Chapter 12: The great demon lord rank 50! Lilith Lazuli!
622 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A robed figure could be seen walking the undead zone. 

She clutched her stomach and curled up.

“Uuuu...! So hungry!”

She lowered her hood to look around.

“Huh? Where am I?”

All she saw was a land ash black in colour. The entire land seemed to have been burned down to the ground. A lot of undead were also roaming around.

She was traveling with an adventurer party a few hours ago before waking up on the sidewalk of a road.

What appeared underneath her hood was dark purple hair, a little girl’s face and horns above her head.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have transformed myself this small... they took advantage of that...”

She grumbled and released her transformation. Keeping up that magic was tiring on her small mana pool. But that was necessary to hide her horns. It was a relief none of the men of the party did anything because she looked so young.

She was the great Lilith Lazuli! A demon lord!

Although, the lowest demon lord at rank 50.

That was why the undead didn’t attack Lilith. Demon lords are rulers of all dark creatures so that would be similar to attacking their monarch. She cannot control them though. Her infamy is negative which means no monster would want to serve her.

“Those bastards really tricked me!”

She lost all her belongings when she woke up. After taking a sip from the soup they gave her, she fell unconsciousness. Lilith heard from her only maid that there was a rare plant that grew in the mountains of this region. If she could find this plant and sell it then she’d instantly get rich.

Unfortunately that wasn’t the case.

“Sly scum...” 

Lilith began looking around the undead zone. 

“Hm?”

She saw a really bright silver light a few hundred meters away.

“What is that?”

She activated《Fly》and flew towards the silver light.

“Huh?”

Sounds of flesh being torn apart reached her ears. She saw a spiralling disk of silver light slicing through the undead surrounding a certain figure on the ground.

The person looked dead but after seeing his chest move up and down, she confirmed he was alive.

“What the...”

‘A sword with a will of its own?’

The sword was attacking all the undead surrounding the boy. There were at least two hundred undead trying to eat the helpless person on the ground. 

“What’s going on?”

Since she wasn’t an enemy and had no killing intent, the sword didn’t strike her.

She checked the sword’s description from where she stood.

Name 

Dáinsleif 

Rank

SSS(-poor condition)

Type

Demonic Sword of Aesir

 “....”

Lilith’s mouth opened wide in shock. As a demon blessed with the Demon God, Baal’s blessing, she is able to check descriptions and statuses of others the same as heroes.

But why didn’t that boy have any status?

“Strange.”

A literal god slaying weapon was protecting the boy.

He possesses no status which every living being in this world must have.

He lost both his arms and legs from being eaten alive from parasites yet he’s still alive.

And lastly... when Lilith activated her innate talent, Demonic Eyes, she saw a dark red aura seeping out of the boy’s soul. (Note that this isn’t the same as Luther’s eyes.)

Potential demon lord level is what her people call this aura.

Lilith’s eyes sparkled. She found a human who has the potential to become a being similar to a demon lord. She didn’t know how powerful he would be.

“How did he land up here?”

TSSSSK

PSSSSS

Lilith thought as the sword continued cutting the undead apart. Swords with wills are expected to be SS rank and higher. Above SSS is mythic grade artifact and above that is god ranked artifacts. Although, the sword is lower ranked than the last two, she thought it had to do with not being under the right conditions to activating its full power. 

Maybe if the boy was able to wield the sword’s power then it could become a mythic or god ranked artifact. 

“Guhihihi~ You guys said I’d never find a strong subordinate. Well, screw all you demon lords! With this boy I’ll be the strongest in the demon realm! Even stronger than Lord Asmodeus!”

Asmodeus is the strongest demon lord who ranks number 1. He is also the leader of the demons in the underworld. They say he’s closer to their demon god than anyone else.

Lilith laughed but then realized something was strange.

The entire area was suddenly quiet.

“Hm? KYA!?”

The sword was in front of her causing her to frighteningly jump backwards.

‘What the hell! It killed all those undead that quickly!?’

She saw corpses lying on the ground. The entire area stank of innards and shit.

“H-Hello.”

She waved at the sword. 

The silver sword vibrated for a second as if responding.

“I-I’m good, okay?” It felt weird saying so as a demon lord, “I’ll help your master...”

She walked slowly past the sword and finally arrived at the boy’s location.

“Goodness...”

His eye and arms were eaten through. She could see wriggling underneath his thigh. A worm parasite covered in blood came out.

Whish

“HIIIRK!!!”

The sword accurately struck the worm.

“Uuuh, thanks...”

She looked at the boy’s face.

“He’s so young....” 

Even as a demon lord, she feels pity for humans and sometimes hesitates to attack human settlements. This is one of the reasons why she cannot rise in rank or gain enough infamy in this world to grow stronger.

“I cannot heal him here...”

There was no way she would let her future die. He could someday become a strong servant who helps her raise her infamy and lead her future subordinates. 

Lilith activated 《Message》magic. 

“Tessa.”

–Yes, your highness?

An answer immediately came back.

“I want you to get that corpse’s DNA for me. Since the monster had regenerative abilities before it died.“

–The corpse underneath the castle?

“Yes.”

The voice sounded confused.

–But why? I thought the dragon corpse is precious to you...

“Do it, Tess. I think I found our ticket to rising in rank!”

–Truly? But didn’t you say the same thing last time when you brought that other human who turned into a monster after consuming the dragon’s DNA?

“T-That’s...”

As dragons are the only other existence capable of threatening heroes and demons, to consume it you must have a strong body and natural talent. If you don’t then you turn into a chimera. A failed monster.

–Understood. We only have a tiny amount left. Must I use all of it to make the potion?

“Ahem, yes. Don’t worry. I’m sure this time it’ll be a–“

–Huh? It seems the signal is messed up. Master... master...

The line was cut off.

“That little bastard!”

Lilith angrily shouted. Even her own servant doesn’t respect her. It’s a mystery why he still follows her if he’s that disrespectful.

“Now then, what should I do with you?”

*

“Welcome back, Your Highness.”

Shen Lilith entered her shabby castle, a cute girl wearing a maid outfit greeted her. 

Tessa had sharp fangs which indicates his race.

Vampire.

Tess’s smile was so innocent like that of a pure angel.

But... 

Race

Half Vampire

Level

240

Innate Skills

Blood Rage

Resurrection sacrifice

Limbo cloning

Condition

Happy, concerned

Attitude towards Lilith Lazuli

Loyal, admiration

STR

5990(+300)

AG

55050(+300)

MP

10000(×2)

HP

50000(×2)

Lilith trembled every time she sees Tess’s status window. 

He was an overpowered vampire who , for some reason chose to work for the lowest ranking demon lord. He could even classify as one of the strongest servants in the demon world. 

“Ah, is that him?”

Tessa ran over with a small jog and lifted the blanket the boy was under.

“Goodness.”

His expression turned sad and his eyes teary. 

Even if he looked cute with such an expression he’s still a person who outranks his own master by power alone. It’s a mystery why a literal powerhouse is still by her side.

“Ahem, have you prepared what I asked for?”

“Yes!”

He pumped his fists and stuck out his chest as if feeling proud of himself.

“I see...”

“Ehehehe~”

Lilith patted his head.

“Now get a move on. I’ll move him to the bedroom so you go get the needed items.”

“Okay!”

Tessa ran up the stairs with incredible speed as if his figure was being fast forwarded. 

Vampires have high physical prowess and strong magical abilities. Only dragons outmatch them by natural power. Although, Tessa is a different case altogether. He’s a vampire born from a human. His father was a vampire while his mother was a human.

Such half races are rare even in the human world. Both Lilith and Tessa are half races. Both are demons with some other race’s characteristics. 

Lilith was born from a demon mother who had sex with an incubi. Normally, succubae are expected to bare the children of incubuses since they are of the same race. Some call them sex demons.

“Let’s see. Will you be able to handle dragon DNA and become the fist ever dragon-human?”

Dragons are one of the highest existences in this world who can reach levels of 900. Demon lords reach level 999 the same as heroes. It is a misconception that heroes only reaches level 100 and stop there. 

The goddess specifically told them to not reveal their true levels to the residents of this world. It is taboo to do so which can lead to the humans fearing them. It doesn’t really matter even if they keep quiet. The highest level an Magical Appraiser can identify is 99. Anything above that would break the item apart due to the sheer power. This is why they assume heroes are level 100 and not anything above that. Most humans in this world only have the potential to reach level 50. There are, however rare cases where a human can reach level 500. Take the adventurer who slayed Leviathan for example.

Not all of the heroes who come to this world reach level 999. Only Abel has reached thus far. The rest of the heroes are level 600 and under.

How powerful would a human fused with dragon DNA be? Since dragons have natural healing abilities far stronger than any medicine on this planet, she was positive that the DNA of a dragon would restore him to his full health again.

Although she had low expectations, she couldn’t help but feel excited as she looked at the boy’s sword which was still floating next to him.

*

“Huh?”

Am I dead?

I looked at my body.

I was standing normally for some reason. Even my hands and eye were back.

“This can’t be...”

“Luther?”

‘Huh?’

I looked to my side and saw a woman smiling at me. The gaze in her eyes was filled with affection as she held my hands.

“Aren’t you going to put the ring on my finger?”

“Huh?”

‐Do it, Sword King! 

–Wed another wife, you harem scumbag! Guh! I hate you handsome guys so much! Save us ugly men some too!

–He has an imperial harem but didn’t forget about his first love. Now that’s a man right there!! 

I also saw thousands of people sitting down watching us.

“A wedding...?”

“Of course, silly. Here.”

I looked back at the woman.

“...!!”

A face so familiar that I could never forget it. Although, a bit more mature.

Lena.

“Do you, miss Lena take Luther Crane as your faithful husband?”

The priest stood there with a big smile on his face.

“Of course I do!”

“Excellent. Now you may put on her ring, mister Crane.”

“Huh...”

What’s going on? Did I seriously die?

It’s weird. This was what I dream of every night.

A sword king with a harem of beautiful women from all over the continent. A man who could even overpower a hero, demon lord and dragon. That was the existence I wanted to become even if it sounded unrealistic.

Yet, why am I seeing it now?

Lena’s touch felt real. The scent of roses felt real.

–What a grandiose lifestyle you have, bastard.

A cold voice came from behind me. I noticed that all the people stopped moving. 

I looked back and saw a figure without a face. His hair was oddly similar to mine but I couldn’t see his face.

“You’ll have to enjoy this while it lasts. The world is never fair–“

*

GASP!”

I took a mouthful of air and got up with a fright. The dream suddenly ended when the man without a face approached me.

‘Ugh, where am I?’

“Kyah!?”

A shriek echoed followed by the crashing of plates.

“You scared me–! Eh!? He’s awake, master!”

I kept blinking my wyes as I looked at the cute girl in a maid uniform. She had sharp fangs, black hair and red eyes. She looked to be 15 years old judging by her height.

---!

But when I looked closer I saw a familiar colour surround her.

WOOONG

The air trembled as the gas covered the entire room.

My entire body froze. I didn’t realize I had all my limbs back when I saw the red gas surrounding her.

Danger. 

“Are you okay?” The girl touched my cheek.

“Uuuh... uuuh....”

My entire body trembled.

Despite not releasing any killing intent, the aura surrounding her was dark red with a few patches of black. I felt like I was suffocating under her overwhelming aura.

Although I was imagining it, it felt like the smoke was choking my throat as the pressure weighed down on me. 

Just how strong is this girl?

10