Chapter 15.5
437 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This happened on day seven of the Blood Moon apocalypse in Roland Houdart's territory. 

Lord Roland Houdart was only thirty-two years old, but he looked like he was forty due to the recent catastrophe. Not only that, nearly over four thousand people were dying and starving all around his tiny territory of only two towns and three villages. Everyone was cooped behind the town walls, which looked like it would collapse if pushed with little effort. 
 
"What do you mean, the tax has increased!" he yelled at the man, who introduced himself as a tax collector. 
 
"Mind your voice; if you raise your voice against me, you're raising your voice against our Emperor." the tax collector says with a slimy grin. "I trust that the money will be ready when I'm back, in three days. I will now take my leave." 
 
After the tax collector left, Roland slumped back onto his chair. With tax nearly doubled, his people were dying and starving. There was no way that this territory was going to survive. Even with only one last day left of the Blood Moon Apocalypses, they would not even last another hour. 
 
"It would seem like you require some assistance." a female voice called out behind him, which surprised him. 
 
"W-what who are you!" 
 
"Fear not; my name is E5; I am here to present you an offer." 
 
"What do you want. If you can't see, the people are dying and starving out there; I have nothing to give." 
 
"We only want you to swear allegiance to us."
 
"And who are you working for, the Union?" 
 
"No, we are an organisation that has no name; we hide in the shadows. But our leader decided that it was the time for us to reveal ourselves to the world." 
 
"And what does it have to do with me." 
 
"We need someone reputable joining our organisation, kind of like a representative. We have deemed you to be worthy." 
 
"What are the terms?" 
 
"We will provide food, water and will send some of our operatives to help you defend against the wave of monsters." 
 
"And all you ask is that I leave the Empire and join your organisation?" 
 
"Yes, as long as you stay loyal, we will keep giving you our support." 
 
"Why should I join you? I have no idea who you people are, and if the Empire learns that I changed sides, there will be war." 
 
"If you do not accept, you people will starve and die. This is the only chance you have." 
 
Those words resonated in Roland's mind. Unless the Gods intervened, there was no other way they would survive.
 
"Fine, I want a written contract. Where are the supplies and troops coming from?" 
 
"A forest that you call the Abyssal forest." 
 
"The Abyssal forest! It's going to take a week to get here; we won't even be alive by then." 
 
"Please do not mind about our transport methods. Please place trust in us that supplies will arrive. For now, please sign this temporary contract. One with finer details will be made." 
 
Roland hesitantly signs the contract. 
 
"Very well, the contract is now signed. We will begin our support." 
 
Strange sounds began to come from outside of the courtyard. Roland rushes to the window and peaks outside. Outside was five of the Huey helicopters and a Chinook. Large boxes of supplies were dropped, and units with human faces began to flood into the courtyard. Of course, to Roland and the other people, this looked alien to them. 
 
"W-what are these things?!" 
 
Small chapter, so another one is coming. Thankfully I have written several chapters ahead, so I just need to do a quick edit and upload.

19