Chapter 9 – Escape
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the RP....

 

Having lost Essence, Eden and others were overburdened with fatigue. They decided to camp out by the telephone pole and rest their weary minds. A few hours later, Nanner and her group arrived. They too cried when they saw Essence's body. Although it wasn't necessary, Nanner suggested holding a small funeral for Essence - just the ceremony could put the others' minds somewhat at ease. Eden agreed after some thought and they buried Essence's body under a pile of rocks.

 

The ceremony lasted for an hour. After the burial, everyone calmed down. Their minds rested. However, something occurred. Algrim, who was scouting the perimeter, rushed into camp screaming.

 

"It's bad! Erasers are coming!"

 

Eden rushed towards Algrim and questioned. "How many? What type?"

 

"There's more than a hundred! Flying-Types, Ground-Types, Claw-Types, even Armor-Types!"

 

"We can handle them, right?" Raven asked when she heard the number of enemies that were approaching their encampment. "At least the Madness Suzerain isn't with them."

 

"T-That...."

 

"You mean...he's there as well?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Fuck! Me and my crow mouth. How can I be such a harbinger of bad news? I should just change my name to Crow instead."

 

Eden asked Algrim to show him where the enemies were coming from. As he followed after Algrim, he told Kirstie to stay and get everyone battle-ready.

 

The two rushed towards a hill. Upon reaching the top, Algrim pointed to the distance. Eden squinted at the direction Algrim was pointing and sure enough, there were a series of black dots.

 

In the lead was a fully armored, large figure. After seeing that the Erasers were still a good distance away, Eden told Algrim to head back and bring the rest of the group to the hill.

 

Algrim nodded and left without another word. Eden observed his surroundings, taking note of the trees and rocks in the area. He has decided to make use of this hill as their base. After all, there's that high-ground advantage. Not to mention that they could also be able to see the enemy's movements but the enemy could not see their movements if they hid behind the hill.

 

Moments later, Algrim returned with the others. Eden told everyone of his plan and they agreed to it. The Writers prepared themselves as they await for the enemy, making sure that they gave the impression of obliviousness towards the approaching army.

 

..........

 

"Report! The Writers have camped at the top of Jericho's Hill. They don't seem to have noticed our movements." A FTE accounted as he descended to the ground before the Madness Suzerain.

 

"Oh?" The large, elderly man mused as he thought about his next action. "A little different from what I've expected, but still in my favor nonetheless. What should I do next? Hmm, I don't have any spare Creativity to make more Erasers. We'll have to do with what we got. Messenger! Recount my orders to the others. ATEs in front and CTEs behind. They are the first wave. Second wave will be composed of FTEs. They will attack from above while the Writers are focused on the first wave. Third wave will be composed of GTEs. They will act as reinforcements for the first wave. That will be all."

 

"Yes, my king!"

 

After the Erasers received the orders, they began to move in formation. Once everyone was ready, the army continued their march. As they approached the hill, Madness Suzerain drew his weapon and roared a mighty battle cry.

 

"The enemies are right in front of us! Charge!"

 

"Ooouuuaahhhhh!" The Erasers responded to the warcry with great motivation as they climbed up hill.

 

However, right when they reached the foot of the hill, a large portal appeared above them. They looked up curiously. Some even raised their arms up to guard. But they could never prepare for what's to come. As the portal opened, copious amounts of high-pressure sea water poured down onto the Erasers.

 

Most of the ATEs could depend on their heavy armor to withstand the downward flow of the water. However, the CTEs hiding behind them could not. Some depended on their claws to cling on the ground, but others were quickly washed down the hill.

 

As the water dispersed, a young man showed his face as he looked down at the disoriented Erasers. "Like our present?"

 

"Eden. Is this how you treat a friend?" Madness Suzerain looked up at the dark-faced young man.

 

"You're not my friend."

 

"Tsss. That's harsh. Well, no matter. You'll all meet your end here."

 

"I won't be so sure about that."

 

"Haha, we'll see. Erasers! What the fuck are you doing lying about? Get up and attack!"

 

..........

 

A few minutes ago....

 

"They're coming! Ursea, you know what to do!" Kirstie responded as she saw the Erasers approach the hill.

 

Ursea nodded and began to channel his Creativity. "Activate! SUMMON MY SEA! Portal to the bottom of the sea!"

 

A large portal appeared from above the incoming Erasers. As they looked up curiously, the portal opened and sea water poured down on top of them. Because the water came from the bottom of a sea, the pressure was intense. Nearly half of the Erasers from the first wave were washed back. Though none were severely injured, most of them were disoriented.

 

Eden walked towards the edge of the hilltop and peered down at the army. Upon seeing Madness Suzerain, he smirked. "Like our present?"

 

The large, armored man bantered with Eden for a while before he ordered his warriors to charge up the hill once more. As the Erasers clambered up the hill, Eden called out to Mae-Mae.

 

"Mae-Mae! It's up to you now."

 

"O-Okay!" Mae-Mae raised up her hands and activated her ability.

 

Mae-Mae's codename was not 'Mae-Mae', that was just her nickname. In fact, it was actually Rainyblues. Her ability allowed her to control rain.

 

A large cloud of dark green flew above the Erasers. The CTEs retreated after the first attack had raised their caution. The ATEs, however, were too slow to react. Dark-green rain fell on top of the Erasers, burning them. The rain was highly potent acid rain. Once the rain trickled to a stop, the lower half of the hill was littered with melted ATEs.

 

The Writers could see the Madness Suzerain's seething face. The tyrant mouthed some words of anger and FTEs appeared from above. They circled around the Writers, waiting for a chance to strike.

 

While the Writers placed their attention on the FTEs, the ground below them shook and exploded out. Ten burly Erasers emerged from the ground and attacked. They were Subterranean-Type Erasers! The reason Algrim didn't spot them before was because they were underground the whole time! The STEs rushed through the group and dragged an unlucky Writer underground.

 

"No! Who did they take?" Nanner screamed in horror as she tried to dig away at the place where the Writer was taken.

 

"It...It was Res!"

 

"Oh. Nevermind then."

 

Eden quickly formed a countermeasure. "Res can take care of himself. As for the rest of us, we need to prepare ourselves for the next attack. Static, use your electricity and keep the ground flowing with high-voltage electricity."

 

"Got it." Static replied as she placed her hands on the ground and began injecting Creativity-filled electricity.

 

"Oz, form a magical platform for us to stand on so that we don't get shocked by the static electricity."

 

"Alright." Oz nodded and with a wave of her hand, a platform formed below their feet and raised the Writers a foot above the ground.

 

Meanwhile, the FTEs decided upon this time to launch an assault. They dove towards the Writers...and were blocked by large looming trees. This was Raven's Darkbright Woods. The trees blocked the FTEs from attacking, but what was unusual about those trees was that their branches had locked onto each FTE. As the FTEs struggled free, the trees began to move. The trees became Treants! They rose from the earth and thrashed the FTEs into the electrified ground.

 

BZZZZ! BZZZZ! BZZZZZ!

 

After numerous smashes, the FTEs stopped moving. Though there were still some twitching left, those were just normal, postmortem movements. The Flying-Type Erasers were officially dead.

 

Now that all of the ATEs and FTEs were killed, only around sixty Erasers were alive. Madness Suzerain had lost big time while the Writers had suffered no casualty.

 

Now, people may wonder why Res wasn't considered a casualty. Well, that was because of Res's awakened ability. He had the power to passively resurrect no matter how many times he died.

 

Not to mention, Res has a good physique and strong martial ability. Fighting underground posed no problem for him.

 

Soon after the Treants thrashed the FTEs, Raven's Creativity reserves were depleted. Her Darkbright Woods disappeared and she exhaustingly collapsed onto the magical platform. While she rested, a buzzing startled the group. They turned and saw Res twitching on the ground.

 

"G-G-G-Guy-y-s-s-s-s, s-s-s-to-o-o-op th-th-th-e-e s-s-s-s-sta-a-t-t-i-i-i-c-c-c-c-c."

 

"What about the STEs?" Static asked as she placed her hands on the ground.

 

"D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-e-e-e-a-a-a-a-d-d-d-d-d-d."

 

"Oh, that's good."

 

Static retracted the electricity on the ground and Res finally stopped twitching. Oz retrieved her magic and the Writers descended to the ground. While Res recovered, he scrambled forth and sat next to Raven. "So, what's the situation while I was away?"

 

"Raven summoned some Treants and annihilated the FTEs." Hope replied.

 

"That's great! Good job, Raven."

 

Eden surveyed the Erasers below and found that they were charging once more. This time, Madness Suzerain led the charge. Eden quickly turned to Oz, Ursea, Mae-Mae, and Edme. "It's your turn. Go give them hell."

 

Mae-Mae was the first one up. Having exhausted most of her Creativity by summoning the large-scaled acid rain, she could only summon a normal rain cloud now. The girl raised her hands high in the air and chanted. "Activate! RAINY CLOUDS! Normal rain!"

 

A gray cloud loomed over the Erasers and began to pour heavily. The rain, although harmless, slowed down the momentum of the charging enemies. Not to mention, the water muddied the ground, making it hard for the Erasers to step on.

 

As the Erasers struggled up the hill, Edme pointed her finger at the enemy army and unleashed her power. Using all of her Creativity, she deemed all of the CTEs to view the GTEs as enemies and vice versa. With this, an internal conflict arose. The CTEs pushed around the GTEs and the GTEs punched the CTEs.

 

The CTEs fought with the GTEs and the GTEs killed the CTEs. What started with a small conflict, turned into a massive-scaled massacre. Madness Suzerain tried to stop their conflicts but gave up halfway. Instead, he turned around and headed straight for Eden. He believed that by taking out Eden, the other Writers would fall like dominos.

 

The Madness Suzerain quickly arrived in front of Eden and thrust out a fierce piercing attack before Eden and those close by could react. However, Res noticed and reacted in time. He appeared before Eden and took the killing blow from the tyrant. A gaping hole appeared from where the Madness Suzerain pierced through.

 

Res fell to the ground, but he was able to buy Eden some time to gain some distance between him and the tyrant. The Madness Suzerain took a step forward, but found that he could not move. Someone had attached onto him! The tyrant turned around to look and saw Res, alive and well.

 

"Impossible! Aren't you dead?"

 

"Haha, you can't kill me. I'll just resurrect again and again."

 

"Kuh!"

 

Eden took advantage of the pause and issued out. "Kirstie, Algrim, knock him off of here!"

 

"You got it!" Algrim roared as he summoned his avatar - the Holy Crusader.

 

"Got it!" Kirstie bellowed as she activated her ability - Krazy Mode.

 

In Krazy Mode, another personality of Kirstie's replaced her current one. She became crazy...violent...berserk. Her skin and hair burned bright red and her eyes alight with the flames of rage. Kirstie and Algrim both attacked the defenseless tyrant, bringing him together with them as the four descended down the hill.

 

Res continued to lock onto the Madness Suzerain, blocking all chances of escape. Kirstie and Algrim left the two on the ground while they rushed towards the Erasers.

 

By now, the Erasers numbered at most in the late twenties. Having been under Edme's DEEM the whole time, the Erasers had nearly wiped out each other. When Kirstie and Algrim joined in, tearing and cutting, the effect on the Erasers vanished. The remaining CTEs and GTEs turned their attention on the two Writers and attacked.

 

While they attacked, Ursea and Oz descended down the hill and approached the struggling Madness Suzerain. Ursea opened up a portal and gushed out a high-pressure water jet onto the despot, damaging him slowly and preventing him from moving. Oz waved her magic around, causing the tyrant to slowly feel drowsy. Seeing the disadvantageous situation in front of him, the Madness Suzerain decided to use his Creativity-consuming ability - Siren's Madness.

 

The Madness Suzerain was named as thus because of that ability. The only problem was that once he used the ability, it would go on for an hour. In that time, he could not move at all. Initially, he had hoped that he would not have to use this ability, but now, he had no other choice. He took a deep breath and screeched a piercing cry.

 

The cry entered the ears of everyone - Writers and Erasers. Everyone was affected by the madness-inducing cry. Everyone tried to cover their ears but the sound still pervaded into their minds.

 

In the midst of the madness, Eden called everyone to return as he set up the Garden of Eden. The Writers entered and collapsed. The madness had affected them terribly. Even with the healing boost of the Garden of Eden, the Writers needed some time to recover. Hopefully, there won't be any traumatic side effects.

 

..........

 

The Siren's Madness had been going on for half an hour now. What's left of the Erasers had all succumbed to the madness and perished. In the Garden of Eden, the Writers had recovered. They were busy discussing their next plan.

 

"What should we do? Should we wait it out?" Edme asked as she stared at the statue-like tyrant.

 

"No, I heard that while the Madness Suzerain uses his ability, he is also recovering Creativity and vitality. If we wait for him to stop, he might fully recover. This is the best time to defeat him." Hope replied.

 

"What should we do then? Oz, do you have anything in your repertoire to stop him?" Nanner asked the quiet girl who was lost in thought like always.

 

"I have a way to defeat him...but I just can't get close. Maybe someone else can get close?" Oz hesitantly responded.

 

"Hmmm, Res, do you think you can get close with your resurrection ability?" Kirstie asked.

 

"My power is resurrection, not regeneration. I would be affected like everyone else. I can't do it." Res shook his head. "Eden, do you have any plan Bs or plan Cs for cases like this?"

 

"T-That...no."

 

"I'll do it." Static suddenly volunteered.

 

The others looked at her curiously and Ursea asked her how. Static turned towards her allies and replied with a straight face. "I can cancel out sound by using static."

 

"That's great!" Algrim clapped. "Why didn't you say so?"

 

"That's because...it requires all of my Creativity. I will be defenseless once I'm done."

 

"No! You will die, you can't go. We must think of something else." Eden denied.

 

"No! I must. If there is a chance to stop the Madness Suzerain once and for all, I'll take it. It is my duty as a Writer. Don't refuse my duty!"

 

"That...fine. Writer Static...may the Words be with you."

 

Static nodded towards Eden. She clasped her hands over her ears and murmured. "Activate! Static Sound!"

 

With sound canceled, Static received the magical artifact from Oz and left the safety of the Garden. She walked towards the Madness Suzerain and stabbed him with the magical artifact.

 

BOOM!

 

Madness Suzerain stopped screaming and exploded as powerful magic writhed within him. The tyrant coughed out blood as life seeped out of him. He grabbed onto the unconscious Static and broke her neck.

 

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

 

Five continuous explosions occurred within him. When the last boom resounded in the air, the tyrant breathed his last and died.

 

SYSTEM: STATIC HAS DIED! THERE ARE 12 PARTICIPANTS LEFT!

 

SYSTEM: MADNESS SUZERAIN HAS DIED! THERE ARE 11 PARTICIPANTS LEFT!

 

SYSTEM: THE CREATOR HAS BEEN DEFEATED, THE ROLEPLAY IS COMPLETED!

 

SYSTEM: ALL REMAINING PARTICIPANTS WILL BE SENT BACK!

 

SYSTEM: ALL DEAD PARTICIPANTS WILL BE SENT BACK!

 

Light emerged from the Writers as well as the dead bodies and with a flash, they all disappeared.

1