Chapter 3 Wolf or a Dog
92 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Summon!"

It was the moment I thought so. The card glowed thinly and disappeared from my hand as a particle of light. Then, as the light particles scattered in the air and drew a magic circle in the air, a big wolf jumped out of it.

"Seriously, there it is! Oh, it's a wolf!”

As expected, I couldn't help but be surprised. I couldn't believe I hadn't been scared out of my wits.

“It's really powerful.”

‘Don't worry. The monster you call from the card is completely obedient to you. If you tell it to fight, it will continue to fight; if you tell it to die, it will die. Use it well.’

"Oh, yeah."

This big wolf that looks like it could be a lion obeys me completely? Seriously?

"Oh, sit."

“Gow.”

“Down.”

“Gow.”

“Bam.”

“Gow.”

Oh man, it was really total submission. I mimicked shooting him with my gun and he just fell down on the spot. It was kind of cute.

‘The other thing to note is that summoned monsters are basically permanent summons. They continue to exist until they die. Also, if it's a living creature, it needs to feed and sleep. You have to be careful about that. You'll need less than a normal creature, though.’

"Okay. I'll be careful."

‘Well, even if you die, you'll just go back to the card. I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that. And since it would be a pity to throw it out like this, I'll give you this.’

Immediately after Sel Enon's words, something fell in front of me. I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but it's a good idea.

"A backpack?"

It was a plain dark green backpack. It was a plain, dark green backpack with a string closure instead of a zipper. It might be more appropriate to call it a backpack.

‘It has three days' worth of food and water in it.’

“Just three days?”

‘Yes. So hang in there, okay?’

“Can we wait a little longer? Ten days, at least.”

‘No, thanks. Good luck with that.’

It was a voice that said, "Three days, ....... That means we have to reach the human village in three days. Or we'll have to find some way to get food.

Fortunately, I've been given a body that is immune to poison and disease, so I should be able to eat some of the grass and mushrooms around here and stave off hunger. I don't want to do that if I can help it.

‘I don't want to do it, but I'll give you this for a great service.’

“What is it? A card?"

A card appears in front of me. It's a gorgeously bound card with a gold border. The illustration shows a picture of a fairy with six beautiful wings.

“This is ...... Lemuria .......”

‘Yes. It's your favorite card, isn't it?’

“Yeah, it's the card that got me into MMM.”

I bought this LR card in my first pack and wanted to make it stronger.

To be honest, it wasn't the best LR card, and people called it a crappy LR, but I kept using it.

‘But I kept using it. "Great service. I'll put that card in the deck for you. It's been reshuffled, so I don't even know how many cards are in it.’

“What? Serenon doesn't know either?”

‘ It's more interesting if you don't know, isn't it? ’

That was it. That was God.

‘I have one last gift for you. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Cat? ’

“What? I'm more of a dog person. ......? Present?”

‘ I'll give you a pet so you won't be lonely. ’

A pet? You're not talking about a dog, are you? I don't know. Or a wolf, since you answered (Dog)?

It's a great way to make sure you're getting the most out of your money.

"Whoa! What is it?"

And when the light subsided, I saw something moving in front of me. No, it's not something, it's a person, right? But I'm not sure if I can call it a person.

It was a little girl with dog ears, and she was rubbing her eyes, as if the light was too bright.

"Mmm, it's so bright!”

She looked to be about five or six years old, but her speech was fluent. He had brown dog ears growing out of his brown short cut.

It was called a beastman. It was an odd shape, different from a normal human being, but I didn't feel any sense of repulsion because of its cute appearance. In fact, I felt like I wanted to pet her head.

‘By all means, take good care of her.’

"No, pet?"

It's got ears, but it's a beast, okay?  Isn't it a person? She's a pet. ...... He's a complete criminal, isn't he? I don't want to get caught, okay?

‘I don't want to get caught. I'm not going to get caught. I can do all the housework, but I'm not much of a fighter. Well, I'm stronger than I look, so I won't be too much of a liability, I hope?’

"Hey! The last word! Why the question mark?”

‘Well, enjoy this world and look at the last page of your binder. I've written down a test for you. You'll be able to redeem card packs by accumulating points from these trials. Well, the rest is just trial and error! ‘

"Wait! I've got a lot to say!"

I can't complain or thank you enough.

‘ I've got to apologize for one last thing. I know I said it was a world of swords and sorcery, but you can't use the magic or qigong techniques of this world. There's no point in practicing. ’

“Hey! Hey, wait a minute!”

‘you have the power, I gave you, so please do your best with that power alone. Bai bai’

‘ I'm not sure what to do with it! ‘

Hey! Hey!

"......."

He dropped the bomb at the end!  You can't use magic? That's bullshit!  You're giving me back my excitement and gratitude!


4