Chapter 11: Change
530 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt myself being dragged. Was it because my body became numb? I didn’t feel the pain from being hit repeatedly.

“Why couldn’t we just kill this criminal? He dared to make mana essence for his own benefit.”

“You know how soft the Madam has become. She always used to hit him more harshly but she changed ever since. Did you see the amount of money she gave him yesterday? Ten gold! Ten!”

It was the conversation of two women that entered my ears. I tried opening my eyes. It was extremely difficult since my head was aching so much.

“Ooh. He’s waking up.”

“Crazy. He’s still alive? Well whatever. He’ll die anyway.”

My breath got caught in my throat when I looked forward. I was being dragged by my arms so I could look ahead.

The fear I felt back when I saw Merrick came back again.

A deep dark abyss entered my vision. 

The undead zone. 

“Uuuuh!!!”

“Oi! Keep still!!”

I tried to escape their arms by wiggling myself.

Thwack

“Huuuuuh…”

A sword’s hilt hit my forehead, causing my head to blank. I moaned in pain. 

I would surely die if I was thrown in such a place.

Strong undead roam those lands. Since there is a magic barrier, the diseases and monsters cannot escape.

“Release.”

The mage of the three who was with me chanted a spell and then a door opened up from the magic barrier.

HOOOOOOO—!

The sound that entered my ears sent chills down my spine. It was the wails of dead souls that still roam this world.

“My goodness. Why are there so many undead?”

They could see where the undead was but I could not. All I saw was a black void.

Certain death. It seemed that black and red only shows itself when something is dangerous to my life. Although even without it I would know I’d die if I was thrown in an undead infested land.

I wanted to escape but my body and the people who were dragging me wouldn’t let me. 

“Thank you~”

One of the knights took the remaining gold I had in my sock.

The two then swung me and threw me through the opened up path.

CRASH

I rolled a few times and landed with my face in the dirt.

“Uuuuuh!!!”

My throat was damaged so I could only moan in pain.

I made eye contact with the mage girl, Mercy. She was also a slave who came to the mansion before me. She always used to help me whenever I needed it. The two of us could be called comrades since we were both slaves. 

She was released about a year ago and was employed as a mage of Lady Sylvia’s private army. 

“…” She lifted up her hands.

I thought she was going to help me but…

“《Barrier》”

My heart sank in despair when I saw her coldly look at me as she closed the path.

“Let’s go grab a drink!!”

“Mercy, you coming?”

“…”

She nodded silently and turned back without sparing me a second glance. I only saw their backs as I laid there with my chin holding my head up.

“Uuuu….”

Snot and tears flowed down my face. I looked down at the state my body was in and only saw blood. 

Lots of blood. Specifically in my groin area. I put my hand on my pants and felt nothing.

Literally nothing.

It was then that I felt the pain when I realized my state.

“Guuuuh!!! Guuhh!!!”

‘My dick is gone!!!’

I couldn’t feel it at all. Where was it? Even my testicles were gone. Was that why I fainted from extreme pain?

“Uuugh… uugh…”

–Not just his leg, cut off his manhood which he used to penetrate our master with as well! Fucking scum!

I remembered hearing such a voice. It was all too familiar. But I didn’t have the strength to feel anger. 

That bitch Beatrice.

“…”

I fell down powerlessly.

I curled myself up as I felt the wiggling of worms crawling up my wounds and feasting on my flesh. 

“Go.. away… go… away…”

My voice sounded so feeble and weak. The parasites continued feasting on me as I heard the footsteps and groaning of multiple undead.

*

Anna walked down the hallway to deliver food to her master.

—Knock, knock

She knocked but received no answer. 

“Haa…”

With a sigh, she pushed open the door.

“You must open the windows ,Madam. This room does not have good ventilation. I’m afraid that your condition will get worse.”

“…”

Sylvia was sitting on her office chair with her back towards Anna. The documents that should’ve been signed last night was still piled up.

Anna hesitated before speaking.

“…Was that boy that precious to you?”

Anna couldn’t understand why her master would grief over a slave. The price she bought him at was less than the price of the amount of food they consume in a day.

Slaves are not considered people by the populace. They are property bought to work for their masters. Anna has seen many male slaves being brought here and never leaving the premises alive. 

It was so bad that she expected the same to happen to Luther. 

But her master has changed too much. 

Anna could still vividly remember how Sylvia was forced to open her legs for her three brothers and father. It was a hellish sight for a young girl to experience. She was first raped when she was twelve years of age. 

Her little sister was ten and was the first victim of her siblings and father’s lust. 

Anna thinks that might be the worst memory she ever saw in her entire life.

A beautiful girl with a high IQ and a bright future. 

That was how she could describe her master in the past. It was later revealed that her mother was also raped and forced to bear that scum’s(the father) child. As it ran in the family, the three brothers joined their father in on the fun.

It was disgusting. 

Not just the incest, it was the way they took her purity. 

The bad thing was that everyone was told what happened to Sylvia Brittany. Although the contents were twisted a bit. There was a time in her school year in the academy where she was even bullied by mere commoners and even the lower class nobility.

She seduced her family members. That was how people thought of what happened. A freak that was in love with her brothers. The worst thing was that she couldn’t deny these claims otherwise her father’s name would’ve been tarnished if she said he raped her. 

He might’ve even killed her if that happened.

“…How is Celeste doing?”

Sylvia didn’t answer her question but instead asked her own.

“Ah, she’s been locking herself up in her room. I’ve noticed her bedsheets have been filled with blood. I found out why. She has been cutting herself so I had no choice but to restrain her myself. She screams sometimes in her sleep so I had to give cast 《Sleep》on her.”

“…I see…”

Sylvia’s voice sounded less energetic than the last few days. It was like everything felt empty to her. Not even her newly bought dress that she was wearing sparked any joy in her heart.

“…It can’t be that you had feelings for that boy…”

Hearing that comment, Sylvia looked at Anna.

Eyes filled with killing intent stared back at Anna who flinched.

"I do not."

The entire room was filled with Sylvia’s mana for a moment. 

“Haaa…” She sighed as if finding it troublesome, “When Celeste recovers, send her to the academy immediately. The sooner we have our forces ready, the better.”

“Understood. I apologize for speaking out of line…”

Sylvia waved her hand to shoo Anna way. The latter bowed before leaving quietly.

“…” Sylvia looked down. In her hand was the shirt and pants Luther wore that night she invited him to her room.

Both the shirt and the pants were neatly folded. She stitched it together since he ripped it off his body from being so impatient to have sex with her.

“…Idiot…”

She said so to herself.

“How could I have forgotten why I killed my father and brothers…” 

She ordered Anna to murder her father and two brothers. The last one was left alive since it would’ve been troublesome if the successor died. Sylvia wasn’t interested in the throne anyway.

“They took away my innocence…”

Luther reminded her of someone from her past. He was also a commoner who attended the academy. Her father found out how she has been cheating on him and ordered the boy and his family to be killed. 

The boy was the sun in her life which was painted in darkness. She promised herself to escape her father’s clutches, marry the boy, have children and live happily ever after.

Reality is not always good to those unfortunate. 

Light doesn’t shine at the end of everyone’s tunnel. 

Losing the light in her life, Sylvia brutally tortured her father herself before Anna killed them. Even seeing another male was enough to remind her of that man. 

The smiles they had when they were inside her was not on their faces when they were finally dead. She crushed the very things that caused her to suffer, their manhood.

“Elijah…”

She always used to call him that by mistake. Seeing him swing his practice sword everyday was exactly the same as Elijah in the past.

–When I become strong then I’ll come save you!

Elijah said those words when he heard what she was going through. He was the only one who supported her. It didn’t take long for her to realize that Elijah was the one.

“Idiot….”

She muttered the same word again and wiped her tears.

'It was never about loving him.'

She only thought that Luther was so much like him. It wasn't love. It was more like filling the hole in her heart of the first love she lost. She also saw Elijah's face on Luther's every time. It was like she never really got to know the real Luther.

But the time for regret has already sailed by. By now Luther would’ve been eaten alive by a starving zombie.

“Anna.”

She pressed a communication orb.

–Yes ,madam?

“Get a carriage ready to head to the slave market.”

–…Excuse me? 

“You heard me. I am buying myself new toys.”

Sylvia wanted to vent out her frustration.    

–…Understood.

The Sylvia of the past was back. 

9