Chapter 55
70 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had taken more than an hour for Darion’s plant to take root. An entire day, in fact. But, boy, was the wait worth it. Fairies descended on the factory and when they didn’t see the fairy dust they began to loot and wreck the place.

Grandpa Thinker came to the factory personally, and he put all the fairies on static, getting them out. But by that time the damage was done. Snow came in through holes in the roof and walls. Flames licked the production lines. Glitter coated every surface.

“This is a nightmare!” Said grandpa Thinker as he pointed another gremlin firefighter squat to the more pressing area of the destruction. Mainly, the glitter mixing cauldron.

“First the coal factory and now this. And just when I got my name from the bad list!” Continued grandpa Thinker. Grandma Thinker placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“Albert, think about it. It had to be someone who was at both of the places and was slighted recently. We have to check all the coal mining transfers into this specific factory,” she said, and grandpa Thinker balled his fists.

“Just that villain, wait until I find them! I will put them on the bad list for 10000 years!” 9999 years was the longest anything has ever been put on the bad list. That was a dragon that had raised an entire country. Not that the dragon cared.

“And fire them, if they don’t work for a competitor already. Didn’t that dungeon core Alina wanted to replace you as the main supplier for dungeons? What if she wants to take over Yule too?” Asked grandma Thinker and grandpa Thinker became thoughtful.

“No, Alina is a good girl. She doesn't even undercut me. Her mana pricing is fair, and she does deliveries to me too. Besides, she told me she is tired frequently. She doesn’t want Yule, granny.”

“So, we have a traitor,” said, grandma Thinker.

“And I have just the plan to find them,” said grandpa Thinker, rubbing his hands together.

Back at the apple grotto, Theanore showed the weird clover to Marinus. Tania explained it to them both. Marinus not knowing either, being a marine creature and not knowing much about plants.

His face lit up, and he snatched the clover, and he placed it in the enchantment fountain. It was absorbed immediately.

“Mari, that was my gift for you! Now it is lost,” said Theanore, pouting at the enchantment fountain.

“This is what we needed, Thea! A lucky break. It doesn’t matter how we calculate; we just can’t do more than two enchantments. But now, with the fountain having a luck enchantment on it, we have to try again!”

“If you say so,” Theanore didn’t want to try enchanting again. All the failures have gotten her down. But if even this didn’t work, then they could say they have tried everything.

“In fact, I am confident that we can make an enchantment without the base multiplier for the bigger enchantments. Let us try with two enchantments level 400, four crystals each. On a golden ring.”

Well, that was a lot of molten gold and a wasted two hours of craftsmanship, Theanore thought. But maybe they could cut their losses after this failure? The two children each grabbed four crystals and a ring, held by them both, and said the enchantment passwords for air and lightness respectfully.

It worked! Theanore watched as the ring lit up, and then it was enchanted. Marinus looked at her as if to say: “What did I tell you?”

“Ok, now we try four enchantments, level 400. We need eight crystals each,” said Marinus, and Theanore nodded. They argued for a while what to enchant the silk scarf with and then decided on air, quick shot, thick skin, and water.

Sure, they could have enchanted the scarf simply with ice, rather than air and water, but this was a scarf for an archer. If it worked, then the bow will be drawn quicker because of the quick shot, it will fly quicker because of the air enchantment, and it would have gushing water on impelling itself in the flesh, tearing it.

They grabbed eight crystals each, said the incantations, and just as smoke was rising from the silk it glowed, and the enchantment was set. The two toddlers high-fived each other, but there was a final theory they needed to test.

“What if level 400 is the limit of the four enchantment items? We have to test it with level 1000! We have just enough crystals left in the fountain,” said Theanore. If this breakthrough proved to reach level 1000 then nothing stopped it from reaching level 9999 in theory.

“Well, here goes,” said Marinus as he collected the crystals he needed on his side of the fountain. Theanore collected the rest, and they enchanted with the same enchantments as before, again a silk scarf.

A puff of smoke roused from the scarf, but the enchantment took hold. The two children stared at it in amazement.

“For how many coins do you think we can sell this for?” Asked Theanore, half whispering.

“More than 60000 coins. The Emperor has to know of this. He is the only one who can pay us as much as we deserve. But, Thea, just imagine what we can accomplish if we have more four-leaf clovers!”

“I gifted the hamsters the other one, but maybe we're able to find more in the clover patches. They are everywhere,” said Theanore. Marinus took the ring and the two scarves and placed them in the special box which Crassus left them for their big breakthrough.

Then the two children were off searching for four-leaf clovers. About an hour since the start, they got bored, and they began to weave flower crowns from the forest flowers around them.

They had a wonderful picnic lunch with steamed Eelaconda steaks with mashed potatoes and when they were taking away the dishes, they saw it. A single four-leaf clover, sitting alone among the bright crimson flowers.

4