Chapter 53: A kiss on the nape a sign of flirtation
428 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

Hopefully set this on the right day; ended up accidentally setting up hero to release in april and demoness was up for a second.

Anyways, enjoy~♥

 

Now that everything had been decided it was time for the group carrying {Lord Aqua Liger} to head off to {Purple Cobra Sect} in order to hand over the bride.

The strong guards of Violet (even if she didn’t need any) easily lifted the palanquin up thus proving they indeed weren’t completely useless. A large amount of oni were of course among the legendary shadow guards named {Orchid} yet only 8 actually were used as carriers - two on either side & on either end. With how tall the oni men were; even if they just placed the holding bar upon their shoulders that was still over the head of many others.

Each of these intimidating men wore the purple-tinted black robe with their bare chests proudly displayed thus showing their rippling crimson muscles. While they slouched slightly to ease the ride for those inside each oni easily shadowed over a regular man, their crimson forehead based horns peeking out from their masks, leaving those on the streets forced to merely look up in awe at the palanquin. The roaring of the crowd (surprisingly enough) was loud enough to overshadow the vulgar sounds from the trio+ inside the transport.

Between these gigantic warriors were many other races dressed in a similar fashion who supported the beams from below; though that mostly meant having their hands over their heads to support it. Unlike the male oni who were often ranked by their height - Violet’s 10 foot monsters were fairly standard - the height of the other guards greatly varied. Their races also greatly varied from regular hero’s to pureblooded drakes.

With such an envoy it wasn’t surprising that those of the city were overwhelmed by excitement since most of the races included were so exotic they didn’t even know what they were. Ever since their lord had made a ‘certain agreement’ the quality of living had shot up from the hovel they were forced into, thus they didn’t really care why. For all they know their lord had made an agreement with the demon god empress and they would follow her loyally… Not knowing that was exactly what she had done.

Of course, they had no idea why their lord was going through with the wedding yet since she was they would of course celebrate. Fake petals were thrown from above to rain all over the street creating a scene that would have never been seen in the desert - a beautiful scene of a windy autumn breeze. The arrid nature of the wind didn’t change yet it seemed as if everything else had.

Under the joyus yells of the entire city (what was left unpunished of it); the envoy headed out into the desert to the most powerful sect within the {Central Cities} territory.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

At the very forefront of the marriage procession were Midas, Slate & Ashue who kept their eyes on the ever changing scene in front of them.

After leaving the city they first were met with an endless expanse of golden sand which they trudged across heroically without so much as looking back. Each grain of sand was like a blade of grass they needed to step through - all with a singular desire to unite them. The desire to bring the Lord to her husband to see his face.

Having crossed the expanse of golden sands they were met with a range of dunes which was the next challenge they had to face. Fortunately they were all strong enough, those who weren’t were currently whining in the palanquin under Violet’s ‘gentle touch’, so they were able to climb to dunes with vigour. Showing their resolution couldn’t be overcome with a little bit of sand.

Now they were in a bottomless ocean of golden grains; a truly difficult event which few could have the ability to survive. An unfortunate group lesser than them would no doubt fall as ever wisp of wind brought a wave of sand crashing down. This didn’t stop the delegation however as they waded through the sand without pause…

Yea it was just sand.

For days on end they had just been walking through sand.

It was so monotonous and boring beyond what the metally sound could manage.

With the envoy having been made up of people from the yakuza strong enough to keep up with the always ‘active’ Violet, they were all quite powerful. In fact each member of this delegation could easily destroy all the powers within the {Central Cities} by themselves - even Midas herself was included with this thanks to her poisons. It would be suicidal for any beasts to actually attack them and no doubt the beasts knew this.

Inside dangerous environments the beasts tended to have stronger instincts. Therefore it wasn’t surprising to Midas that none approached them, if they had any mortals from the desert among themselves they may tear their hair out. What was once considered dangerous was nothing short of walking in a straight line for this team.

It being so easy brought in another problem that three at the front were essentially left doing nothing ever since they left the city. Although they could certainly talk among themselves there were only so many words in the dictionary; a mortal would have been defeated by monotony at this point. Half way through Slate began randomly shooting off sword intent cutting through the sand dunes in the distance.

In truth the desert ‘ocean’ was previously full of dunes yet Slate couldn’t help herself resulting in flat lands forming instead.

The tortoise had gotten out a pair of knitting needles with purple wool which she began working on with a smile on her face. With the time they’d been walking Ashue had actually already completed enough sets of baby clothes to open up a store - then again with how a baby was most definitely coming for the wife-to-be perhaps this was just good preparations. It was unlikely the woman had planned this since this was just a hobby.

Midas in contrast to the other two had a paper in her left hand while holding a chalk pencil within her right, writing furiously after moments of hard thought. This wasn’t planning for new products to release as one may first believe - she had already done that on the first days - now she had begun completing a gigantic sudoku puzzle. Even if that contrasted the other two who delved into their physical hobbies it was very clear she too was just passing time.

<I believe a 4 should go there… Oh my what is this ohohoho~?>

Abruptly all three of the women looked up from their ‘work’ to unanimously gaze into the distance toward a certain point.

Noticing each of them had the same reaction, Slate & Midas turned to each other with curiosity within their eyes, neither bothering to gaze towards Ashue who was questionable at best. Both of them saw the glimmer in the others eyes yet there was a level of challenge. There was also a level of desperation inside their eyes as well.

“So you picked them up as well?” <Slate>

“I’m ssurprissed an oni like you, who only knowss brute force, were alsso able to locate thosse little inssectss ass well…” <Midas>

“They are rather silly standing around like that in a circle, hohoho~.” <Ashue>

It was only now that they seemed to even realise that Ashue had also noticed the same thing as them which resulted in both displaying a sheer look of shock. That didn’t stop either from ignoring the dumb reptile once again though; turning to look between themselves with a confident smile on their faces. Serpent's tongue flocking out before she spoke.

“You’ve gotten to tasste sso much bloodsshed ass an oni sso you sshould let thiss elder of yourss tesst hersself ssince it’ss been sso long ssince sshe’ss fought.” <Midas>

“I thought you detested face to face combat and saw it as your last method to solve problems with how you always act!” <Slate>

“Oh I do but who said I would play fair when I do need to fight shashasha~!” <Midas>

While laughing the snake lifted the back of her right palm to cover her mouth while tilting her head up to look down on the oni getting a miffed snort in response. Not wanting to watch the arrogant merchant, Slate turned away to look towards the distance once more, trying to see if she could spot the target of their dispute. Ashue meanwhile just got back to knitting without care.

“Well it looks like it- daughter of Mother she’s gone!” <Slate>

Turning back to the snake revealed… The slippery serpent had already vanished into thin air in the moment where the samurai had turned around; the oni stomped on the ground in frustration thus resulting in a pillar of sand erupting in a magnificent fashion. Still she had no choice but continued walking on while hoping the spectacle alone would be enough.

As they moved on without Midas a sandstorm began to kick up yet thankfully was nowhere as terrifying as the endless death storm she made previously.

Thankfully for the sanity of Slate a figure soon appeared within the whirling sands - a tall figure at easily over 6 foot tall. The figure had no fear as he walked forward with a soft crackling of mandibles as his appearance soon came to view. Adorned with a large sandy trench coat which seemed to have been through a lot although open at the front resulting in him showing off his dark black skin with rippling muscles.

Of course, the figure was no human with a large scorpion tail swaying menacingly with its stinger pointed towards the envoy  through a hole in the back. Other than his chest the rest of the [Spirit Beast] was actually hidden, wearing a pair of dusty loose fitting pants tied with a rugged rope, while his face was covered in gauze. The gauze in question appeared just as sandy as the rest of him while only showing off his eyes as well as mouth where two black mandibles would click together as he spoke menacingly.

“Looks like ya gat ya-self a real fancy palanquin there - mind if wa take it of ya?” <Scorpion>

“What, in the name of Mother, did you just fucking say?” <Slate>

Although little of his face was shown it was clear the scorpion wasn’t very happy with Slate’s response yet he didn’t make a move immediately. Instead lifted one of his sleeves up - that mere signal was enough as soon several others of his kind stepped forward. All of them dressed in exactly the same fashion as him while releasing their cultivation levels in an aim to cause fear thanks to their large number of spirit elder realm monsters.

The leader himself was at the peak of the spirit elder realm seemingly able to break through at any moment should he actually try… Yet based on how they were acting as bandits so openly that would no doubt result in {The Heavens} deciding to shoot him down with a fierce tribulation in revenge for all those he killed for his own greed. In the distance behind those in the spirit elder realm there were even some core formation beasts that were still stuck in their beast form resulting in gigantic scorpions intimidatingly snapping towards the group.

Already the bunch were encircled yet no one panicked.

“I don’t want any trouble here so just give up the palanquin and we can all leave.” <Scorpion>

“*Sigh* If you are going to do something just do it before I start swinging!” <Slate>

“What are you-” <Scorpion>

It was at that moment when the scorpion leader felt a mouth wrap around his carotid before two fangs pierced deep into his flesh. Something flowed into him as he tried to turn his head away as the fangs pulled out yet he found himself unable to so much as move his neck - moments later his head was filled with nothing but gold.

Literally.

9