Chapter 11
497 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our spies have been trying to gather as much information about the mobilisation of the Empire's army. All we know was that the Emperor received a letter. The origin of the letter was unknown.

I looked through the many documents that Ayumi gave me. Mainly information about the Empire. Emperor Orklarth currently ruled the Empire. He was the second son of the previous Emperor; however, after his older brother, the crown prince and his whole family were assassinated, Orklarth took the throne. Since he ascended to the throne, the life of its people became harder.

Taxes were raised, the government was corrupted, and the people suspected of being against the Empire or its Emperor were executed without a trial. He once executed one of his ministers for sneezing during one of his speeches.

I got up from my seat and headed out whilst accompanied by two units. It was time to increase our base defences. We currently have two large warehouses full of materials.

I modified the walls, and the metal gate, to be much thicker and more durable. Barbed wires were placed all around the outside of the base. I built another armoury where I created extra ammunition and guns to be stored. I plan to make vehicles like APCs, tanks, and even aircraft.

However, there wasn't enough personnel, and the aircraft would require a runway. At the moment, we didn't have enough space to put one in, so I would need to start cutting down some trees.

The tree's sizes here are all varied, but most of them are enormous. Axes and chainsaws would take a long time to cut one down. After that, I headed over to the shooting range, where I created many different weapons for me to practice with. Such as the STG45, my favourites, the Thompson machine gun, and the AK47.

I also learned that I could create older firearms, like muskets, flintlock pistols, and even older style cannons. I had a try with the flintlock pistol but immediately hated it. It currently sits on a wall in the main meeting room after it was taken apart and made unusable except as decoration.

I was meant to have an office to myself, but the place was filled with gold when I entered it. The chairs, tables, and even the walls were gold. This was Ayumi's doing since she was in charge of decorating it. She wanted me to look wealthy and powerful, but all it did was blind me as soon as the lights were turned on.

Today, I wanted to try out the machine gun, but I saw that several kids were playing when I arrived. They made their hands look like guns and pretended to shoot the targets.

Watching the group of kids were two mothers who volunteered to be babysitters. As soon as they noticed me, they apologised for letting the kids play around the range. I told them it was fine as long as the kids didn't damage anything or get in the way when it was being used.
I invited them to watch since I couldn't let them handle firearms. There were little kids here; I took out the M1911 pistol with a suppressor attached. If I used loud machine guns, it would scare the kids.

After telling them to stay a reasonable distance away, I began to fire. The suppressor dampened the gunshots reasonably, but the kids weren't happy. They wanted the loud ones, which was surprising.

I took out the several louder guns and began firing until my arms were numb from the vibration. It sounds like a waste of ammo, but they are collected and then melted into larger chunks so that I can turn them into bullets again.

It was now lunchtime for everyone except the units, who didn't need any food. Our meals have become grander, with fresh vegetables and more spices. Thanks to the espionage units, we have stored a decent amount of supplies.

During this, the units have made connections with several merchant companies, which is another big bonus since we can get information from the merchant who travels anywhere money can be made.

All the intelligence that has been gathered is currently being reviewed and processed into a report. Overseeing everything was Ayumi. Sometimes, I did think about my role in this. The units worship me as their creator and don't question anything I do.

Ever since coming here, I've been thinking about my future goal. I had the power to build my own army and probably become the king of my own country. Against people who have only just started to use trebuchets, my army would be victorious ninety per cent of the time. However, this does not include magic, which we were still gathering more information on. Despite being knowledgeable about magic, the elves had no idea how the human magic weapons work.

What was the reason I chose this power in the first place? I must have had a good reason unless I just wanted to have fun with guns. Usually, isekai protagonists would get overpowered skills to save the world from an evil demon lord. I had overpowered skill, but there were no threats of a demon lord. The only person who might know was the person who sent me here.

"Supreme Commander, it's an emergency. Please look up." Ayumi calls in through the radio, which snaps me out of my thoughts.

I did as she said and looked up. The sky was slowly becoming red; the sun looked like it was being swallowed up and replaced by a giant red moon.

"What the fuck..."

"Supreme Commander, our spies report that every decade or two, for a week, the sky suddenly becomes dark red, and the red moon makes the monsters extremely aggressive. They call it the Blood Moon Apocalypse."

19