Chapter 13: Finally… Contact
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Phil steeled himself as he threw the mug away now that the aliens have managed to open their door ‘Here we go Phil, the fate of humanity now rests upon your shoulders’ He thought as they were a hundred or so meters out from each other and the first aliens start to exit from their ship into the landscape with a light cold fog covering the area, there were 3 shapes but not much detail.

‘Of course, their landing is going to kick up fog so that we can’t see them until we get closer’ He sighed as he shook his head before gesturing to his fellow friends to get closer with him as they looked at him in a bit of confusion “If we come to them as they come to us than that may show them that we’re as willing to meet them then vice versa” He quietly muttered an explanation as they nodded, one nervously, the other excitedly.

With a deep breath he took a step and found his friends following in his footsteps ‘Of course I’m going to be the leader here’ He figured as he clenched his teeth and watched the figures in the distance as they got closer ‘Well they’re definitely bipedal’ He verified as he got closer, his pace rhythmic.

He walked, they walked and soon enough they would get close enough to fully identify the other though Phil was quite sure that the aliens already know what humans look like, they weren’t exactly secretive with their media and all ‘Is that a tail, okay so they are bipedal and remain their balance with a tail… I’d expected them to be stranger looking but still, familiarity is good and wait a fucking second’

He suddenly stopped to rub his eyes as he blinked some, the light fog was clearing ‘…No fucking way… seriously god or whatever higher being is up there? Are you kidding me?’ He thought as he squinted his eyes to get a better look at the lead alien but their forms didn’t really change much at all as he groaned.

Shaking his head, he knew exactly what this meant ‘The damn furry was right! And now I have to convert to some religion as promised’ He silently cursed himself as he could hear Ellie’s squeal of delight and see Matt’s shocked and worried look at him like he’s some future sight oracles.

The aliens were bipedal which was already stated along with their tail which appear to be long, whip like and prehensile at a glance. They also appear to have a pair of arms with wings taped onto it or perhaps the better term is a pair of wings with hands coming out with what looks to be 3 digits of mostly claws.

They also possess a head which looks distinctly reptilian in nature but also a bit mammalian like some weird mix between the 2. Their head has 2 eyes though he can’t see them clearly, 2 ears large and bat like in shape and size and a pair of what looks to be bug like antenna from their forehead which was odd but nothing that is inherently unexpected at all which was strange as he expected beings that would challenge the greatest biologists on Earth herself.

Their bodies seem to be covered in some form of feathery plumage which is further amplified by the fact that they’re mostly unprotected from the elements though they do appear to possess a form of clothing but one that looks like it could be made on Earth if given the material and design.

The legs were digitigrade and their form seem a bit hunched forward but their stance is similar to that of a human and worryingly so as they look like something straight out of a fucking reference sheet that an artist made for a client who wants to be fluffier in the net than their normal life.

Phil rubbed his eyes again as he reviewed the features again and they were all the same though he did notice that the one on the right facing Matt was dressed more like a soldier type complete with what looks to be a futuristic firearm of some sort in hand which was of course worrying.

He sighed as he shook his head ‘Of course it’s fucking fluffy space raptors, of fucking course it’s going to be fluffy space raptors’ He groaned as he couldn’t deny it no longer as he looked at the lead specimen as they silently just approached each other ‘Worse of all, they’re fucking cute’ He sighed at that thought.

 

Sylksskra blinked as she could fully view the aliens that she was dealing with ‘May the Glow bless this one in her mission but by the Glow they are cute’ She thought as she examined the features of the leading member of the alien party as both parties stopped at virtually the same time.

They appear to stand completely up right bipedally with two legs neither of which are digitigrade and they don’t even need any tails to achieve this whatsoever ‘Weird, this one assumed that one would need a tail to stand on two limbs’ She composed as she further studied the aliens.

They all looked different in a way with the one on the left having blackened skin, the one in the middle having whitish skin and the last one on the right looks to be smaller but also with a different body structure from the other two ‘Sexual dimorphism would be this one’s theory, this one would want to be enlightened to how it works for their kind, mayhaps it be similar, mayhaps it be truly alien’ She thought.

Whatever the form, they all appear to have heads that lack a snout of any kind at all with smaller eye and a weird outward protrusion in the middle of their head between the eyes and mouth. Their necks are way too short to have breathing holes and their ears seem round and squat.

They have arms of course similar to her own but they appear to end in 5 digits rather than 3 and they completely lack wings of their own though it may just well be that they trimmed them off for convenience for certain profession like her sister Lorisskr though she isn’t too sure.

What Sylksskra is sure about is the fact that they appear to entirely lack feathers on their body except for the seeming crown or crest feathers on the top of their heads and around their tiny maws and the fact that many of these features make them look simply adorable in her eyes.

‘That tiny little snout, the roundness of the face, the little crest or crown feathers and the way they walk and all make them look so cute’ She thought as she heard chatter in her ear receptor “Careful, this one sees the one on the left have a hidden weapon” She heard Lorriskr quietly sang over her antenna mic.

Another bit of chatter occurred “Well you’re the one who brought full security gear and an actual firearm with you in a diplomatic parley” Fallkschrimm reminded her in song “You don’t have the right to complain that the aliens carry concealed casters or whatever weapons they possess of their own”

“Fair point but safety is the number one priority” Lorisskr sang to remind him “That is true but this one can enlighten that the aliens appeared to be more afraid of us then we are of them by account of the riots and such” Sylksskra sang to remind them both as she agreed with the sentiment.

‘But we won’t get anywhere at all if all we do is keep staring at each other’ She composed as she gestured to the others and they started to move forward with her and the aliens seem to have the same sentiment and started moving coinciding with them as they soon neared each other in a wing’s reach.

Sylksskra turned as she gestured to Fallkschrimm “Right, give this one a second to start up the instrument” He sang as he hoisted the instruments slung on him and started typing in the lyrics as it soon sang in one of the more common song languages of the aliens.

“Salutations, we cum in piece” The instrument sang out the weird incomprehensible language in a robotic tone as Sylksskra cringed her ears ‘Yeah, this one will never get used to that at all and it appears to be a bit loud’ She composed as she let out a low hiss and awaited the alien’s response.

They seem to look at each other for a moment before the one in the middle seem to move their head up and down in a weird gesture “Ya, we see that and… we salutation you in backwards” The alien sang to her as she tilted her head in confusion ‘Yeah that makes no sense at all, hopefully this one can get better accustomed to the alien language in the future’ She composed her decision as she sang back.

“Yes, we hope to build a prosperous relationship between our two species and this one hope that you mayhaps wish that in turn” Sang Sylksskra as she turned to Fallkschrimm who proceeded to type that all into the instruments causing it to sang back a translation in the alien language.

“Ya, we hop to construct a prosper relations across our too kinds as this one does hop that you mayhaps wish that in return” It sang back as the aliens turned to look at each other and started singing to each other in hushed tones ‘Makes sense, they probably were relieved to hear the confirmation that we aren’t galactic conquerors or genociders or whatnot, this one would’ Sylksskra playfully trilled at that.

The lead alien did the same head moving thing, probably a gesture of some sort as they started singing “Erm look, we no idea why you cum here, is you here to some reason?” It asked in song as it seem to scratch the back of its head ‘Finally something this one understood for sure’ She thought in kind.

The gesture that is, the question on the other kind “Let this one be sharp with one such as yourself, we came here in order to survey the system and to decipher some weird signals we picked up though we did not expect to meet ones such as yourself here” She sang some lies but mostly the truth as she stared at the alien.

“This one shall be sharp with you, we cum in to survey and explore signals picked up but did not expect to meet ones such as yourself here” Came the translation from the instrument as the aliens were looking at each other weirdly before the middle one cleared their throat.

“Affirmative, w-” It was then that the one on the right walked forward towards Fallkschrimm and before anyone can actually react to it patted him on the head “…ELLIE WHAT A FUCK?!?!” The middle one loudly screamed but nobody moved or did anything at all in the confusion as the two sides just stared.

Fallkschrimm was the first to actually act “Hello? What does this one do now?” He sang in panic as he tried not to move at all “This one doesn’t know how did they even figure out our traditional greeting!?” Loriskkr asked as she seem to be contemplating on what she should be doing as Sylksskra deeply breathed in and failed to control her inner turmoil so she had to fake it till it breaks.

“We’ll just have to play with it, maybe they have the same greeting gesture so it’s only right to return it” Sylksskra nervously decided as she walked forward and patted the one in the middle before it could react finding that they seem to average in a height taller than the females of her kind which was fine.

‘Their crest or crown feathers are so soft’ She composed as she continuously patted the one in front of her ‘This is how they do greeting this one would hope, if not then this might be a bit weird’ She figured as she put her wing down and watched as the alien in front of her seem to be staring at her in an expression that mayhaps be good or mayhaps be not as only time can tell as everything fell silent.

 

­

Phil took a deep breath in as he looked at the alien in front of him ‘I think we convinced them that we greet by patting ourselves in the head… hope that doesn’t bite us in the ass later’ He thought as he just blankly stared at it before clearing his throat with a cough.

“Can we… get back to the meeting?” He asked as it seem to tilt its head before backing away for a bit “Ellie, stop petting the th-al-person, they’re not a pet” Phil screamed into her ears as he went over to get her back “But it’s so cute” she silently muttered as he had to physically pull her off of the thing.

He breathed a sigh of relief as they seem to not take this as an offense which was good because he didn’t want to know what kinds of weapons the one on the right whom was now glaring at him and Ellie was packing ‘At least now we can get back to something resembling diplomacy’ He thought at that.

The aliens seem to start to talk to him and in all honestly, their language sounds strange, almost like singing and it sounds weirdly beautiful if not for the weird cuts here and there ‘They probably can speak in a frequency higher or lower than what we can hear, makes sense’ He thought as he shrugged.

“Something, something about weird this and predicting that or coincidence… I still don’t really get their language at all” Ellie admitted as she tried translating it “Well that’s just dandy, maybe they’re deciding on how to kill us all” Matt came in as Phil sighed at that “Look just let me do the talking and try not to pet or hug or kiss or do anything against the weird extraterrestrials please?” He got a couple of nods.

“Good, now I think they’re coming back so scramble please” He announced quietly as the lead alien seem to come back up “I err, apologies for that, my friend won’t do it again” He promised as he turned to glare at Ellie who was averting against his gaze though obviously failing to do so.

The lead alien let out a weird warbling as it looked at him and them said something in their weird language to which the one to the left translated back to human speech “No worry, it is not bad, we do so as long, it is nature” The translation machine sang out in a robotic, monotone, barely-audible voice.

‘I’d never thought the day I’d wish to see Sari here, oh well it’s not like the aliens have their own media or anything’ He thought as he shook his head “Your technology is really advanced and really nice” He complimented them though he did actually mean it ‘Their technology is definitely pretty advanced though, that’s something they have that can’t be denied’ He thought as the lead alien tilted their head.

It warbled and the machine translated “You technology is not so wrong two, this one think so personal and there be no issue for you folks to get better as well” The lead alien seem to reassure them ‘Well at least they’re nice about the whole thing and don’t seem aggressive so I think we can drop the potential alien invasion by now’ He thought as he just nodded along as he listens to it talking.

“What is?” The machine translated a question “What is what?” He asked as the alien seem to think about it for a bit before it tilted its head down and up again “This” came the response from the translation “It’s just nodding, an expression to signify agreement” He answered as he shrugged.

“This one saw… no do not transmit, no not bad, what is… that just currently?” It asked after a couple of translation problems “I just shrug, it signifies I dunno, sureness? Indifference?” Pretty much everyone was just silently watching this unfold as Phil and the lead alien seem to exchange gestures.

“You know what, what’s your version of a shrug, something that shows indifference or a curt okay?” He asked in a huff as he saw Matt stare at him horrified from the corner of his eyes as he watched the alien at front moved its ear and antenna to the side in unison for a bit before it went back “That” It answered.

It seems like it was going to continue but then the alien to the right, the armored one started to say something to the others as they looked up to the left ‘To the le-OH COME ON, the blizzard only just ended!’ He sighed as he shook his head at the sight of the black clouds moving towards them.

He then had a sudden thought “Hey, that is going to signify a coming storm, do you want to come to our little research station? It has wifi, television and everything required for human residence, you guys can sleep in the living roon” Phil suggested as Ellie beamed whilst Matt just looked stunned.

The lead’s alien ears seem to perk up and the feathers on its head rose and actually changed color, something he did not know it could do “We shall take you up on this occasion” The translation machine finally managed a good fully structured sentence for once as the alien up front actually nodded though it did so unnaturally.

“Well come on then, we don’t have all day here and let’s get inside before we’re swept by the storm” Invited Phil as he saw the aliens turned to each other, said a few things in their weird language and soon he was leading double his charge back to the quaint little research station in the middle of Antarctica.

‘Good job Phillis, promoted from penguin researcher into alien ambassador, this is the exact course you wanted to achieve when you made the mistake of going into biology’ He thought as he just smiled as he walked back, blizzard biting away at their heels or toe claws for their new alien friends as they shut the door in its face.

1