Chapter 4: The Many Colors of Wahoo.
74 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five minutes after Sel Enon said all he had to say and left.

"So, Waff is the spirit of the deck case?"

"Yes, she is!"

"And she' s good at housework and chores.

"I'm at your service!"

I was sitting on a tree stump, conversing with Wuff.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I'm not the only one who's a bit of a jerk. Because she is a spirit, she can speak more fluently than she looks.

And perhaps because of her unrealistic appearance, I was able to converse with her normally, even though I'm not good at interacting with people. I thought that Sel Enon was running a game, so I treated her with a high level of tension from the start, and we were able to talk just like that.

It's a little annoying that they're so energetic, but surprisingly I don't mind these energetic and silly kid. I'm sure that she' s not a little girl as her appearance suggests, because she is a spirit.

However, they are said to have very little combat power, so they would be useless as guards. It might not be a mistake to call it a pet frame, as Sel Enon said. ......

"By the way, what about Wuff's diet?".

"I'm a healthy daredevil!"

"Oh, yeah."

I have enough food for a few days, don't worry!

Wahu turns her back to me and shows me the backpack she was carrying. It seems that there is food inside. He also said that he had some simple cooking utensils, salt and other seasonings, and sewing tools.

I also just noticed that the wuff seems to have a tail. There was a hole in the bottom of the dress, through which a curly brown Shiba Inu-style tail was peeking out. In case you're wondering, Wuff is wearing a green one-piece tunic.

"And if you ever meet another human being, you're not allowed to call me Lord, are all right?"

" But why not?"

"Because if I let a little girl call me Lord, I'll definitely get arrested."

I'd call the cops.

"That's all right! There are countries in this world that have slavery! All you have to do is tell them that the waffle is the master's slave!"

"A man who enslaves a dog-eared little girl and makes her call him master is definitely a pervert, right?"

He might not get arrested, but he'll probably be certified as a pedophile.

"Is that a no?"

"......"

Wuff is making cooing puppy noises and looking up at me with her moist eyes. That's not fair! You can't say no to such a cuteness and protectiveness pose!

"...... Not no, okay?"

"Yes! That's the Lord!"

I can't wait to meet people, but I think I might be a little scared to meet them. ......

"Huh. ....... So, now that we know about the waffle, let's verify the card."

"I'm looking forward to it!"

I checked my cards for now. When did I draw a card? I guess it's because I used a gray wolf.

The wolf is lying face down on the ground, with a wuff on its back. The two seem to be on good terms.

"Mimic torrent, gray wolf, pack wolf, life restoration, spell mark of physical enhancement, and necklace of green earth."

But he couldn't do anything about it now because he had no magic power. The back of his right hand also showed 0. He said he would recover at midnight, so he would have to stay with one person, one spirit and one animal until tomorrow.

In a world of swords and sorcery, it's not surprising that there are so-called magical creatures. Or rather, I'm going to act on the assumption that there are. If we run into them out of the blue and panic, it could be fatal.

Where do we go from here, though?"

In the forest, I couldn't even tell north, south, east, or west. I don't know which way is safest and where the people are.

I don't even know how strong you are.

Gau?

Hmm. Nice touch.

The fact that she' s obedient is a bright spot. No, wait. I got a backpack from Sel Enon. It looks like a larger version of the backpack that Wuff is carrying.

It's not like it's filled with rocks when you open it up, is it? I'm afraid that Sel Enon's guy would really do it. ......

Thank God, it's got water and food.

A wooden lunch box is in the box. I'm not sure what to make of it. The expiration date is three days from now. In other words, you can't keep it for a long time. The contents were the usual bento. Three hamburger bento, three fried bento, and three ginger-yaki bento.

The rest was water in a bottle. In addition, there are some small gadgets in the box. A knife, a small pot, a torch, a thin blanket, a beige furoshiki (wrapping cloth), a flint stone, a leather water bottle, and so on. Many of the items seemed to be useful.

"Do you have a change of clothes, ......?"

"Lord, your robe is enchanted to remove dirt and odor quickly, so there is no need for a change of clothes."

"I knew it was a magic robe. What else does it do?"

"That's it?"

"Oh, yes, ......."

I heard that it wasn't actually a super magic tool with tremendous power. Well, it's Sel Enon.

Also, there were two books in the box. One was a beginner's edition of a wildflower encyclopedia, and the other was an edible magical beast encyclopedia for the Mars continent. Looking inside, I found information on edible grasses and creatures. This is useful!

I think I can survive for a few days with this. But there's one thing that's bothering me.

"Hexenbiests."

I knew they existed. I don't want to meet one if I can help it. ......

Rustle!

I put the food back in my backpack and put it on my back. Just after I put the food back in my backpack and put it on my back, I heard a rustling in the bushes behind me. What is it? Is it a hexenbiest? No, no, it doesn't look that big. It must be a rabbit or something, right? What?

Then, out of the bushes came a group of ugly creatures that looked nothing like rabbits.

Gau?"

They were bipedal dogs, dressed in dirty brown fur. But they were not cute at all. Its eyes were sunken in and drool was dripping from its mouth. It was about 120 centimeters tall. As far as I could see from his hungry, glazed eyes, I didn't think we would get along.

"Wha, are you a relative of Wuff's or something?"

Excuse me! Not at all! Lord! I'm a Kobold!

Kobolds, of course!

It's just that it's a lot uglier than the MMM Kobold. The MMM Kobold has a cute appearance, like a Shiba Inu or Beagle. Apparently, even if they are the same kind of monster, their appearance could be quite different between MMM and Cranacrem.

"Gagaw!"

"Gah-woo!"

Oh shit no, they found me. They're raising a club and they're totally trying to kill me!

Shit, I'm gonna have to do this!

3