Chapter 47: Innovation
431 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

LO~RE~!

Anyway, thanks~♥

 

The scaled-down princess was kneeling on the side of the laboratory floor with a sad pout on her face as she spent her time watching the bigger variant of her at work.

Of course, it was Ulwazi watching Midas after having welcomed her mother in a… Less than eloquent way causing her to receive nothing yet silence since the empress of all serpents had arrived at the oasis. Considering only the two of them were the only living things in this, the only thing to fill the awkward silence between the two was the roaring flame & boiling/bubbling of water as she practiced her concoctions.

Though it did leave Ulwazi a tad confused that her mom didn’t seem to have any intention to produce a pill or potion with the alchemic skills. Since she wasn’t paying much attention she couldn’t tell how many ingredients Midas had gone through; if she didn’t know any better she would think that her mother was actually failing in producing a pill. While she wanted to ask what her mother was doing she didn’t want to make her mother have more reservations about her decision to recognise her as the heir of Ankh.

As they were powerful beasts able to read most peoples surface thoughts she was able to hear exactly how proud her mother was of her originally - that was until she fucked it up. She wanted so badly to go back in time yet, unfortunately, she wasn’t the owner of the [Cronos Tribulation] so that was impossible to do. It wasn’t even as if it was her fault she fell over!

Sand makes for very unstable footing so it was only normal for her to lose her balance!

Unfortunately for Ulwazi - who was rapt watching Midas’ back - such an excuse didn’t work on Midas even if her hands never stopped moving ingredients about the oven.

“If you are thinning of blaming the ssand then I want to remind you that all martial artss begin with footwork sso you not being able to run on mere ssand sshowss you’ve been sslacking in the training I requessted of you.” <Midas>

“Ugh… But martial artss are pointlesss in front of an ssub-light rail gun!” <Ulwazi>

Midas, who was standing at a desk with an alchemical furnace in front of her, clicked her tongue before flicking her left hand. With that the golden flame from under the furnace exploded out to form a complete sphere just in time as the contents inside exploded into a black mist. Lifting her right hand up she slowly clenched causing the golden flames to swirl while quickly shrinking.

In a matter of seconds her mistakes had been reduced to a golden marble of quite an impressive size due to the high quality ingredients Midas wasted. Once more her left hand danced around to manipulate the ‘liquid’ gold (it only seemed liquid due to how fluidly she could control it) to flatten it out. A few seconds later and yet another golden note was sitting on her left palm which she promptly stuffed between her bosom as if she was a late night stripper.

After she was finished with all that she slowly turned towards Ulwazi with an usual frown on her face was the always smiling serpent.

“Trusst me when I ssay that you may not even have been born if martial artss were worth that little in the grand sscheme of thingss-” <Midas>

“Even then there hass to be a limit to what it can accomplissh when compared to if I put my time towardss my own purssuitss?” <Ulwazi>

Slowly shaking her head Midas let out a sigh while turning back to her work.

“You have no idea where the heightss of martial artss lay ass a mere hatchling.” <Midas>

“Then issn’t it my duty to discover ways to overcome the hurdle in your life that is martial artss ass your one and only desscendent thuss ssuccesssor of your will!” <Ulwazi>

Hearing her girl yell at her back - an action she would never have expected nor has ever expected - made Midas freeze for a moment. For a solid moment the always thinking snake stopped thinning while something felt ‘familiar’ about this moment. Before she even realised it her eyes closed as she found herself in a time long ago.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Watcha doin’ slippery~?” <Lilac Haired Girl>

“Huh?” <Tyrant>

An andrognus bipedal serpent turned to look towards the girl in question causing an explosion of flames black gunk to explode on both. The five foot girl in question had wavy lilac hair that came to her shoulders with a tricorn hat upon her head and three sheathed blades upon her waist while a warm smile was present on her face. Strangest point was that her eyes were like looking into a pink bottomless sea that came with just as much pressure as such an ocean would put upon one.

Without a moment of hesitation the serpent quickly dived towards her while using its own body to protect her…

Well at least it tried yet the child was a dragon so it kind of just resulted in the serpent hugging the girl while receiving a back full of impurities. Luckily the girl the serpent tried to dive on was safe yet still couldn’t help laughing as her elder who had just been injured despite their constant boasting about their genius. She wasn’t cruel though as she walked around to place a hand on the ‘slippery’s back as a green energy came out to quickly heal the wound.

“You need to be more careful Alice; you're the heir to everything the Mother has built so you can’t be playing around with your safety just for a prank…” <Tyrant>

“You worry too much about me, martial uncle, it’s just a little potion. I’m my fathers daughter and who doesn’t know the might that the great disaster Leviathan wields. Not to mention these ‘cultivation’ that Chesire has invented to take the fight to the dragons is also being taught to me along with some martial arts hohoho!” <Alice>

To that the serpent couldn’t help frown a little while turning around to look at the little dragon who still had that kind smile upon her face. For a solid moment that was all Tyrant could do since they had no real idea how exactly to say what was on their mind - yet they knew they needed to get across their point. Closing their eyes once more they let out a long sigh.

“While you don’t need to trust me, at least don’t forget my teachings; everyone has a goal and you need to understand what it is before you rely on them. This especially goes for that black cat as I can tell they aren’t interested in merely helping you and Arthur rule over the mortals as their true king and true god. I have never seen someone so afraid of being powerless though I suppose it makes sense - that fear will be dang-” <Tyrant>

“I know about that yet at the end of the day there is nothing we can do as it is without a doubt that Cheshire holds great influence. Perhaps if I wished to merely sit on my throne while creating life such as my mom I would do as you say… Yet I refuse to merely follow in her footsteps as {The Mother of Life}...” <Alice>

Hearing those words Tyrant couldn’t help freezing for a second before looking towards the little hatchling once more that suddenly seemed far taller. Turning around with that same warm smile still present on her face - though it seemed to hold far more power than before - while her arms crossed behind her back. An aura which could only be called that of an aura of an omniscient god of unlimited power poured out suppressing all under and above the heavens.

“I am not the {Primordial God of Life} even if I wished to be so I will never be good enough as a replacement and, as much as I love her, neither will I try. Instead I wish to surpass her for I am no mere goddess but the one and only {True God} who will one day stand above even the most ancient of the primordials. For I - from my external gills the deepest part of my soul - wield the power over the infinite and thus am unceasingly growing.

It only makes sense if I take on the duty to, instead of merely creating and sustaining life, instead make it thrive like it never has before… With some well placed safety measures put in place - for their own benefit of course. I can’t allow them to go around wiping themselves out foolishly because I let them make some fancy weapon they can’t control.” <Alice>

Looking at the back of the little girl, how could Tyrant not raise a brow yet at the same time couldn’t find it within themselves to admonish the girl. The main reason for that is because the primordial god seed knew fine well what she was saying made sense. Why would {The Primordial God of Infinite} try to do anything other than to grow the potential of others since it would not only allow themself grow stronger but even their followers as well.

“Sounds a lot like you hope to become a dictator.” <Tyrant>

Still a little teasing was the right of an elder.

“Perhaps I am yet I believe that this world is in need of a dictator as it can’t be argued that this would’ve all still happened if uncle Atlas did his job as I intend to. That is not to say I wish to be unchallenged in terms of power nor will I allow my own loyal followers to be without any challenges simply because they worship me. Absolute power will corrupt absolutely so if what that Cheshire hands down can truly eventually create a force that can challenge that of my own follow-” <Alice>

“She won’t challenge your followers but instead you, Arthur and Doji.” <Tyrant>

Despite that warning the girl just laughed once more while looking outside a window onto the scene of an oni man being followed behind by a little violet haired oni girl. The man didn’t hold back as he quickly strolled in front an army of sweaty oni men swinging their weapons causing the girl to fall behind before quickly speeding up to catch up to once more repeat it. What was maybe more cute was the fact she had a giant sword bigger than she was on her body which essentially gouged out the ground behind her…

It also showed off how impressive the girl's physical strength must be as she didn’t seem to be affected despite that. Reaching the middle of the army the man turned around to see the little girl that made him laugh boastfully in a way even Tyrant could hear - placing his hand on the little girl's head to roughly mess up her hair. The girl didn’t seem to care based on the bell-like laugh echoing through seemingly making the oni swing at twice the pace upon seeing their princess.

“You think a mere cat who can’t even achieve Immortality can destroy this?” <Alice>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Opening her eyes Midas opened her mouth for a second yet the only thing that came out was a squeak making her reach up to press on her throat. Remaining silent for a second longer to figure out why her voice failed her only to clear her throat before turning to look at the visibly confused Ulwazi. Being stared at by her mother would have certainly brought a cold sweat on her if she wasn’t a reptile.

“You should never underesstimate the lengthss a martial artisst can go to accomplissh their goalss my daughter ass it will only leave you vulnerable. The firsst thing you sshould do when you meet ssomeone is figure out their goalss. Only when you truly undersstand what they want can you undersstand the danger they repressent.“ <Midas>

“What hass that got to do with mart- Ah, ssorry, yess mother!” <Ulwazi>

Seeing her smart daughter actually let herself be off guard around her returned that sultry smile to her lips while her eyes narrowed. Noticing her mother wasn’t angry at her surprised Ulwazi yet wasn’t about to let down her guard so narrowed her eyes back. This sparked something inside Midas she hadn’t felt in all her time alive.

“Get over here already; I want to innovate on alchemy to produce an improvement on the pillss that have become popular throughout the world. We have time sso while we sshould plan ssome innovationss to jump sstart our market sshare on ssomething other than ssex appeal. I planned alchemy ssince I believe it would be the ssimplesst with my experience and low technological foundation of thiss dessert shashasha~.” <Midas>

“Yess~!” <Ulwazi>

Hearing the word ‘innovate’ was enough to bring a noticeable fire to the min-Midas’ eyes as she hurriedly rushed after her mothers back. This brought great joy to Midas as happily watched the girl chase her, an act which caused those breasts to bounce rather lustfully, without any seeming idea of her own appeal. That made the larger serpent reach between her breasts to pull out a pair of large circular glasses which she placed upon Ulwazi’s face.

“I got these for you because they should help with your appeal - when we get some time you can use these as a base to produce something more advanced perhaps.” <Midas>

Having the glasses placed on her face at first confused her as she looked at one of the many reflective surfaces to look at her new appearance. As one could expect she appeared exactly like her nerdy (and little chubby) variant of Midas which was essentially the truth. It didn’t help that the glasses’ frame were encrusted with gold while the ‘glass’ was actually a high quality crystal perfectly shaped via an expert.

“Thankss~!” <Ulwazi>

Midas didn’t pay any attention to the thanks and instead turned back to her work.

<I won’t fail where you all did or I’m not… Well I still have a lot to teach Ulwazi either way it would seem, I’ll have to make sure she’s not as dumb as her girl. That of course just being the minimum requirement for my heir!>

10