Chapter 8 – Unleashing Everything
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How's that possible!?" Wrath Chief bellowed when Zero proclaimed his achievement.

 

With the addition of the reinforcements, the Writers from Rose's group were able to rest and recover their Creativity. Now, the news of Lord Tactician's death had brought up the morale of the Writers and lowered the morale of the Erasers.

 

It was at this time when Lily decided to use her power once more. The cheer was much needed help. The Writers and their newfound motivation bravely charged, killing more and more Erasers.

 

Wrath Chief bellowed and drew his weapon - a long, two-handed broadsword. Now, the Wrath Chief was unlike Madness Suzerain and Lord Tactician. He did not awaken to his Creativity. Instead, he awakened to a different ability. This ability was Qi.

 

By manipulating the Qi in nature as well as the Qi in his own body, the Wrath Chief could deliver powerful attacks and move at the speed of sound. Using this ability, he rushed into a group of Writers a cleaved them all in half. In just a blink of an eye, eight Writers perished. This devastating blow shook the other Writers.

 

Sylveon mourned at the loss of her teammates. Other than CrazyLife and Poet, everyone else was killed. In her fit of anger, she roared out her ability. "Activate! SUMMON POKEMON CARD! I choose you, Charizard!"

 

Creativity swirled above Sylveon's hand and began to solidify. Once it materialized, Sylveon held up the card and threw it onto the ground. With a puff of smoke, the card summoned an avatar...a large, orange reptilian creature with large leathery wings and a tail on fire. The creature bellowed out a mighty roar and flew towards the Wrath Chief.

 

"Charizard! Flamethrower!"

 

The large lizard - Charizard - spewed out a long stream of fire at the enemy. However, the Wrath Chief snorted in ridicule and jumped into the air. With that one jump, the middle-aged man landed on top of the flying beast.

 

He grabbed a hold of the wings and tore them off of the creature's body. The Charizard roared in agony before disappearing into a puff of smoke. What laid in its place was a shredded card and that too reverted back into Creativity.

 

Sylveon cursed in shock as she distressingly tried to conjure another card. Not giving her the chance to, the Wrath Chief barreled towards the defenseless girl in hopes of disrupting her activation. Suddenly, a lightning bolt clashed onto him. However, the Wrath Chief was uninjured. He looked over at the source of the lightning bolt in annoyance and frowned.

 

When Storm saw that her attack was ineffective, she started to channel huge amounts of Creativity into the black cloud. More and more lightning bolts descended from the cloud, bombarding the large man. Yet, he was still unaffected...he could still move.

 

At this moment, Storm panicked. None of her attacks worked and the enemy was moving closer to her with every step. When all hope seemed lost, Karp rushed in to save the day. As he displayed his ability, Karp squeezed in between Storm and the Wrath Chief. With a swing of his arm, he...smacked the enemy with a fish.

 

Everybody who saw Karp's action was stunned. Wrath Chief looked at Karp weirdly and cursed. "What the fuck are you doing, boy? You looking to die?"

 

Storm didn't know whether to laugh or cry as she whispered to Karp. "What are you doing? What's with that fish? Are you trying to do a stand-up?"

 

"Eh, it's not my fault. My ability only grants me the power to summon fish." Karp scratched his head embarrassingly.

 

"Then, why couldn't you summon the world's largest fish? Or a school of fish?"

 

"Oh...good point."

 

"Do you think I'm air? How dare you chit-chat while I'm still here?!" Wrath Chief screamed as he carved his blade through the air and downwards towards Karp.

 

The man leaped back and raised his palm towards the large, burly man. "Activate! SUMMON FISH! A school of piranhas!"

 

A portal made from Creativity emerged before his hand. Piranhas upon piranhas gushed out in a shot of water and collided onto the Wrath Chief. As the piranhas distracted the man, Karp activated his ability once more. "Activate! SUMMON FISH! Whale shark!"

 

A huge whale shark appeared from the portal and landed on top of the Wrath Chief. All twenty tons of whale shark squashed the man, leaving a crater in the ground. Sylveon rushed over to comfort Storm and checked on her. After, she walked up to Karp and looked at the whale shark.

 

"Wow, that looks like Wailord."

 

"A what?" Karp turned towards her with a questioning look.

 

"You don't know what a Wailord is? You know, it's a Pokemon."

 

"Yea, I don't watch Pokemon."

 

"You poor, poor man."

 

"Hey, what do you mean by that? Hey!"

 

Karp called out to Sylveon but she had already left to fight some Erasers. Suddenly, a grunt was heard. Karp turned around and saw the whale shark move. No, to be more accurate, the whale shark was rising.

 

That Wrath Chief still wasn't dead! To think he was actually capable of lifting the twenty-ton fish. With a final heave, the burly man threw the whale shark aside with a loud bang.

 

"Ha!" The Wrath Chief roared as he sent out his bloodlust.

 

The rich bloodlust permeated the air around them, scaring off any who approached the area. The power of the bloodlust was not depended on how many enemies it could kill, but rather how many enemies it could immobilize. And it seemed Karp was one of them. As Karp struggled to move, he heard a small squeak from CrazyLife. "Activate! CRAZY BOOST! Karp, your life is crazily adventurous!"

 

With those words, Karp began to feel more motivated. Adrenaline rushed into his system, giving him more confidence and decisiveness in himself and his actions. With a boost of will power, Karp broke free from the paralyzing effect of Wrath Chief's bloodlust and tumbled out of the way.

 

Reads leaped forward and with a wave of his hand, Creativity gushed out and formed a large book. "I have Wrath Chief's strengths and weaknesses over here! He...he doesn't seem to have any weaknesses. No, wait! His eyes! He hasn't been able to reinforce his eyes with Qi! Go for his ey-kuah!"

 

Wrath Chief tackled Reads, knocking him unconscious. As he prepared to erase him, a bolt of lightning crashed into him. Unlucky for Reads, because Wrath Chief was on top of him, both were shocked by the lightning bolt. However, only Reads was affected.

 

The death of Reads indirectly caused by the hands of Storm traumatized her. In her disarray, Wrath Chief took advantage of the situation and clotheslined her. The force from his arm, snapped Storm's neck in half. The pitiful body skidded to a stop near Ice and Queen, as if fate allowed them to be together one last time.

 

Anger and sorrow could force people to do many things against their limits. Everyone, who saw the continuous deaths of their friends, exploded as they pushed past the limits of their Creativity and triggered their strongest moves. The abilities merged with each other, becoming an extremely powerful combination attack.

 

"Activate! SUMMON POKEMON CARD! I choose you, Machamp!"

 

"Activate! MJ SUMMONS! Summon Manifestable Javelins!"

 

"Activate! CHEER FOR FANS! I believe in you, Machamp!"

 

"Activate! LUCOZADE! Soft drink shower!"

 

"Activate! CRAZY BOOST! Machamp, you are crazy!"

 

Sylveon summoned a four-armed rocky creature who was taller than the Wrath Chief by a head. MJ summoned four manifestable javelins that the Machamp could equip in each of his arms. Lily the Fangirl cheered for the mythical beast, boosting his abilities and regeneration capabilities by five times. Ruko summoned a large, brown cloud that spewed out a lucozade shower. The liquid sprayed on Machamp, increasing his alertness and agitation. CrazyLife shot Machamp with so much adrenaline that he exploded with berserker rage.

 

The monster roared with fury and sprinted towards the Wrath Chief. As Machamp neared his opponent, he continuously threw javelins at an incredible speed. Being manifestable javelins, Machamp could will an infinite number of them in his hands. Fortunately, it seemed that the power of the enhanced monster could push back the Wrath Chief.

 

The two powerhouses collided with each other and they fought to a standstill. Seeing that their combined efforts could only be on par with the enemy general, the Writers attacked as well. They hoped that, coupled with their attacks, the Machamp could win against the Wrath Chief.

 

Meanwhile, Karp and Poet were fending off the numerous Erasers. Karp summoned a tidal wave full of different flesh-eating fish. The wave swept away many GTEs and CTEs while the FTEs took to the skies. As the water receded, Poet cleared her throat and proclaimed.

 

"Activate! POETRY SLAM! But see, amid the mimic rout a crawling shape intrude! A blood-red thing that writhes from out...and its hero the Conqueror Worm!"

 

The floors began to shake at the end of Poet's recitation of Edgar Allan Poe's poem - The Conqueror Worm. Right below one of the hovering FTE, the floor cracked open and a giant teeth-baring worm burst out.

 

It grabbed onto the FTE's foot and dragged him into the ground. Muffled screams could be heard as the dirt filled the FTE's lungs. Seconds later, blood ejected from the crevice. After taking the kill, the Conqueror Worm moved on to its next target.

 

At this time, Rose had awakened from her coma. She and Zero also joined in the fray. Rose used her plant manipulation powers to entangle and immobilize the Erasers. Zero, having used two big Creativity-consuming moves, could only blurt out small-scale moves like 'Eraser's weight reaches zero' or 'Eraser's reaction reaches zero'.

 

With the help of the two high-level Writers, the remaining Writers were able to completely demolish the Eraser army. All that's left was Wrath Chief and he wasn't faring well either.

 

In just a few more minutes, an opening appeared on Wrath Chief. Scar took advantage of the opening and fired a potent energy wave. The wave smashed into Wrath Chief's undefended area, breaking bone and rupturing organs.

 

Wrath Chief spurted out blood and collapsed where he stood. The Writers circled around the large man. Rose walked up to him and asked if he had any last words. The man glanced at the young lady before him and sneered.

 

"Yea. Die!"

 

Wrath Chief reached out and tried to grab Rose, however, right at this moment, a flash of light exploded out. It came from the RP container!

 

Eden and the rest...they've completed it! They're out!

1