Chapter 20: Roommate
378 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked down the corridor as I thought about Emilia’s words.

One of the strongest hero children, Clark. 

Level 250.

Even thinking about how powerful he was gave me chills. But aside from fear, my body was growing hot in anticipation of fighting him. Dragons always want to beat those who think they are strong. This was to experience the pleasure of asserting dominance.

‘Fuck, I should get my urges under control before I cause trouble.’

Creak

I opened the classroom door to class 1A.

“–Dungeon exploring is also part of our‐”

The professor who was talking to the classroom of students turned towards the door.

His eyes flickered for a second.

‘This bastard.’

I sensed dark energy with the help of the ring come from his body. Emilia was right. He was the first one.

“Look who finally made it. The student who thinks he can throw people around without any consequences. Fighting is not allowed!”

I looked towards who was screaming next to the professor.

A girl with flaming red hair stomped up towards me with an angry huff.

She put her hands on her hips and nagged.

“You will sit detention for what you caused!”

“The fuck...?”

She was at least a head shorter than me. Even with her small height, she glared up at my face.

I noticed a badge on her left breast.

‘Disciplinary Committee?’

“Please calm down, Miss Noelle.” The professor spoke to the girl.

“But he–!”

“He did what was appropriate for dealing with Clevan. As everyone knows, he is a bit hot-headed that he fights with everyone just to flaunt his strength. Multiple charges of sexual assault was also held against him yet nothing happened to him. I suggest looking at the real suspect instead of the one who tried protecting lady Emilia who comes from a prestigious oil merchant household. The fact that he’s a hero’s child does not pardon every wrongdoing.”

All the students agreed with nods.

“Kuh...!”

The girl glared at me.

“I’m keeping my eye on you. I will not tolerate misbehaviour.”

She turned around and walked towards her seat.

‘Why does it seem like I’m hated even though we don’t know each other.’

“Well then, mister Leonhard. My name is Lincoln. I am your first year teacher. I  expect great things from one who comes from the most powerful race in our world.”

He pointed directly at the girl he called Noelle.

“You will be seated next to miss Noelle.”

“What!?”

“But there’s a seat right here!”

All the girls complained towards our professor.

“Now, now ladies. She is this class’ top student in the entry exam so I expect her to teach mister Leonhard the way of the academy.”

Noelle stood up and roared.

”Why!?”

The professor didn’t respond and only put books in my hands.

“This arrived for you from our headmaster. Please look after it.”

The headmaster huh...

Lilith told me that the headmaster is also in cahoots with demons. She’s a powerful magic caster so I shouldn’t antagonize her so openly. I might lose my head if I show the slightest killing intent. She might not be a threat at all though. I haven’t actually met the person.

I slowly made my way towards my seat.

“He’s blushing for that brocon!?”

“Maybe he’s just shy. There are a lot of cute girls in class. Like me~”

The girls looked at me with warm gazes as I walked by them. The guys already looked like they hated me.

I sat down on my seat with everyone’s eyes still on me.

Noelle put a border line between us by drawing with a marker. 

“Don’t even think about crossing this line otherwise I’ll deal with you myself.”

I sighed at the hot-headed girl.

The professor started explaining our classes.

“First on the list is practical tests. I know that some of you are confident in your endurance and strength but that doesn’t mean we won’t stop training your bodies to their limits. This is a knight training section. We will push you over your limits whether you like it or not. As the academy is closed off to the rest of the world, there are multiple reconciliation activities and also a forest to hunt monsters. There are rumours that demons are lurking inside the forests so this is perfect for all of you who want to become full fledged knights.”

‘Rumours, huh.’

Lilith told me that one of the demon lords is planning to invade the empire using their army of monsters. She said there was a monster summoning portal somewhere deep in the forest. There was a possibility that the same portals are hidden inside the empire as well that’s why so many servants were tasked to take out our rivals.

If they managed to invade the Brittany Empire that’s known as one of the strongest nations in the world then their ranking might rise. Even killing one hero could lead them to rise in rank.

Lilith and Ashura didn’t want that to happen. Which is why they were cooperating even if both of them differ in rank.

“Remember that if you want to be eligible to enter the tournament then you should score good in your exams. We don’t allow just anyone to have a shot at becoming a hero’s disciple. That being said, we’re doing our first test on the training grounds. Meet me there at noon. You may go back to your rooms to change. I assume all of you know your numbers.”

“Yes!!!”

Everyone answered energetically. 

The professor disappeared using teleportation magic.

All of us left our seats to go to our assigned rooms. It seemed my room was number 223.

“Why are you following me?”

A voice came from my front. I looked ahead and saw the same girl who antagonized me when I first entered the classroom.

The hot-headed miss Noelle.

“Huh?”

We stood at the same door. 

“But isn’t this my room...?”

I looked at the number on my application and on hers.

“What...“

Noelle looked speechless.

“Why am I sharing a room with a guy!?”

She pushed me aside and ran into the room. The door was slammed into my face.

“Oi! What the hell am I supposed to do if it’s like this!? It wasn’t like I hacked the system!”

I banged on the door.

“Stop being so childish.” I grabbed the doorknob and tried ramming the door. 

‘Was it always a mixed dorm? I never heard of this from Emilia.’

Maybe it was just the two of us.

“Fine! But if you–“

Just when I was about to ram the door, it opened up. 

‘Oh, shit!’

Due to the momentum, I couldn’t stop myself as I was thrown against her.

“!!!!”

BANG!

My entire body fell on top of Noelle. The tea set which was on top of a table fell down and crashed onto the ground.

“...!?”

My lips were on hers as my left hand grabbed her breasts. Since I used too much strength, her shirt tore and her bra was visible. I touched her boob directly. Her boobs were soft and bouncy. Now that it was visible, I could see her chest was even larger when it wasn’t covered up.

My other hand was holding her plump thigh.

I slowly lifted myself. The girl was looking blankly at my lips and at the hand holding her breast. The bra she wore was a sexy black type of lingerie. 

‘Lingerie for a school girl? Was she planning on banging someone tonight?’

“Um, I didn’t mean to–“

“PERVERT!!!!!!”

Flames rose from her body as her hair turned crimson. The broken porcelain melted due to the extreme heat.

“Die!!!!”

PANG

I was slapped full force in the face. 

My consciousness faded when the impact landed on me.

*

‘Ah, fuck...’

I rubbed my stinging cheek.

“What the fuck... Why did you use so much power?”

“...”

My head was still dizzy and my face black from the smoke. 

“It was an accident...”

I said when I saw her getting ready for training.

“...”

She turned towards me and spoke condescendingly.

“To think the first kiss I saved for my brother was taken by a filthy dragon’s child. Ptoey.” 

She spat on the ground and bent down to my height.

“Do that again and the last thing you’ll see is a ball of flames aiming for your head. Getting charged with sexual assault will be the easiest way out. If I tell my brother then you’re screwed.”

“Oof.”

She kicked my leg and walked out of the room.

“Haaa.... What was up with that development?”

Today was my first day and I ended up upsetting my roommate. 

The wounds on my face began healing. My restoration abilities started appearing a few days ago. Tessa beat me black and blue to see if the ability actually worked.

I shuddered every time I remember that day. It wasn’t fun being beat up by a little boy. But at least my powers started manifesting. That was a good sign that the DNA was doing its job.

Besides that, I was afraid I might become like the dragon whose DNA was inside my body. Although my memory, calculation abilities and physical powers improved, I still don’t have a sliver of magic.

That MP status kept showing ‘0’. 

I thought dragons were supposed to be the strongest magic casters in this world and yet I don’t have an ounce of magical power. They are capable of destruction magic. The most powerful type and form of magic. Dragons are near perfect beings. They possess raw physical strength and mana that surpass most of the heroes in this world. 

Maybe I was only able to gain the dragon’s physical potential.

It actually sucks that I couldn’t use magic but I at least still had Dáinsleif. The sword is said to be a powerful magic sword that had the wills and powers of the previous wielders stored inside.

If that legend was true then I might be able to grow stronger than I might think. Lilith said Dáinsleif shared its power with me so maybe there’s a chance I could gain more down the road.

I got up after my face healed and began getting ready for practice.

When I was about to leave, I saw a name tag lying on the table.

{Noelle Armstrong} 

‘Wait a second.... Armstrong?’

That surname...

“Ah...”

I came to a realization.

“She’s the second child of Lydia and Abel.”

8