Chapter 10 – Death and Loss
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"They're back! Eden and the rest are back!" CrazyLife screamed excitedly as a flash of light appeared from the RP device.

 

Eleven figures stepped out. Two bodies laid on the ground. Rose could see that the two bodies were that of Essence and Static. Her eyes tore up with regret and sorrow.

 

When Eden appeared, Rose rushed in to hug him. They held in each other's arms for a while before they broke up embarrassingly after a cough from Kirstie.

 

"Welcome back." Rose smiled.

 

"I'm back." Eden smiled.

 

"Ahem, ahem." Kirstie coughed.

 

Suddenly, a flash of light appeared. Eden and the rest looked at the light, curious at what was the cause of it. As the light dimmed, a shadowy figure dashed out, barreling past the group of Writers and landing next to the Wrath Chief. Though wounded, the shadowy figure turned out to be the Madness Suzerain!

 

"How? Shouldn't you be dead?" Eden paled at the sight of their hated enemy. How could he still be alive? Didn't the rules specifically state that death in the RP meant death in reality? Then, why is the Madness Suzerain still living?"

 

"Hehe, my Left Hand had added a loophole to the RP. Being dead doesn't mean it has to be permanent."

 

"What do you mean by that?" Kirstie asked as she too could not believe her eyes.

 

However, it wasn't the tyrant who responded to her question. Instead, Ursea replied. "Being dead doesn't mean permanent death. He could have faked his death and the RP will still count it."

 

"Exactly." The tyrant smiled. He looked around and noticed that his army was defeated. Lord Tactician's body laid motionless in the distance. Wrath Chief leaned against the wall, his arms and legs broken from his fight with Machamp. The Madness Suzerain glanced at the Writers and humphed.

 

"Do you think you can defeat me? I may have lost today, but I will come back even stronger! You will all die from my hands!"

 

Nanner grunted with dissatisfaction and pointed at the mad tyrant. "Not if I have something to say about it. Activate! NANNER BANNER! Everything you said was just ridiculous fake nonsense!"

 

Creativity shot from Nanner's finger and pierced into the Madness Suzerain's body before he could react. Suddenly, a significant change occurred within the tyrant. He loosened up and slowly looked at his defeated army once again.

 

The girl was right. Even if he managed to survive this ordeal, he would be hunted down by Writers everywhere. It would be impossible for him to recover his might. There was only one thing left to do. The Madness Suzerain walked towards Wrath Chief and they looked at each other.

 

"My king! Please help me!" Wrath Chief pleaded as he tried to lift up his arms.

 

The tyrant bent down and patted his Right Hand's shoulder. "Rest. You've serve your purpose already. Just, rest."

 

Wrath Chief's eyes widened as he realized what was about to happen. He struggled helplessly as he tried to squirm away from the tyrant. However, the armored elder jerked his hand and grasped the Wrath Chief by his neck. With a solid wrench, the Madness Suzerain broke his neck.

 

The elderly man looked over at the Writers, smiling at their shocked expressions. "I may be mad...but I rather die by my own hands than at the hands of you Writers!"

 

With that word, he plunged his hand into his chest and dug his bloody heart out. He held the beating heart in front of him and with a fierce smile, crushed it into a bloody pulp. The Madness Suzerain collapsed onto the ground. His life seeping out of him.

 

The Writers approached the body, unsure of what had happened. Could it have been a trick? Could it be that the heart wasn't a real heart and the Madness Suzerain wasn't really dead? Rose knelt down and checked the body's pulse. No heartbeat. No heart either. The Madness Suzerain was truly dead.

 

She turned around and said. "As expected of the Madness Suzerain. Even his end was truly madness."

 

As Rose began to stand up, a hand suddenly emerged from her chest. She looked down at the bloody hand and spurted out a mouthful of blood.

 

She slowly turned around in disbelief. She along with the other Writers could not believe their eyes. The Madness Suzerain was staring straight at Rose, his hand piercing through the young girl's body.

 

"At least, I can take one of you with me." That was the last words of the Madness Suzerain.

 

Rose fell from the tyrant's arm and collapsed into the arms of Eden, who rushed in to support her. Rose lifted her hand to Eden's face. She murmured something unintelligible. Her hand drooped down and she breathed her last. Rose had perished.

 

Eden cried and cried. Everyone cried as well. Zero, however, did not cry. He knelt beside Eden and whispered something to him. Whatever words Zero said shocked Eden. He looked at Zero meaningfully and Zero nodded.

 

Eden carried Rose's body and asked Poet to bury her. Poet nodded and started singing an underscore poem as she placed Rose's body on the ground outside.

 

"You dig, we dig, they dig, I dig...."

 

In the meantime, Eden had the other bodies placed side by side with each other. He activated the Garden of Eden and entered with Zero. In the interdimensional space, Zero began using his other ability.

 

Zero's full codename was Zero300. The 300 came from the fact that Zero can add 300 seconds of life into any dead body. This was Creativity-consuming, but with the Garden of Eden, Zero can recover his lost Creativity in a matter of seconds.

 

And that's what he did. Each dead body, injected with 300 seconds of life, became fully recovered with the help of the effects of the Garden of Eden. Zero then approached Queen and held his hand above Queen's head.

 

With a few words, Queen's Creativity Core was restored. Zero had proclaimed that Queen's Creativity-less life had reached zero. After an hour, everyone who resurrected fully recovered. When Eden revealed it to the others outside of the Garden, everyone cheered.

 

However, Kirstie asked Eden why he didn't do the same for Rose. Eden's response was that according to Zero, Rose had another ability - an ability that could potentially resurrect her and evolve her into a stronger Writer. All they had to do was wait.

 

Zero walked over to Hope and nudged her. "Thanks for your help."

 

"You knew?" Hope gave a mysterious smile.

 

"Yea, your ability to give us everlasting hope has pulled through. It's all thanks to you that we are alive. Even if they don't realize it, you at least have my thanks."

 

"Haha, no problem. As long as they are well, then I am happy."

 

"True, true."

 

"So, now that we have our happy ending, I guess we can all go back to our lives now. It's finally over." Nanner nodded with happiness.

 

"Yea, you're right. So, what should we do now?" Eden asked his friends.

 

Kirstie suddenly chirped in. "How about a RP?"

 

"Haha."

1