Chapter 3: The one
616 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I used Overlord’s magic ranking system (which ranked magic using tiers)because I love that novel.

-

The girl looked about 16 years old.

–Goodness me. I clearly instructed you to come out without any clothes on.

“Humph! These insects must pay a hefty price if they wish to see my divine body. The very definition of innocent feminism.”

The girl crossed her arms with a haughty harrumph. She was covered from her neck down to her heels. Even her arms were covered.

The people were still drooling over her figure though. She had a gothic lolita kind of vibe to her.

“Kekek. I want her to step on me! 400 gold!”

“I want to sniff between her toes! 410 gold!”

–Now, now. She is quite a handful, ladies and gentlemen. Are you sure you will place your bid without hearing her real price and the condition of the product?

The people continued making noise.

The auctioneer was still smiling while watching her.

“500 gold!”

“Lift your dress so I can see your ankle, you slut! 520 gold!”

“600 gold!”

“1000 gold!”

“What animals.”

Lady Sylvia looked at all of them as if they were trash.

–Please settle down. Let me start.

“””””......””””””

Everyone then went silent, awaiting him.

–Here we have the seventh princess of a fallen Kingdom.

“”””OOOOH!””””

–She was a girl raised with strict discipline and I can honestly say that no one has nerves thicker than her. Her pride is that of a true noble.

The girl flicked her hair.

–But...

*Tear*

“H-Hey–!“

Thwack

The auctioneer tore of her dress and when she wanted to stop him, he punched her in the stomach.

“What...”

Beatrice looked dumbfounded.

The girl was marked with all kinds of lewd tattoos and degrading names like ‘slut’, ‘cat whore’, cumdump’. There were various knife marks on her body and even a cross scar between her breasts down to her stomach. Her nipples seemed to have been removed as there were closed incisions on both breasts.

I was shocked to see such a disgusting sight in front of me. Who would do that to a woman?

–She was captured by the enemy nation’s army and raped by a total of 100 plus men. After being hit repeatedly, she sustained fractures and injuries that almost caused her to lose the ability to walk. We had to hire a high ranking priest just to preserve her since she has many other useful skills as a noble child. Her IQ is tremendous as is her memory as well. We’re sure that she would be excellent in managing the territory of her new master. 

The girl tried to cover herself up. Her face was still calm even as blood dropped from her mouth.

–Starting bid... 2 silver.

“””””””.....””””””

–She has had four STD’s which she managed to survive from for unknown reasons and one was even life-threatening. Her womb was damaged after a sword was inserted into her belly, she has no ovaries left meaning she cannot conceive a child. One finger is missing so do not be fooled by the gloves. She is wearing a wig to cover up her hair which was forcibly pulled out and now only patches remain. The list goes on.

The auctioneer listed all the bad things about buying her.

–She has occasional headaches which was caused by head trauma. The nightmares she experiences causes her to scream herself awake at night. She cuts herself in an attempt to stay sane...

“Is that enough...?”

The girl coldly gazed at the man. Her body was trembling in humiliation. Her haughty attitude from before was gone.

He continued on unperturbed.

–I suggest appreciating her beauty by locking her in a cage in your house. Sexual intercourse will most likely mean your death. Her body is also very weak to the point that holding her down takes but one hand. It has to do with her constitution and less of healthy eating. She is also sensitive to light which is why she is dressed like this.

“...”

My mouth was wide open as I gazed at the girl.

4 STD’s.

Barren.

Mental trauma.

Suicidal tendencies.

‘How is that girl the one??’

I looked at my master as if seeking for an answer.

“That girl might have many shortcomings, but there’s a win in buying her.”

Lady Sylvia spoke while looking forward. Even after hearing the auctioneer speak, her expression hasn’t changed a bit.

“Many do not know of this but there was a rumour that one person singlehandedly fended off 10000 men trying to enter the city of Belagard where the royal palace was located. I used my connections to investigate this person and finally found a lead. I believe that so called princess is the one they dub the next Archmage. The reason she is here... well, I suspect they damaged her core so bad that it would take months to heal itself.”

“Archmage?”

Beatrice seems to be confused about who that is.

The Archmage is a title given to those who have reached the pinnacle of magic. They are people capable of casting spells 11th tier and higher. I dare say they could be called those below demigods.

Archmages are rare even for heroes of the highest calibre. There is only one hero whose currently on the verge of completing her magic course to officially receive the name Archmage. As I said, you need to be able to cast spells 11th tier and higher to succeed. They prepare spells which the students must manifest using their own power. There have been cases of students dying after exerting themselves too much.

 “Her mana has been disrupted so she cannot free herself using magic. I happen to have found a way to heal her broken core. Money is truly a useful thing.”

–I apologize for punching the product. She has the nerve to play dress up to fool my customers.

Many of the people whispered amongst themselves.

‘What good is buying such a person?’

 I thought to myself as I looked at the girl.

It would psychologically be harmful for anyone to be near such a person... not to mention children.

Her face looked like she was holding in her emotions underneath all that composure.

–Anyone willing to bid? As I said, she can be useful for exhibitionism or SM plays. Even playing house is safe enough. Penetration is not advised, however. Nor is oral as she has mouth sores beneath that makeup on her lip.

“”””......””””

Everyone had unwilling expressions on their faces. Just moments ago they were cheering the girl on like simps.

 –Humu. As expected. Going once. Going twice.

The auctioneer spoke into the mic again to end the bid.

The girl grabbed the edge of her torn dress as tears fell from her eyes.

“I shall pay the two silvers!”

My master stood up and raised her number.

The girl’s head jerked up with a shocked expression on her face.

–O-Oh, my. Are you sure, my lady?

She nodded.

“Is there anyone present to object?”

She was only met with silence.

–Well, it seems this little miss’s sale has been finalized! Go to your master.

He grabbed her by the arm and took her down the stairs.

*

“...”

The girl silently sat down on the floor. The people who were around us before instantly scattered to avoid being close to her. Maybe that’s why she preferred sitting on the floor.

By the way, she was still naked. There was a slave mark on her back. That wasn’t what bothered me. The slashing injuries on her entire back did.

The bid was ongoing as more slaves came out.

“Um, excuse me.”

I called out to her. Her neck mechanically turned towards me.

“Here.”

“...?”

I put my jacket around her shoulders. 

“...Eh?”

“A lady shouldn’t walk around naked, right...?”

I awkwardly scratched my head as she silently gazed at me.

“Eeeew. Now the maids will have to throw that jacket away~ master bought it especially for you on your birthday, you ungrateful prick!”

Beatrice made a snarky remark.

The girl’s face darkened and it looked like she wanted to take the jacket off.

“Don’t worry about her. She’s a bitch to everyone.”

“WHA–!?”

–Next bid! 

Beatrice’s voice was filtered out by the auctioneer’s loud voice.

The people’s interest recovered after a while. A few left with ghastly expressions on their faces. They were probably too shocked about the products up for sale.

–Here we have a magically infused sword found in the ruins of an underground temple!

They brought a dull sword on stage.

The reactions of the nobles were weak.

“What is that?”

“Any beginner blacksmith can make a piece of crap like that.”

“It looks so rusted.”

–We believe this is the legendary sword called Dáinsleif! The best blacksmith on the continent confirmed it!

“What a load of crap.”

“Is he fucking serious?”

“Move on to the next item!”

–Now ,now. What if this actually is the legendary sword?

“Dáinsleif was lost eons ago so why lie to make money? We could sue you, you bastard!”

The nobles urged him to move on.

I looked at the sword intently.

‘What is this feeling...?’

It was like my very soul was drawn to the sword. It was so rusty yet I found it the most sacred and beautiful thing to ever exist.

“...what are you doing?”

My master glared at me.

I didn’t notice how I was already standing up with my hand raised.  

–...A slave?

The auctioneer’s face scrunched up.

“...Ah.”

I hurriedly sat back down and lowered my head.

Everyone was looking at me.

“This slave dares to interrupt this auction?”

“The master should discipline her slaves more.”

–Ahem! Would anyone like to bid?

I looked at Lady Sylvia and saw her looking at me too.

“...Beatrice, is that the real Dáinsleif?”

“...Um, are you going to buy it for him?”

“Shut up and check.”

“Y-Yes.”

–No bids? Man, and here I thought we’d be able to see the next Sword King wield this legendary sword. It seems the hero who wields Excalibur won’t be able to meet his match. Truly a shame.

The auctioneer shrugged but announced the price. 

–Seeing as how this is a failed bid, I will give it away for fifty gold.

“WHAT!? FOR A FAKE!?”

“This demon scum is really trying to rip us off!”

–Now, now. The metal used to make the sword is extremely tough to break which is why the price will start at fifty.

Beatrice finished assessing the item.

“...I can’t read the description. Something is blocking my skill.”

“...Ho?”

Lady Sylvia stood up and raised her flag.

–Ah! We have one! Price going once! Going twice!

He looked around for anyone else willing to bid.

–Sold! To the lady with the red hat!

Lady Sylvia nodded and sat back down.

–Please claim your prize after the show! Now, moving on!

“...I expect you to work hard to pay back those fifty gold coins.”

Lady Sylvia glared at me.

“Y-Yes! Thank you so much!”

I bowed politely. 

“Master, may I also get something?” Beatrice asked with puppy dog eyes.

“Yes. From now on, when the two of you accompany me then you’re allowed to buy one item.”

“Thank you~!”

“Tch.”

I clicked my tongue. If that were the case then I shouldn’t have bought the sword and instead have chosen food.

14