Chapter 33
108 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunflower left the booklet the worker elves have put together where Theanore could find it. They have written it in a friendly fashion and have even gotten the system, Tania, on board with having Theanore read it.

Just as Theanore was dressing after her bath, she found a leather-bound notebook near the watering hole. Worried that it was going to get wet, she took it and got away from the water.

Opening it, she smiled as she read the title.

A worker elf’s guide to leveling, volume one.

The worker elves were giving her a gift! Theanore closed the book and hugged it then opened it again and began to read.

Chapter 1: Use the system’s help.

The system knows all about how to achieve new levels and how much you have until you have achieved a new level. Tania can steer you away from levels on skills that would prove harmful or evil. Listen to her, Theanore.

“Tania, how much longer do I have before I level up?”

You level up one level per skill. You have three skills and so you are level 3. Gain another skill and you will be able to level up. You can go up to level 9999.

“But, how come Mari is level 10, then?” Marinus had only three skills too, and one of them was more of a trait.

He is a supernatural creature. He levels up to two levels on his birthday. Furthermore, he can go up to level 600, level 650 if he lives longer.

“Oh, I get it. But isn’t it cheating that I get to level up faster than him?” Asked Theanore. She felt it would be better not to be a cheater, even if the system permitted it.

No, this is just the natural order of things. You don’t cheat by advancing at a faster pace. Which skill would you like to advance in? Here are some suggestions:

Marine expert:

You are an expert on marine life. Your fish flourish around you, and your pearl oysters are bountiful.

Refined farmer:

Your farm has grown with new additions to it. Additions that were born on your land. As such, you gain the title of refined farmer and a free crop of your choosing. Warning: Dungeon core Alina doesn’t give away freebies, and you are on the bad list.

Apprentice painter:

You have taken the quill, and you have begun to draw. Even if people would need to double guess what you have made, it still has shape. You gain dye-producing plants. Warning: The warning for refined farmer applies.

Candle maker:

You have bees and wax. You make candles. Warning: You don’t have either of those things.

Negotiator:

You are a master sweet talker. You can negotiate your way out of any situation.

Writing:

You are an author. Your first work has to be well received to get this skill. Or the work after that. Or…you get the drift.

Forgery:

Warning: This is a crime skill. I do not recommend it!

You can write like others and make your own coins. You are a budding criminal now!

These are all the skills available for levels 3-5. You only need 2. I suggest apprentice painter and writing.

Theanore weighed her options. She was going to get refined farmer in two months because of Petunia and Chrysanthemum. She just needed to wait. There was no reason why she should steal Marinus’ skill from him. A marine expert was out too.

Candle maker sounded good, if only because the grotto was a little dark and there were oh so many candles they could buy without raising an eyebrow. She was going to really see what she could do about the negotiator. It sounded like a nice skill to have.

The apprentice painter skill was going to get her to level 4 for sure, as it didn’t require fines or real skill. Theanore liked to think that she was already a good enough author. Her notebook on plants was filled to the brim, and she was already writing a second volume. She only needed to publish it.

The nymph frowned at forgery. That was what got Tania here. She was definitely not even going to consider it.

With her mind made, Theanore grabbed a sheet of paper and began to draw plants that were included in her book. That way, when she rewrote it and edited it, she could include her very own drawings so that farmers could know how the plant she spoke of looked.

Her painting of a crimson clover was really nice, if Theanore could say so herself. Now she only needed someone to recognize the shape of the plant and to say its name.

With the drawing in hand, Theanore rushed to Marinus and placed it under his nose.

“Oh? A clover?” Asked Marinus confused.

Skill gained: Apprentice painter.

Theanore the nymph has drawn a crimson clover, and it was recognized. As such, she gets the skill apprentice painter.

Level gained: Reached level 4.

Theanore the nymph has reached level 4 through the skill apprentice painter. As such, she is given twenty mana to her mana regen.

Theanore laughed and hugged Marinus, who looked at Tania’s words with confusion. What was happening?

“Mari, you have to help me draw each plant from my book. Come on, it will be fun!”

Marinus didn’t even know that Theanore was writing a book. He was tugged to the study of the house and placed on a desk to draw. He didn’t receive a new skill, and so he thought that maybe dungeon cores had to have numerous mundane things like skills to advance.

“Mari, will you help me with the whole book?” Asked Theanore, hopefully. Marinus was going to say no, as he needed to take care of his aquafarm, but then Theanore hit him with the saddest eyes she has ever shown him.

“Of course, Thea,” he said. Words flashed before their eyes.

Skill gained: Negotiator.

Theanore the nymph has used emotional blackmail to get what she wants. Just like a novice negotiator would.

Level gained: Reached level 5.

Theanore the nymph has become a novice negotiator. As such, she levels up and gains twenty mana to her mana regen.

“Now we only need to make the book ready for publishing and I will become level 6! Keep drawing, Mari,” commanded, Theanore. The two children began to draw plants, with varied success.

4