Chapter 5 Skills to pay the bills. Except im 10 years old and i don’t have to pay bills HA!
3.7k 19 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My current status.

Name: Red ???

Age:10

Sex: Male

Trainer Type: None

Titles: Reincarnator, Enemy of bullies, Champion of ????, ????, ????

Skills: Agility 2, Charisma 5, Cooking 3, Running 3, Pokemon Knowledge EX, Trap disarm 2, Intimidation 3, Strength 2, General Knowledge 3, Luck EX, Navigation 1, Fitness 2, Psychic 1, Analyze EX

Unallocated skill points: 54

Honestly. The amount of skill point I have saved up is a bit ridiculous. I could easily max out several skills right now. The World Admin has been throwing quests at me left and right. Majority of them were really easy to downright trivial. The only difficult quest I had was to fight off some bullies. But thanks to my mom starting me on some fitness routines ive acquired several physical skills to help me. 

The bullies are of course Blue and his flunkies. They tried to bully Copper a few more times but I always stopped them and drove them away. I've started to walk copper home after school every day. Not that I don't mind as I enjoy her company despite her still being a kid and me having the mind of an adult.

Speaking of Copper. She and I have become close over these 3 years. She's essentially my best friend and I imagine she considers me her best friend as well. Well.... we don't really have any other friends though...so... yeah.  She really smart when it comes to engineering and other technology. She has been making a lot of useful gadgets lately.  

She also has stopped stuttering when talking to me a couple of months after we started being friends. She still has a bit of a confidence issue though. I'm going to see if I can't help her work on that.

Another thing I've noticed is even though my Analyze is max out I still get question marks in my status. Don't even get me started on my moms status. I was nothing but Question marks all over the place except her first name. But when I use Analyze on some random dude on the street there are none. Which leaves me to think that someone is blocking me from seeing certain things. Like my last name for instance. Mom tends to avoid and redirect anytime I've asked about my father or even my last name. So I've learned to just not ask.

One day after I get home from school.

"Moooom I'm home." (Red)

"Red. Come sit down a moment." (mother)

Uh oh. She's sitting on the couch with her arms crossed and eyeing me with a serious look. She doesn't often get into serious mode but this is what it looks. I'm not in trouble. She would have her eyes closed and the temperature in the room would feel like it's below zero. It was scary....

I do as she says and go over to the loveseat in front of the couch she is sitting on. She waits a moment after I sit to speak. 

"Red. Are those kids still bulling you and Copper?" (Mother)

"Yes ma'am" (Red)

"Are there still only three of them?" (Mother)

"No, ma'am. They added to more kids to there group. admittedly they have been getting tough to handle. Me and Copper and been taking random routes home to avoid them." (Red)

She nods with I smirk on her lips. She looks impressed.

"Hmm. Good job avoiding them. Now, unfortunately, that won't work every time. And one day you may just get unlucky and get into an encounter." (Mother)

Considering my skill level with my luck... I doubt it will happen.

"Therefore ive decided that you should enroll in the nearby martial arts dojo. There you will be able to learn how to defend yourself should the need arise." (Mother)

                                            Quest received: Everybody was kung-fu fighting!
Having trouble with bullies? Acquire the skills to stop them for good! By beating the shit out of them!
                                                        Reward: 2 Skill points and ???

Well, I guess that decides it then. And mom is being firm on this as well. Hmm maybe I can use this to help Copper get more confidence.

"May I make a request? Can I bring Copper with me? I think this might help her with her low confidence. With her parent's permission of course." (Red)

Mom thinks about it for a moment then nods.

"Yes, I agree this might be what she needs. Though I loathe sending someone as adorable as her to a rough place like a martial arts dojo. Hopefully, it won't get to the point where she needs to actually defend herself." (Mother)

"Yes. I will make sure that she isn't hurt." (Red)

"Good good. Now..." 

Oh boy, here it comes... it always turns out this way when we start talking about Copper. Wait for it...

"I wonder what dress I should make her next! Should I make her martial art themed dress?!" (Mother)

And there it is. Mom is now off in her own world filled with Copper wearing the adorable dresses she makes her. Our parents met a month after we became friends. Her parents keep seeing her come home with new clothes and wondered where they came from. Eventually, they came over to thank my mom for all the clothes and they became friends. That day also turned into an impromptu modeling session as the parents made Copper wear more than 12 outfits that made Copper look more and more adorable in different ways. Seriously have I mentioned how adorable Copper is?

The next day I walked Copper back to her house and talked to her parents about her going to the dojo with me. Her dad was not that happy about it but relented after hearing that my mom also recommended her to go. That's how much he respects her as a fellow Copper lover...

The next weekend we started our training at the dojo. I actually completed the quest I received in a week. And over the course of a year, our skills in martial arts improved considerably. Especially mine due to my growth cheat. My skill level after a year was at 4.  The dojo sensei couldn't even beat me. The next day after I beat him the dojo was closed and on the door there was a sign that said: "I've gone on a journey to rediscover myself.". It seems I hurt his pride a bit... Though if he was beaten by someone with a skill level of 4 so he wasn't THAT strong.

We came back to my house and told my mom about the dojo being closed and the sensei going on a journey. Mom was a little surprised then went into thought. Me and copper just kinda looked at each other wondering what she was thinking. 

"Ok. I've decided. I'll take over your training then. Let's go outside for now." (Mother)

Copper and I both just sat there with our mouths gaping. She's going to take over our training? Does she know martial arts? 

"Come on let's not waste daylight." (Mother)

Mom yells from outside waiting for us to come out. Me and Copper just looked at each other and nodded. We went outside to see mom stretching. One thing ive noticed after her over the years is how fit she is. She's extremely nimble and does stretch's that make me cringe thinking about myself trying them.

"Ok red come in front of me and enter your stance." (Mother)

I do as she asks and enter my stance. Even I know its not the best stance but it works for me at my current skill.

"Hmm good stance. Now come at me with your best." (Mother)

I know the look she's giving me is one of those no-nonsense looks as she means business. If she is asking me to go at her. Then I go at her.

"Here I come then!" (Red)

I sprint a few feet and prepare one of my best moves. I come right in front of her and prepare to grab her for a throw. But for some reason, all I see is the sky. Hey, I see a few clouds. That stupid shitty weatherman said it was going to be a cloudless day. The hell am I looking at Mr weatherman?! Then I hit the ground like a sack of potatoes

"uff. Anyone catch the trainer of that tauros?" (Red)

"Silly boy. Your attempt at a grab was good but was still full of openings. I'll train you on how to improve on that and see alternatives to throws. It seems the dojo sensei in this town only specialized in throws. This will need to be corrected. Now..." (Mother)

Mom then looks over to Copper. Copper gets startled at mom looking over at her. I think she's breaking out in a nervous sweat.

"Copper sweety it's your turn." (Mother)

Even demons have beautiful smiles.

That was the day our training from hell started.

By the time we turned thirteen our skill level in martial arts reached level 8.

We actually did end up confronting Blue and his little gang. 

Copper took them on by herself. 

By the time it was over the bullies were running away crying.

"I'll get you guys back one day! You'll pay for this!" (Blue)

Dude... Blue... thats a classic villain line bro... you aren't supposed to go down that route.

Copper could hardly believe she stood up to the boys that bullied her for so long. The smile she had that day was the most adorable.

Did I mention that she's adorable?

31