Chapter 46: The apple certainly fell…
422 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

As of now, Midas is officially on hiatus at chapter 70 on the patreon; I'll at least post for a couple more weeks on here though.

Anyways, enjoy~♥

 

It didn’t take too long for Midas to arrive back at her oasis.

Those 6 wings weren’t just for show after all; arriving before a full day had even passed was no small feat yet a casual task for the primordial serpent ancestor. This did mean that the sun had set before she got to see that giant golden obelisk once more as it pierced through the clouds it generated above. Overall things could only be said to be going very well since she last had left.

The little ferns had grown into mighty trees in various stages of growth with those nearest the centre being the largest. That wasn’t to say that the tree’s were the only vegetation around as the turquoise grass had already grown out with various herbs and flowers littered around in the lively oasis. Midas could even sense more life present within the oasis in the form of various critters that wandered between the trees with birds pitched upon the branches.

A form of every creature from the desert was present in some form in the oasis such as canines, arachnids, scavenger birds and far more. Although most of these creatures were simply babies left by their parents within safety after a few decades it seemed likely they would evolve on their own to best adapt to their new and certainly unique environment. There wasn’t another place like this in the {Gold Dust Desert} - at least the only place so far since they hadn’t developed enough to begin that project yet.

As Midas approached her nest she began to spot some lights around the place, nothing intense like the flame of an explosion though. Nonetheless it was certainly strange to see some lights located about the oasis so it certainly gained her attention. In fact, if it was what she was thinking about, this meant her little princess had managed to achieve some great achievements with the time she had been given.

<Seems like my little Ulwazi may be an overachiever in the best possible fashion considering I only wanted to give her the ability to generate power. Yet, here she is, not only possibly managing to make a device to generate it but perhaps also fashioning simple methods on how to make use of it… Though if she’s just made some lights I’ll have to punish her since they’re basically worthless for our people.>

With such happy thoughts (which would likely bring a smile to her face if her serpent form had the ability) she decided to lower herself down to the periphery of the forest. Arriving she exploded with golden light to return to her human form - doing this in order to inspect the forest as she walked through. Something she couldn’t do when she was big enough to flatten any of the tree’s by just brushing past them by accident.

Walking through the forest allowed the sultry smiling serpent to admire the progress of her own home which certainly approved a lot. This could simply be observed by anyone without the need for any cultivation since the air itself was nice and humid making the area just feel healthier just by stepping into the powerful barrier surrounding this area. Overall if one was born and raised within this oasis they would likely never even know they were living in the middle of the most arid desert in the {Mortal Realms}.

<I should perhaps give a look into these barriers to see if I need to do any repairs or spot any improvements I could make… Doubtful I would make any mistakes that would allow for improvements however since I am me. Perhaps I could use this chance to add some more functions based on my finds about these mortals; like a place they can pick on some orphan children to feel good about themselves ohohoho~!>

Creatures in the unofficial 0-stage (qi-sensing) could feel an even greater improvement than the humid air due to the rich amount of qi within the air itself. Richer qi also meant richer growth within the plants which in term led to even  richer qi - this meant both higher purity as well as density of the qi. Of course, normally it took a great amount of time to get a noticeable improvement when growing plants from seed.

This led to people usually planting already grown 100+ year spirit plants around their sects in order to improve the surrounding qi into one more preferable for cultivating. Other than that they may include other treasures to increase certain variants qi if, for example, a sect's cultivation would benefit more from fire-qi. Of course all sorts of treasures existed which generated many different forms of qi beyond that of heaven & earth (though depending on quality it may actually generate more impurities).

Nevertheless that was the case in normal circumstances. For Midas basically none of that mattered since she, as well as her kin, could generate treasures all on their own through many different methods including simply performing a simple qi transformation technique. Even before the introduction of the plants the quality of the qi in the oasis was likely far higher quality than that of any other location in this desert except the famous {Gold Dust Desert Imperial Phoenix Academy} located upon the outskirts.

That is something Midas is unsure of though since she’s never personally visited the academy while it was also on the {Outerrim} which has far lesser levels of qi. Although the oasis in contrast was located in an area with the highest concentration it was also newer with less foundation to build off. Then again, even if that academy was higher, that didn’t change the fact that the recently planted plants were growing at a rapid pace.

With that rapid growth of the plants there was also the rapid growth in the qi of heaven & earth generated from the natural flora. On top of that the qi produced from the treasures formed by the [Golden Eulogy Amphiptere] actually helped to purify any impurities in the qi produced by the flora as well as any impurities located inside in general. Though it wasn’t at as fast a pace as what a one night stride could.

<One day I’m sure that no place will be able to be compared to my oasis~!>

Soon enough she arrived upon the beach bordering the rich oasis within the centre with the mighty golden obelisk.

There were certainly some changes here as well however from what Midas could see this was more due to testing than implementation. Various different designs for devices to provide light sat around ranging from a standard lamp post to a micro drone swarm which had a light upon the bottom while the whizzing of blades made them… Unpromising for usage at night.

Despite this Midas didn’t frown but instead that that sultry smile grew on her face as she crossed her arms around her waist. Slowly walking around the various electronics while walking towards a metal work table which had on top of it a triangular prism that had a silverish base with blue curled rim. The front face had a golden glowing core while the butt would have a metallic contact spot - this prism came in multiple sizes with the smallest being essentially flat with the width of Midas’ pinky.

“Hm~ quite impresssive that sshe hass come this far with battery technology. It entreatss the quesstion of how much energy thesse can hold ass well ass the ever pressent problem of heat generation and ressisstance. I ssuppose the lightss are actually to tesst the durability of thesse batteriess sso I ssupposse I have apologiess to give that girl for underesstimating her yet I can’t get angry about being wrong for once shashasha~!” <Midas>

It was about the time when she was admiring the different generations of Ulwazi’s batteries that the little serpent in question burst out the water.

Saying she was ‘little’ at this point would be a lie as she could already fully swallow a man hole yet compared to the gigantic Midas she was obviously a baby. Still she didn’t stay in that form for long as soon she too began to glow midair before shrinking into a little plump variant of the pharaoh of passion herself. When she was about to land after transforming she… Didn’t exactly nail the landing as she tripped upon landing resulting in a mouth full of sand.

Seeing her daughter act like this Midas’ smile froze while her brow twitched - her right hand slowly coming up to massage her temple as the girl scurried up. Despite quickly recovering it didn’t change the fact her face was still covered in sand. All the while she coughed up more sand resulting in a plume of sand which was then blown back into her eyes evolving into her falling on her butt flailing.

“I ssupposse I will take back all the praisse I wass developing for you within my mind…” <Midas>

“Ma-*cough* ma~!” <Ulwazi>

Even with tears running down the girls face Midas merely shook her head with a sigh while walking into the water basin where the water seemed to avoid her.

<I’ll talk to her when I get past my disappointment…>

11