Chapter 14: Status
560 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...You killed him?”

Although Lydia heard what Sylvia said, she couldn’t just take her word for it.

Sylvia’s expression didn’t change at all as she saw Lydia’s suspicious gaze.

Although she is a compassionate person, Lydia has no qualms with killing people that would be a threat to many. Luther was an example of that.

She wanted to kill him before he has his awakening. An awakening refers to when regressors are able to regain their former power. There was no telling how powerful that silver haired boy was in the future. The fact that his status showed multiple errors when she tried to check means something.

He must be dealt with before his powers awaken.

Lydia looked towards Anna.

Anna bowed respectively before leaving the room.

When the door finally closed, Lydia tore a《Sound Magic》scroll to block out the sounds coming from within the room.

“May I know what your relationship was with him?”

“He was my pleasure slave.”

Lydia nodded and wrote down what Sylvia said.

“When did you buy him?”

“Two years and three months ago.”

Sylvia looked at Lydia in silence as she wrote it down.

“...What would require the heroes to care about that boy?”

“You see...” Lydia closed the notebook and leaned forward. “That boy would’ve been marked as a national threat if he stayed alive.”

Sylvia’s eyes opened wide.

‘National threat? Him?’

Although he trained nearly everyday even when it was raining and snowing, his body was still weak. Even a maid of the household who isn’t trained in fighting could win against him.

“Have you heard of regressors before?”

Sylvia shook her head.

“As this will be made public someday anyway, I might as well tell you.”

The goddess strictly told them to not mention Regressors to the public. This could cause those regressors to act rashly and hurt innocent people. 

However, Abel said that they must make this public. If a regressor tries causing trouble then he will deal with that person himself.

Lydia finished explaining the origins of regressors. They were one of the enemies of the heroes besides the demon lords and evil dragons.

“Luther was a regressor...?”

Sylvia tried to understand if that was really so.

“Yes. I understand your thoughts. Even I was surprised when I saw how weak the boy really was. I even hesitated to use my divine weapon to sever his soul. That was why he managed to escape with that girl. But the fact that he does not have a status shows that he really is one.”

‘What...?’

That thought came from a person who shouldn’t have been in the room.

Celeste.

Her magical power managed to come back in tiny bits but that was enough for her to use a 6th tier spell called 《Dimensional concealment》. The spell means that she is eavesdropping on their conversation through a different dimensional pocket.

Lydia is a pure swordsman so she cannot sense Celeste’s spell. 

But if Celeste moves too much then Lydia might sense her due to her heightened senses of a hero.

Celeste blames herself for not being able to go out to save Luther. Although he does tease the servants and steal their panties, she didn’t find anything evil about him. He was just an average teenage boy with a future to become a knight. 

No, what he wanted to become was much more than just a knight.

He wanted to become a Sword King. Just like the Archmage, they are exceptions in this world who are able to break common sense and achieve level 100 and above.

Celeste checked her own status window.

Race

High Human

MP

99999

STR

24

HP

1000/4000(recovering)

AG

10

MGK ATK

999

Conclusion-A future mage capable of destroying continents. Although having so much mana does not mean she can fix her trauma and cure depression.

She is what people call an unbalanced person. Her mana is near infinite but her other stats is that of a normal human.

With this power she might be able to go and get Luther’s remains so she can bury him.

The undead zone is danger level S. The area spans thousands of kilometres and many creatures of death; besides zombies, like undead monsters can be found there.

She felt that she wouldn’t be able to rest unless she finds Luther’s remains. The pain of losing someone she cared about so much was so great that she could barely sleep the last few days. 

She was already reliving the day her kingdom fell ,inside her dreams. She wanted to talk to him.

To tell him about her pain.

She hated her own powerlessness. Surely she could’ve distracted the people in the room so Luther could run.

Celeste felt it was pointless to feel regret now. He was probably standing in the queue of judgement as she thought about him.

Celeste can only follow Sylvia’s orders like a robot right now. She was her benefactor after all. If not for her then Celeste might have died. Although the physical injuries were still there, her magic core was able to fix itself.

In a few weeks the academy will open. It was expected of her to attend as a student. Celeste trained herself in magic during her childhood so she does not know what it feels like to attend school.

She was always alone. She rarely spoke to anyone as well. Luther might’ve been the first person in years that she was able to have a conversation with. Being screamed at in the slave market didn’t count as conversations to her. She feared for her life so she had to act headstrong to stay alive.

“We will go and search for his body. I trust that won’t be a problem?”

Sylvia nodded her head.

“Do as you please.”

‘No!!!’

Celeste screamed in her mind. She had to get there before the heroes do. 

She didn’t want people studying his corpse for research purposes.

Celeste quickly dispelled the magic and ran towards her room through a portal. 

She was given permission to venture out on her own by Sylvia if she wishes so the latter shouldn’t look for her unless she stays out too long.

But she’ll have to ask permission venture out for more than two days since the undead zone is too far. Using flight magic will only let the magical detectors go off which look out for airborne enemies. If she can reach the undead zone and find Luther’s remains then she can just return with teleportation or a portal gate.

The amount of time depended if she finds his corpse though. There might not even be any remains left. If that’s the case then she’d have to give up on her search and come back home.

Celeste quickly packed her necessary luggage and went towards Sylvia’s office when Lydia left.

*

“What happened...?”

Tessa asked in a confused tone when we came to the entrance of the forest. We were looking for any animals to hunt but found nothing. It was like the animals ran away or something.

We found out why.

Hundreds of animals were laying on the grasslands either with their limbs cut off or their bodies split in half.

“An enemy demon servant?” 

Tessa’s body exuded the red gas again as she released her killing intent. I quickly moved away from her when I saw veins pop under her skin and claws grow out of her nails.

“Lord Luther, please go back to the castle, I will deal with–“

Before Tessa could finish speaking, a shout called out to us. 

“Lady Tessa!”

I saw a woman carrying a spear running towards us. She was so muscular that it made me jealous.

‘Huh? Wolf ears and a tail?’

“Princess Dia?”

Tessa retracted her claws and regained her composure.

The woman she called Dia fell on one knee and caught her breath.

‘Is she from the wolf tribe Tessa mentioned?’

There was no mistaking the fluffy tail and ears on her head. Her hair was darkish blue.

“What happened here? Did all of you gather these many animals? We strictly told you how much you’re allowed to hunt on our lands.”

“No! It wasn’t us!” The woman got up and wiped her sweat. I couldn’t help stare at her abs. Her skin was tanned and sweat flowed down her arms as if she was drenched. Do I have a thing for muscular woman or muscles in general? I couldn’t avert my eyes.

“Then who was it?”

“W-When we were gathering herbs to add to our supplies, a silver light suddenly chased the animals out of the forest. It rounded all these animals up and started slaughtering them all. We couldn’t do anything but watch since the light it was giving off was too powerful. The killing intent was so much that all of the members of the tribe sensed it. We are currently investigating what that light was.”

“Silver light? Could it be...” Tessa looked like she realized something. “So that was why it was missing this morning.”

“What do you mean?”

The woman asked with a clueless expression.

“That silver light was the sword of Lord Luther. Did it hunt these animals for its master?”

“Huh? My sword?”

Now that I thought of the sword, didn’t I leave it at the Brittany residence? I thought someone at the manor must’ve taken it already when they threw me in the undead zone.

The sword is already too useless for me. At most , I could use it for cutting things.

“Her highness said that the sword was the reason you were able to survive so long in the undead zone. It was protecting you from the zombies. Ah, Princess Dia this is Lord Luther. He is the new subordinate of her highness.”

The woman knelt before me respectfully.

“Pleasure to meet a subordinate chosen by her highness!”

“Y-Yeah...” I looked toward Tessa awaiting explanation. “What did you mean by ‘its master’?”

“Simple. The sword has a will.”

“...”

“Hm? Is that it?”

Tessa pointed towards the corpses. I looked as well and saw a silver light heading towards us.

“It’s coming again!! Everyone! Awooo! Don’t fight it!!”

The silver light soured through the sky towards us.

RUMBLE

CRACK

“UWAAAH!?”

It landed right between my legs. It felt like I was on the verge of fainting when I saw how close it was to making me a woman again.

“Goodness, it sure is fast.” Tessa laughed and helped me up.

The sword was giving off a type of white light in my one eye.

‘Huh? A new colour?’

I grabbed the sword from the ground because there was a lot of blood on its blade. I tried cleaning it off with a cloth I received from Tessa.

The white light grew stronger, almost blinding me.

_A medium has been used to release power restricting chains_

“What? Did you guys hear that?”

“Hear what?”

Tessa tilted her head.

‘Was it all in my head?’

I thought that but...

_Calculating status...

_Error___Status breaks numerical system implemented by the gods...

_Seal of the first degree has been released by Dáinsleif__

My eyes opened wide when I read the screen that popped out of Dáinsleif. 

There was a familiar name that popped out.

Name

Luther

Titles

Conqueror, Casanova of gods, slayer of goddesses, Battle God.

Sword King

Race

Dragon-human

(?????)

Level

99(error)

STR

750(error)

MP

0

HP

10000(error)

AG

2600(error)

ATKP

250(error)

Skills

God eyes

Gluttony

Conclusion: User is an unknown race that cannot be identified by god system. Due to probability, status may only be viewed by user alone. Unknown seals of various degrees is blocking the god system from calculating power into numbers. User’s status breaks common sense and can only be viewed by beings with the name race as unidentified user.

-

“Lord Luther, what’s wrong? You’ve been staring at the sword for quite a while.”

Tessa’s voice came next to me but I couldn’t reply back.

I had a status.

A status which breaks this world’s common sense. 

-

Author note: Those errors mean the system cannot calculate the amount of power his restriction seals are sealing.

12