Chapter 15: Warning
472 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What does this mean?

“Miss Tessa... Can you see this?”

I tried showing the blue screen to Tessa who was walking next to me.

“No?”

“I think... I think I have a status.”

Tessa stopped in her tracks and gazed at me.

“That ability I spoke of that makes me able to see danger... Well, I was able to check my own status when I took the sword into my hands.”

“That’s wonderful! Her highness will be so delighted to hear that! If I may ask, how high is your level?”

“Level... 99.”

“...”

“...”

“...”

Tessa, Dia and the other wolves who were with us all looked at me with widened eyes.

“L-Level 99!? Isn't that comparable to a hero!?”

The woman Tessa called Princess Dia shouted at me.

“Well, I'm not sure if my stats meet that criteria though.”

The minimum amount of power a hero must have at Level 99 is 50000 attack power. How is mine so low compared to that? I can't really compare myself to a hero. They are stronger than normal humans regardless of level. For example, a level 1 hero might be ten times stronger than a level one human of this world.

Heroes aren't automatically level 100 when coming to this world. They have to grind to reach the level cap of this world. Since they grow faster than others by killing monsters, they reach level 100 pretty quickly.

“It must be because your growth is slower than others. Or perhaps there could have been a problem when the sword shared its energy with you. You say your body didn’t improve no matter how much you train, correct?”

I nodded.

“Perhaps it will take time for your real power to show itself.”

“I guess you’re right…”

I silently looked at the sword hovering next to me. I may be mistaken but it felt like it was looking at me as well.

‘Dáinsleif…’

The legendary sword said to be equal in power to Excalibur. It’s fairly obvious that the strongest artifact belongs to the strongest hero.

Abel, the Sword Saint.

 The auctioneer said back then that this sword is as strong as Excalibur. Was that true?

“Why am I so ignorant of the world…?”

‘Dammit, I blame being born a slave.’

I was only allowed to travel alone when I was permitted to and had to travel everywhere with my master. Whenever I was given free time to roam around the city, I'd mostly go to candy shops or meat stands. Maybe going to the library might've been better.

Like any other person in this world, I wanted to go out in the world and explore. I even dreamt of taking Lena with me.

We could travel to see and experience new things together.

But now I’m a subordinate of a demon lord. Will she still accept me?

While I was grumbling to myself, we arrived at the castle. 

By the way, those corpses my sword slayed was being carried by the wolf tribe people.

“I will get working on lunch later on, Lord Luther. In the meantime, go see Her Highness in her office.” 

Tessa guided the tribesman into the castle. All of them were looking at me with different emotions in their eyes.

Fear. Curiosity. Hostility.

The last one may be those ready to fight me and confirm my powers. Out of all the demihumans in our world, the silver wolf and the tiger tribes are known as the most violent.

“I feel like an animal in a circus being looked at by predators…”

“I will protect you, Lord. They will not hurt you as long as I am still standing.”

My new companion, Dia stood next to me and flexed her muscles. 

I found out that she is actually the princess of her tribe. That means she was born from the village chief or in their case, Alpha male.

‘If his daughter is this huge, how big is he?’

I looked at her chest as we walked together. Being such a large and muscular woman, her breasts are bigger than my head.

“Um, do you have business with Lilith as well?”

“Yes, lord. I must report about the bandits who tried invading the lands of Embarg.”

“Embarg?”

“That’s the name of this land we live on. The bandits are trying to illegally set up camp on the land and steal the precious resources and minerals. The soil has rich nutrients and the area is wider than most wealthier fiefs. Many fossil resources can also be found here.”

“So the land Lilith owns…”

“It has one of the most resources than many of the fiefs on the continent. Since her highness is well… poor, we cannot help her build new buildings or even start farming.”

“How did she even get this territory?”

That was the question I was itching to ask.

“The noble family who ran this castle died during a pandemic a hundred years ago. We live in most of the structures still standing near the castle. No one of the kingdom bothered to cultivate or build anything since the land is so vast. It’s been 150 years since anyone has even set foot in this castle.”

“That long ago?”

“Yes. We trade food and items with her so we can live on her soil. We are not like the barbarian tiger or lion tribe who would’ve chosen to forcibly take her lands instead of coming to an agreement.”

“Ah, I see.”

Despite looking like a warrior who has lived through many battles, she seemed more soft than her outer shell suggested. 

“We’re here.”

Dia looked awfully nervous when we stood at the door.

Knock, knock.

‐Come in.

“Again…”

When I entered the office with Dia, I saw Lilith eating grapes… while naked.

“Ahem, Dia? What would you like to report?”

She acted composed. 

I shook my head behind Dia.

“Yes, your highness. We need funds to hire adventurers to help us chase away the bandits. They are attacking us more than they did in the past.”

“Bandits again?”

Lilith sighed as if it’s someone else’s problem. 

“But we don’t have money~~~”

She spun in her office chair with a bored sigh. Her boobs shook along with the momentum of the turns.

“B-but if we don’t–“

“That is enough.” Lilith stopped spinning and seriously gazed at Dia. “Do you think I can afford those heathens as my attack force? And what if they find out there’s a demon lord in this castle? Demihumans might not care but the humans will definitely try to raid us. Plus, the last bastards I travelled with stole all my stuff!" 

“I-If that’s the case, can’t we sent Lady Tessa? She’s a strong vampire hybrid, correct?”

“Tessa is my bodyguard and the defender of this castle. Without Tessa, I’d be dead a long time ago.”

Lilith shooed Dia out of the way. 

Despite looking as big as she is, the way Dia looked like she was about to cry was adorable.

“My servant! The one who will rule the underworld with me! Handsome and powerful!"

Lilith came towards me and hugged my arm.

“H~ow was the hunt?”

Her warm breath blew against my face as my arm was squished between her tits. She shamelessly pushed her assets onto me with a pure smile. No embarrassment was on her face at all.

“Boobs…Ahem, I mean it was crazy.”

I coughed a few times and took out my sword.

“This guy nearly slaughtered all the animals that roam Embarg. Princess Dia’s tribe helped us bring in the corpses.”

“Oho! Tessa should prepare a feast tonight!”

“And another thing…”

“Yes?”

“I think I have a status…”

She looked at me in confusion before her eyes glowed red.

“…!”

She put her hands on her mouth with a shocked expression on her face.

“It’s true…”

She frowned a bit.

“I can’t see everything but if a hero checks your status now then there shouldn’t he any problems. We should just tweak your level a bit using an artifact.”

"That’s possible?”

“Of course. This is necessary since it would he suspicious for a kid to be level 99. Kyaa! My servant is so strong! He’ll protect me with these big strong arms!”

Lilith hugged my head in her sweaty boobs.

“Err… Should I leave…?”

Dia awkwardly asked.

“Wait! I just had an idea!” 

Lilith pointed at me.

“I ,your master order you to eradicate those bandits along with Tessa!”

“H-Huh?”

“Eh?”

*

“Would you like me to help you bathe?”

In the bath, I looked towards the door and saw Tessa wrapped in a towel. Her white hair was wrapped into a ponytail. 

The sweat on her skin glistened with the light of the mana crystals inside the bathroom.

“Yes please!”

I shouted with flaring nostrils. My breathing was that of an old pervert.

Tessa laughed softly and crouched at my front.

“Your first mission tomorrow, huh?”

She poured the soap liquid onto her hands and smeared it on my body. I noticed that my body was a little bulkier than before.

‘Was it the dragon DNA as well?’

“Yeah… I just hope I manage to clear it without any problems.”

That was a stupid thing to worry about. I had a vampire on my team who could literally rip people in half with her bare hands. 

‘I wonder what her status looks like…’ 

Dammit, if only that blue variant worked on other people instead of just items.

“I will let you handle the boss of the bandits. Remember that there is always someone strong protecting the boss. Kind of like me protecting my useless master.”

Tessa even went down to my toes and scrubbed them.

“Lord Luther…” 

“Yes?”

“You know, her highness is a very weak demon lord… the weakest out of all demons in fact.”

Tessa’s hands crawled under my towel and went up my thigh. I felt a jolt run through me when I felt her cold hands.

“Y-Yeah?”

“Even normal humans can overpower her… so…” Tessa grabbed hold of my dick.

“Kuh!”

It wasn’t gentle nor soft, it was a firm grip as if threatening to tear it off.

When I looked down, I saw her coldly gaze at me with a dangerous glint in her eyes.

“If you think about forcibly pushing her down then this…” She took off my towel and held my dick in her slender hands. “This will be torn off just like before.”

It wasn’t red aura this time.

“Do you see how serious I am, Lord Luther?”

Tessa's claw came out and she traced my balls with her finger. 

It was an ash black colour. My skin felt like bugs were crawling all over me. The familiar white shine blinded me for a second.

Death variable. 

–Thwack

My head was sent flying after Tessa swung her clawed hand. Even Dáinsleif was too late in saving me.

Her hand was covered in blood and brains.

-You dare lay a hand on my benefactor when I told you to stay away, you disgusting bastard.

My headless body collapsed. 

“…!! Guh!”

I choked when the vision ended.

Tessa’s killing intent disappeared before Dainsleif arrived.

“Okay! All done! I must get back to her highness. Will you be able to finish on your own?”

“Y-Y-Yeah.”

I stuttered while my teeth clattered together. It was fear.

“Please do not be long. Tonight I’ll make a big feast for Lord Luther!"

Tessa quickly left the bathroom with a humming voice.

“Why the fuck am I still hard…?” 

12