Chapter 24: A threat greater than the Demon God?
462 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body moved on its own. No, it was like a heavy pressure controlled my body and made me go down to my knees.

Even Dáinsleif was forced to fall down on the ground when the woman’s aura pressed down on us.

I slowly turned my head up.

“You were definitely the dragon I smelled at my servant’s residence.”

The woman bent down to look into my eyes.

“You think you could escape after killing my servant?”

Even more needles came out of her sleeve as she held them near my face.

‘Huh? Her servants?’

My voice could barely come out when I tried speaking.

“...W-Who are you...”

Her power felt so bottomless that I could barely gauge her strength.

“Fool. You are a servant of a demon lord yet you know nothing of my appearance? Surely my horns already gave it away?”

She stood up and looked down on me.

“Commander of the Demon Prince’s army. I hold the 20th rank of the demon hierarchy. My name is Lucifer of the demon ducal house Chrome.”

The demon prince referred to the son of the demon god, Baal. He might not hold the title of demon lord as he is non-combatant but he is undoubtedly one of the most influential demons in the underworld. 

He would act in his father’s place whenever important meetings are held that needs the attention of all the demon lords. The demon god is an ancient demon that lived for a million years and he rarely moves from his castle. His son was tasked with ruling the underworld using his name.

Simply put, he was the leader of the demon lords. Even higher ranked than Asmodeus. All because his father was the demon god.

I stared blankly at the woman while I was on my knees.

‘Lucifer…?’

Only after a few seconds did I comprehend what she said.

“S-S-Shit!”

I tried escaping from her magic. I tried flailing my arms and legs. 

‘Dammit! I can’t move!’

“D-Dáinsleif…”

Surely my SS rank sword could do something…

I looked over and saw that it was still lying on the ground. The pressure was too much that my sword sank into the ground.

The woman laughed.

“What an amusing sight.” She grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. “I’m going to ask you once… Who are you working under?”

Her needles were right in front of my eye.

“P-Please…”

I must’ve looked like a complete baby as snot and tears fell from my face. No matter how strong I became, there was no way I‘d be able to take on a demon lord.

“L-Lilith… It’s Lilith…”

Her face blanked for a second.

“…”

An awkward silence loomed.

“Pft…” Lucifer coughed just before she laughed. “A servant from such a low ranking demon lord dared to interfere with my plans? How heavy must your balls be to try that?”

“And Ashura…”

A look of amazement flashed on her face.

“Ashura huh…”

Lucifer’s eyes glowed red as she looked into mine.

That was how Lilith’s eyes would glow whenever she read my status.

“…Huh?”

Lucifer’s face blanked again.

“…Impossible…” Her mouth quivered. “A regressor? You were the one…?”

‘She can still see that?’

Maybe the rings didn’t work on the eyes of a demon lord.

Lucifer retracted the needles that were in front of my face. The pressure that weighed down on me instantly lifted.

“Ahem. I did not know you were the one with the blessing of our demon god. Your life will be spared for now.”

She turned around without another word.

“Oi! Wait!”

I quickly got up and held her shoulder.

“Why the hell are you opening those portals!?”

I didn’t care that she was a demon lord. What she was doing was dangerous. Who knows what kind of things could come out of those portals. There had been many monsters from other worlds that come out of such portals. 

The strongest one to ever come out of such a portal was SSS rank. Fortunately, Siegfried managed to defeat it with the help of Abel.

Lucifer spoke with a stoic expression on her face.

“A threat greater than we could’ve ever imagined lurks our dimension. It could even be a threat to our god. I am trying to find it before it matures so I can kill it. Only the top ten demons lords discussed this. It was by mere coincidence that I found out. Using my charms on one of them, I found out that this threat is from another world.”

She shoved my hand off her shoulder.

“Don’t casually touch my shoulder. We are not friends. Stay in Lilith’s tiny castle and don’t interfere.”

The woman faded into mist. The world returned to its original state and I could hear everything again.

I stood there gazing at the place where that woman stood before. 

‘What the hell…’

◇◇◇

“What!?”

Emilia grabbed my collar.

“You met Lucifer!? How!?”

“T-That’s…”

“How are you even alive!? Tell me!”

“H-Hey, calm down…”

She pushed me away.

“If she’s around here then we should thread carefully in the future. Why is a demon lord at the academy…”

Emilia bit her nails in frustration.

“What did she say to you?”

“…”

I recalled what she told me.

“She’s opening those portals to find ‘A threat greater than anything this world has ever seen’.”

“A threat?”

Emilia looked at me blankly. 

“Why does she know of this but Lady Ashura doesn’t?”

“Oh, that. She said that she was able to eavesdrop on their discussion… It was apparently only supposed to be shared amongst the top ten demon lords.”

“If that’s the case then Lady Ashura won’t be happy about this.”

Emilia pulled at her hair with an anxious expression on her face.

“The plan’s changed. We can’t hunt Lucifer’s servants while she’s nearby. We’ll undoubtedly be killed since there’s a chance her archdemons are near her as well. I’ll let Lady Ashura know. For now stay out of their sight. Dragons aren’t exactly liked by archdemons.”

Emilia was about to walk out of the room. Since it was lunch break, I called her over to my room so we could have privacy. Noelle wasn’t here when I came back.

“Wait! I need to ask you something.”

“What is it? It better not be another sex request. I’m annoyed at the moment so get prepared to be punched.”

“N-No. That’s not it.” I thought back to my meeting with Celeste. “I was wondering if you knew of a method to healing someone using my abilities?”

“Healing someone? How severe are the injuries?”

“Well…”

I remembered that day I saw her on stage. A large scar extending on her upper chest. Her private parts was a mangled mess. Whipping scars were all over her legs, back and arms.

I told Emilia in detail about what I saw.

“…”

Emilia was deep in thought.

“A Holy potion does indeed sound like the only cure for her injuries judging by the description you gave me.”

“…So there’s no other way?”

Even though Celeste was smiling brightly earlier, I could still see sadness in her eyes. It was like she was acting strong.

“No. There is a way.”

My eyes sparkled.

“But this method will sound crazy in regards to your race.”

“I’ll do whatever it takes to make her smile again.”

I nodded resolutely.

Emilia shrugged.

“Sexual Intercourse. By inserting your penis inside her and matching the wavelengths of your auras, you will be able to heal her.”

“…Eh?”

‘Did I hear her correctly?’

“To be able to share your healing abilities, you must do that much. This is a ritual that only dragons can perform so it’s not known by many.” 

“U-Um. Is that really the only way? Isn’t there a way that’s… normal?”

‘I should have sex with her? Isn’t that too crazy?’

“You’re a dragon so there’s nothing that’s normal for your race. If you were able to use Wild Magic used by dragons then you could’ve healed her without having to resort to this.”

“Ah…”

That’s right. My status window showed that my MP was zero. I was a pure swordsman that can only use my physical strength to fight. The silver aura that always surrounds when I fight is not my own but Dáinsleif’s energy.

“…That’s the only choice I have, huh…”

Emilia shrugged again.

“Either this or she waits to be accepted by the Holy Temple.”

“Thanks for your help, Emilia.”

Emilia nodded and grabbed the doorknob.

“Remember to lay low. The tournament is around the corner so we wouldn’t want to cause a ruckus just yet. Don’t get too close with your professor.”

“...Understood.”

 She turned the doorknob and left.

**

After Emilia left, I made a call to Lilith and told her the same thing. 

She showed a strange reaction to my words. She was adamant on letting me go back now that it was found out that I was a regressor. Thankfully, Lucifer didn’t seem to have a strong reaction to my title. It was more like she already knew of my existence but didn’t know who I was. Maybe Baal announced to everyone that he blessed someone.

The only reason I wasn’t killed was because of the blessing I received from Baal.

‘Thank you, lord Baal. I won’t forget your help.’

Although we hadn’t officially met, he was still the one who blessed me. If not for him then I wouldn’t have gotten God’s Eyes or unlocked one of my seals using Dáinsleif’s power.

Lilith said something strange before we ended the call.

-The Demon Lords are expected to assemble in the Demon God’s castle after the tournament. All servants and archdemons must attend as well. 

With a serious expression on her face, she spoke again.

-The Demon God, Lord Baal has awakened.

8