transform.

 

In a few moments, Essence enlarged to twice his original size. His muscles bulged out, his stomach expanded, and his mouth widened. He had transformed into a wild vore man...a Devourer. Using his Devour skill, he could consume almost anything. Essence gazed at the descending FTE and jumped. Once transformed, his strength and speed increased twofold. And because of this increase, he was able to meet the FTE in midair, causing the enemy to jerk back in surprise.

 

Essence threw out a terrifying fist and knocked the FTE down. The FTE plummeted into the ground with a resounding crash. Essence fell like rock and smashed the ground next to the FTE. Because of his increase in strength, he was unhurt from the fall.

 

Essence walked towards the FTE and prepared to deal the killing blow, however, two explosions reverberated behind him. He spun around and saw two GTEs rush towards him. Essence held up both arms to block as he was knocked back by the GTEs' powerful punches.

 

"You won't take me alive! Die!" Essence roared as he scrambled to his feet and dropkicked the nearest GTE.

 

The GTE flew back as blackened blood sprayed from his mouth. Essence flipped back up and windmilled the second GTE. He straddled the fallen GTE and raised his fists up.

 

Just as he was about to unleash a double-hammer to end the GTE's life, two claws punctured his shoulders. Essence stared wide-eyed as he realized what was about to happen. He tried to get up but the GTE below him grabbed onto his legs.

 

RRRIIIIIPPPP!!!

 

Essence squinted his eyes in pain as tears and blood flowed out. His arms...both of his arms were brutally ripped from their sockets. Blood poured out uncontrollably, causing him to feel weak. He felt like he wanted to give up, however, when the thought of his friends in trouble, he relinquished all thoughts and opened his mouth. With an earthshaking roar, he bent forward and chomped off the entire upper half of the GTE.

 

He chewed a few times and spat out the glob of gore. He slowly struggled to his feet. Turning around, he saw the FTE descending towards him once more. His blood-red eyes glared at the FTE, his presence unleashing a horrifying blood thirst. With another bite, he tore the enemy into pieces.

 

As he chewed at the flesh and bones ferociously, he suddenly felt something amiss. This taste...it's ink! Essence choked on the black liquid and spewed out the remains. Dizziness struck him as he bent over and tried to throw up everything. Just as he stood up for some fresh air, he heard a noise behind him.

 

Essence spun around and saw the first GTE he had knocked out. The enemy rushed forward with his fist drawn back. With a thunderous boom, the GTE unleashed a mighty piercing attack into the gut of the Devourer. Blood spurted out from Essence's mouth as his eyes rolled back. He collapsed onto the ground and laid there motionless but barely alive.

 

The GTE stood above him and raised his left leg. With a devilish grin, the GTE stomped down.

 

..........

 

Eden and his group rushed towards Essence's aid. They saw him lose his arms. They saw his berserk mode. They saw him collapse. Eden urged his peers to hurry. If he could just arrive there...he would be able to heal Essence with his Garden of Eden ability. Just a hundred meters left. Just a hundred left! But he was too late.

 

The GTE stood above Essence and raised his left leg. That devilish grin on the GTE's face as he stomped down was imprinted into Eden's mind. Eden roared in pain as he pushed the GTE off of Essence.

 

Immediately, he activated Garden of Eden. He must save Essence. Death in the RP meant death in real life. However, no matter how much he tried to heal Essence, he could not resurrect the dead. Eden cried with sorrow as he held Essence's lifeless body in his arms.

 

Kirstie and Algrim entered the Garden of Eden once they finished off the GTE. However, when they saw Eden's sorrow and Essence's body, they too began to sob.

 

After they cried their hearts out, Eden released his ability and they reappeared before the others. Everyone else was depressed at the loss of their friend. As they mourned, the system sent out a message to all participants of the Roleplay.

 

SYSTEM: ESSENCE HAS DIED! THERE ARE 13 PARTICIPANTS LEFT!

1