Chapter 5 Abilitys
115 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gagaw!" 

"Gowan!" 

"Gawwn!" 

Three bloodshot-eyed Kobolds jumped at us, waving their wooden sticks in the air. 

No questions asked! 

"Lord! Keep up the good work!" 

Wuff hid behind me as fast as she could. I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'm sure it's a good idea. 

"Yeah! Go away!" 

I immediately picked up a stone at my feet and threw it at the kobold. 

"Gah!" 

Miraculously, a stone hit the head of the lead Kobold. It seemed to have hit with a lot of force, and blood seeped into Kobold's forehead, causing him to let out a faint scream. But that was all. It seemed to have made him even more angry than he already was, and he came at me with a hateful expression. 

"Oh, wolf! Help me!" 

"Gau!" 

The gray wolf immediately reacted to my words and jumped towards the kobold. Okay, okay, I'm going too. 

If it was a Kobold, I might be able to get away with the knife in my backpack. 

It was supposed to be... 

"Oooooh!" 

The gray wolf, who had quickly bitten down three Kobolds, was shouting in victory. 

"Huh?" 

"?!!!" 

The kobold's wooden stick will definitely hit the gray wolf, didn't it? It must have taken some damage. And yet it wasn't knocked down? 

I checked the other Gray Wolf card in my hand. 

Gray Wolf Monster: Beast  Green 1 2/1 C 

Green 1 is the cost. It means it needs 1 all-purpose or green magic power. The last C is the rarity. 

The 2/1 written in front of it is the ability value, 2 being the attack power and 1 being the life force. 

To make it simple in the game, if a 1/3 and a 2/1 monster were to fight, the 1/3 monster would be able to reduce the life force of the 2/1 monster by 1, but the 2/1 monster would not be able to reduce the life force of the 1/3 monster, so only the 1/3 monster would survive. 

If a 2/1 and a 1/1 fight, they will go toe-to-toe. 

And in the MMM world, a Kobold is usually a 1/1 ability value.

"But when I think about it, there's no way the life force of that little Kobold and this big wolf are the same."

Even if they have the same ability value in MMM, there will probably be a difference if you compare them in the real world. There could be differences in attack power and stubbornness even between 1/1 monsters. 

There could be differences in attack power and toughness, or more likely, individual differences in the same monster. 

Still, it's a pleasant miscalculation that this wolf is so strong. If I can hide until tomorrow when my magic power is up and call out another one, I won't have to be afraid of Kobolds. 

As I was thinking about this, the binder suddenly materialized. 

"What? What is it? It's glowing." 

What's going on? 

"Lord, you're glowing." 

"Yeah. Waffen. Can't you see what's happening?" 

"I don't know!" 

"Oh, I see. " 

She's a card case genie, but she doesn't know anything about cards. Well, I guess Sel Enon didn't give it to her. Reason?  It's probably more interesting that way anyway, or something like that. 

I open the binder with trepidation. Then I saw the last page shining brightly. It was the page that Sel Enon had said contained the trials and tribulations. I hadn't been able to check it because of the Kobold's appearance. ...... 

On the page, there were twenty things that were supposed to be trials.

Summon 1 monster: 1 point 

Summon 3 monsters: universal magic 1 

Summon 5 monsters: 1 point 

Defeat a certain number of monsters 1: Universal Magic 1 

Defeat a certain number of monsters 2: 1 point 

Defeat a certain number of monsters 3: Universal Magic 1 

Spend 1 day in Krenakrem: universal magic 1 

Spend 10 days in Krenakrem: 1 point 

Build a fire and make a bonfire: 1 point 

Make tools out of wood: 1 point 

Use stone to make tools: 1 point 

Make tools from magical beast materials: 1 point 

Hunting and eating meat on our own: 1 point 

Picking and eating fruit: 1 point 

Find food under the ground and eat it: 1 point 

Catching and eating fish: 1 point 

Gather plants and eat them: 1 point 

Cook 3 dishes with ingredients from this world: 1 point 

Gaining a base: 1 universal magic power 

Discover a river: 1 universal magic power.

I wonder if it's meant for beginners. The trials are pretty easy. Among them, the items "Defeat a certain number of monsters 1" and "Defeat a certain number of monsters 2" shine. 

In addition, in the remarks section at the bottom of the page, the item "Defeat a certain number of Kobolds 1: Universal Magic Power 1" appeared. 

It seems that by defeating the Kobolds now, I've accomplished multiple trials. It seems that even if the monster you summoned defeats it, it still counts as an achievement. Moreover, it seems that there are hidden trials like defeating Kobolds in addition to the ones listed. 

Wasn't the gray wolf treated as a single monster summon? Well, it was a tutorial of sorts, so I had no choice.

 

At any rate, I touched the glowing items and heard an Robotic voice in my head saying, "You have confirmed the trials." 

Did I get some kind of points for this? I checked the first page of the binder and saw that I had 1 card point. 

The cheapest card packs cost 10 points, so I still have a long way to go. However, there was something more exciting than that. To my surprise, the magic power displayed on the back of my right hand had increased from 0 to 2. 

It seems that if you do the trials, not only do you get points, but you also accumulate magic power. I guess I'll have to be proactive and do the trials. 

When I checked again, new trials were displayed instead of "Defeat a certain number of monsters 1" and "Defeat a certain number of monsters 2". 

Defeat a certain number of monsters 3: Universal Magic Power 1 

Defeat a certain number of monsters 4: Points 1 

It seems that the constant number of monsters destroyed 3 doesn't mean three, but the third of that ordeal. It's hard to know the exact number, but it can't be helped. 

"Oh? There's still something showing outside the column?"

In the place where it said "Kobolds destroyed 1" earlier, it now says "Would you like to draw a reward?" is now written. A reward? Let's just touch it. 

As soon as I touched the item, a large number of cards appeared in the air. 50 or so cards were floating in a circle. The cards were face down, so I couldn't see the contents. I tried to peek at them from the side, but the illustrations were too dark and blur to see. 

As I watched, the card began to spin in front of me like a roulette wheel. 

"Please stop the roulette." 

Was it really roulette? I fearfully touched the card that kept spinning. Then, only the card I touched remained in place, and the others disappeared. 

The cards are sucked into the binder. It seems to have been automatically stored. 

"Let's see, now the card is ...... Kobold Explorers." 

It seems to be the reward for defeating the Kobold. The Kobold of Krenakrem and the Kobold of MMM are very different in appearance, but the reward you get is the Kobold card of MMM. Well, I can't use it right now. 

Kobold Explorers Monster: Kobold 

Red 2 1/1 

Monsters that attack with it cannot be blocked. 

I wonder what happens to this ability. MMM is a game where the objective is to attack your opponent with monsters and remove their life points. However, the attacker can also use monsters to block, rather than just being attacked. Of course, the attacker can also specify the monster to be attacked, so the key to the game is how to reduce the number of monsters in the attacker's defense. 

The Kobold explorer also has the ability to make his fellow monsters unblockable. But how do you describe being unblockable in our world? Ignore the opponent's armor? Or can you fool the eyes of your enemy's? 

When I thought about this, I remembered the Kobold explorer setting on the official MMM website. 

One of the reasons I was hooked on MMM was the fact that every card had its own detailed setting, and MMM was based on a fictional world of heroes, and the characters and tools that appeared in the world appeared as cards. Therefore, every card has a role in the story and a detailed background. 

On the official website, all of these settings are available to the public, and I loved looking at them. 

In the setting, it was written that the Kobold explorer was an eccentric member of the Kobold tribe, wandering from place to place. He could then use the various loopholes he discovered during his explorations to lead his companions to enemy hideouts or behind enemy lines. 

I guess that's what gives him the ability to be unblockable. 

"Yes, but I don't know." 

I wonder if he knows his way around or has some other ability. If so, it would be useful in this world. 

"What's that?" 

"Would a waffle know?" 

I asked Wuff about my own question. But Wuff shook her head fully. 

"I'm sorry, sir. I don't know. ......" 

I guess she doesn't know anything about cards. 

"No, it's fine. I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that." 

I'll look forward to it when I can summon it. 

"I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what to do with it"

3