Chapter 9: Not much to do…
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a few days since the alien vessel entered high orbit of Earth, people were now starting to actually believe that the aliens weren’t going to kill them now, which was great for all parties involved but the silence brings about new problems as people will theorize, create rumors and conspiracies.

Articles interviewing people who claimed to have been abducted by the aliens themselves, mostly folks who just want a clout of media attention in their lives. Others are insinuating riots seeing this as a perfect opportunity to loot or commit crimes that they normally wouldn’t be able to do.

Some countries like Switzerland are using the time to increase military budgets and preparing themselves for an orbital assault by the aliens. Some politicians were even using this to insinuate anti xeno sentiment among the populace of various nations which is getting ridiculously popular.

There were those who believed the end of humanity was nearing, there were those who believe the golden times were coming and then there were those on the internet milking the situation for as much internet fame as they can possibly get before the inevitable invasion or integration or whatever.

There was also the top brass of the governments who managed to communicate with the aliens whom were concerned by their motives whatever they may be, linguists trying to understand the alien’s language, scientists analyzing readings produces by various activities, engineers analyzing the now quite clear ship for inspiration of what they might do if all goes well or not and so on, so forth.

Despite all of this, life was returning back to normal or at least as normal as can be with an unknown alien spaceship orbiting the planet. People were going back to work schools were reopening and martial law was dissolving across the world as they realized no immediate threat was going to occur just yet.

And with the threat of an imminent alien invasion seemingly over, many were going back to their routines of making memes and other questionable things on the internet this time with a focus on the extraterrestrial because of course the alien visitors cannot hope to crack humanity’s internet at all.

Then there was Ellie whom were reading over all of this in news articles in the internet as she stayed in her Antarctic research station with her 2 friends. Supposedly they were here to study penguins and the geography of the place but the sudden appearance threw everything off.

“So how is everything going at your end?” She asked as she turned towards Matt “Fine by me, I’m just mostly interested in their ship design, been analyzing everything for the past 3 days and then some” Came the answer ‘Matt’s always a nut for the geography and engineering stuff’ She figured as she turns.

Phil sighed as he realized he was next “Nothing on their biology still, the pictures are still as blurry as ever or way too far away with little to no way of zooming in… yet” He answered before the question was even asked ‘And Phil’s still the lovable grumpy biologist’ Ellie chuckled as she turned to her project.

They were supposed to go and study penguins and such but with all the talks about aliens and them technically being researchers, it was agreed that trying to study the visiting aliens would be a good bit more interesting then studying penguins or doing absolutely nothing all day long.

So, there she was, with her headphones on as she listens to leaked audio of the alien transmission. It sounded, accurately alien as it resembles utterly no language she has ever heard before, it sounded like gibberish to her ears and it feels like whenever she was getting close to translated the strange vocals, it seems to just slip her mind as she sighed “Still nothing on my part” She admitted to her co-workers.

“It’s the unfortunate truth Ellie, the aliens are aliens and there’s no guarantee that they will communicate in the same way as we do though thankfully, they have a similar yet distinctly different way of… talking” Phil shook his head as he assured her as she bemoaned.

“It’s like, there’s no rhyme or connections between the sounds and it cuts out at so many points that I’m starting to doubt my hearing now” She explained as she slithered down to the floor “It’s okay, I’m sure you’ll find something of note then you can err… tell the world” Matt tried to assure her.

Ellie chuckled as she pulled herself up “Thanks Matt but I’m quite certain an actual linguist has discovered how that language works already, I’m not special or anything but I can damn well try” She perked up as she put the headset back on gently “I’m sure I’m getting close to cracking it” Added Ellie.

“I’m sure you’ll figure something out, the aliens probably have no idea how to translate our language either” Phil added his point though she was too focus re-examining the transmission to pay attention ‘I do hope the aliens translate our languages, would be fun at the eventual parlay’ She enthusiastically thought as she listened in continuously trying to make heads about the weird alien language.

 

‘Okay how in the fuck does the alien language work?’ Fallkschrimm mentally sang to himself as he threw his ear receptor onto the ground in frustration “Fallkschrimm, what is wrong brother?” Lorrisskr sang as he looked at her who seem worried about his current condition.

He let out a low hiss as he sang “This one is fine, what is not is the fucking stupid alien language here, sure this one isn’t a linguist but may the Glow cover me this language is cursed and blasphemous!” His sister was placating him as he calmed down “Why do you say so?” She sung a question in return.

“It will be quicker if you just listen to it, connect your ear receptor to the instrument and this one will play you one of their transmissions” He sang as she just splayed her ears and antenna out for a moment before doing as he sang “If this one manages to decipher the songs, you may want to re-compose your dream profession” She sang before listening into the transmission as he watched closely.

At first she seems confident as she listens, then her feathers start to darken, the crest feathers started to fall, everything started to fall as she looked at him with a mixture of extreme confusion and “What the fuck is this?” Levels of revulsion as she slowly disconnected herself to the instrument.

“What the fuck was that?” She sang in question as she seemed to struggle to compose of the lyrics for the song “That was the alien language this one was in the process of trying to decipher my dear sister… it is very fucking confusing isn’t it?” His crown feathers brightened as he leaned in and sang.

He was pushed back by a nudge from her snout to his chest “Of course it is, there’s no rhythm, none of the lyrics seem to connect to each other, it sounded so strange, it sounds terrible and it’s like they just threw random sounds together to make up the lyrics to their singing!” She agreed with her own singing.

“Now that is a very good observation because it shows the exact problem we’re dealing with here, the natives of the planet below don’t seem to communicate through any form of higher communication but by simple animalistic sounds and calls” Fallkschrimm sang his explanation as he got a new ear receptor.

“Oh for the holy Glow… this one pity those below” Lorrisskr made a gesture with her wing claws as she casted a silent prayer “Well yes that, this one highly doubt that we and the aliens can normally communicate with one another due to biological reason but this one digress” Fallkschrimm simply sung.

Lorrisskr seem to ponder her composition for a bit before nudging her brother with her tail “Hey what about the instruments?” She sang a question to which Fallkschrimm tilted his head in confusion “Sorry but what? The instruments don’t just magically translate alien languages” He sang back in frustration.

“No, this one wants to enlighten you to the musical instruments, the ones used by the songless or musicians” She clarified though her brother just repeated his last gesture “Okay, what about musical instruments? Are you suggesting the alien use those to communicate with us? That would be an interesting proposal” He composed for a bit before Lorrisskr nudged him out with her snout.

She let out a low hiss as he stared at her “This one is enlightening that the sounds that come from the transmission, we can replicate those onto musical instruments and communicate with the aliens by doing it like that, it would save time if we can understand their language” She sang her inspiration.

“That is genius! Why didn’t this one thought about that, this must be taken up with the other Archivists” And with that Fallkshrimm rushed out of the room leaving Lorrisskr there alone ‘Of course he runs off blindly chasing the light at the end of the tunnel, he’s always like that’ She let out a short trilling as she connected her ear receptor back to the transmission she listened to earlier.

“(Greetings, we are the humans and we welcome you fine extraterrestrial folks into our solar system and perhaps onto our planet of Earth. We wish for a peaceful co-existence and further trade negotiation if possible and we implore you all to do the same)” The transmission went something like that.

‘Yup, it still sounds like total complete gibberish, this one wonders how the primitives can even get to such technological levels with such an archaic communication system, perhaps we need to educate them all to the ways of the holy Glow’ She thought as she let out a low hiss and exited the room too.

 

­

Phil let out a very exacerbated sigh as he looked up news on the internet of all places ‘Same old stuff, same old stuff… that’s new but not relevant, same old stuff, again, again AND AGAIN’ He thought as he read through the news articles and sites talking about the aliens.

Really, the aliens probably did more harm just floating in orbit and doing absolutely nothing for the past 5 days since their arrival. It was mind boggling how the reveal that extraterrestrial aliens existed became so anticlimactic as they turned out to do absolutely nothing at all but sit around causing panic.

However, Phil couldn’t care less about the aliens right now as now was the scheduled time for everyone to get into the chatroom and talk about the aliens for at least an hour or two when Matt and Ellie were doing other things and were therefore busy.

Fluffymoth14F2: Maybe the aliens are just nervous that they’ll do something to offend us all.

GaryGaryGaryGary: But they’re aliens you know we don’t know their thought process whatsoever.

RedEyeMad199: True dat

Fluffymoth14F2: Sure m8

JohnyredFUR2: I concur but still, it’s perplexing that they aren’t doing anything, just floating in space.

Mitchel1992: Never thought I see the day I agree with a furry.

JohnyredFUR2: What about a friend?

Mitchel1992: Aye, I can do that.

RedEyeMad199: LOL.

Fluffymoth14F2: :D

GaryGaryGaryGary: Lmao.

PhillisTheScienceMan: Okay of anything I did not expect that reference whatsoever.

AverageDiscModerator101: I did, as a moderator you have to expect the unexpected.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: This is a glorious day, the xenos filth are fooling around like a fish in a barrel, we shall strike them when the xenos are unprepared!

RedEyeMad199: YESSIR!

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Good guardsmen, you may well live to see the light of tomorrow.

PhillisTheScienceMan: Yeah, can we try not to piss off potentially world ending threats?

GaryGaryGaryGary: Yeah… I don’t want to die.

JohnyredFUR2: Me 2.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Very well, I shall withhold the empruh’s judgement for now.

RedEyeMad199: Thank g-the empruh, I don’t have to die in some trench buried in mud.

Mitchel1992: Well we’re lucky our grandparents or great grandparents did it in WW1 so we don’t.

Fluffymoth14F2: Yeah, we can always die from how cute fluffy moths are instead.

AverageDiscModerator101: GUYS! STOP FOR A SECOND!

JohnyredFUR2: Huh?

PhillisTheScienceMan: What is it?

RedEyeMad199: Bro wtf?

GaryGaryGaryGary: WTF?

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: This better be worth the stoppage.

Fluffymoth14F2: OWO?

Mitchel1992: Sure what up?

JohnyredFUR2: Fluffy, why did you do that?

Fluffymoth14F2: OWO! (I like the face)

AverageDiscModerator101: Go to your TVs, there’s breaking news about the aliens!

Phil got off immediately once his friend tipped him off on that and jumped right onto the couch, with a TV remote already in hand ‘Now what did they do for there to be breaking news again this time?’ He wondered as he flicked it on to find the reporter already starting the sentence.

“-I repeat we have confirmations that the government will be officially releasing another transmission from the aliens, this one said to have been transmitted in English just this moment actually… what do you mean its… WELL PLAY IT THEN!” The anchor shouted as the sounds of radio chatter started.

Phil held his breath as he watched “…Hello… peoples… of… Dirt?” And already it was abundantly clear to him that the aliens weren’t exactly fluent yet ‘Oh god this will be memed to death around the world’ He thought as he listened in “…We… Cum… On… Piece…ces…” The voice itself sounded strange as a mixture of inhuman high pitch screeching and a monotone robotic voice you see in robot uprising.

“This will definitely be memed to death” He reiterated his point out loud as he turned off the television and tried not to laugh ‘I honestly cannot tell whether this is a joke by some Russian hacker or an actual transmission by the aliens’ He thought as he went back and rejoined the chatroom on his computer.

PhillisTheScienceMan: So, did anyone else watched the news?

RedEyeMad199: Dawg, it was funny as shit.

GaryGaryGaryGary: WTF was that? It looks fake as fuck

Fluffymoth14F2: Yeah I did owo.

JohnyredFUR2: Fluffy, why are you still doing that? But yeah I watched it.

AverageDiscModerator101: I cannot believe they misspelled come for cum of all things.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: It is wonderful news that the xenos filth will never taint the glorious languages of mankind with their filthy tongues.

PhillisTheScienceMan: who to say they even have tongues, from how it sounds I bet that they’re using a device to make the sounds rather than speaking it themselves.

Fluffymoth14F2: I can hear that, the previous transmissions and this one sounds distinctly different.

Mitchel1992: Oh god no, the sub is going to be filled with memes about cum, F’s in chat and femboys now, damn you aliens!

Fluffymoth14F2: Wha???

JohnyredFUR2: What?

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: What is this talk citizen? Are you speaking of heresy!?

PhillisTheScienceMan: Okay can someone tell me what in the hell he’s roleplaying about?

Mitchel1992: What? Oh nothing, just that the blueberries up north may count this as a culture victory.

JohnyredFUR2: NOO!!! Another soul lost to the sickness that is roleplay!

RedEyeMad199: Yo I thought furries like roleplay.

GaryGaryGaryGary: No see, they like sexual roleplay, the regular kinds just cock blocks them.

Fluffymoth14F2: Get out of here Gary.

JohnyredFUR2: Hey! That's like saying that I'm a toaster if I like scifi.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: heresy.

Mitchel1992: Guys it’s not roleplay…

Mitchel1992: But seriously Gary, WTF?

RedEyeMad199: Bro I think you need to see a doctor.

PhillisTheScienceMan: I need a break from the internet right about now. God? an alien invasion please?

AverageDiscModerator101: Yeah that would be good, we all need to take a break so may I have what he’s having?

0