Chapter 2: A Normal Transportation (2)
241 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry it took so long to release a new chapter. Im an amateur author, so it may take up to 4-7 days for a new chapter. Also I haven't really been able to edit this to well, so please forgive me. Ill try to edit this on a later date. Also please go ahead to post any grammatical errors you notice. Well that's all. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

 

Chapter 2: A Normal Transportation (2)

 

“Mom it’s too early for this… I don’t want to get up. Its summer break, so why do I have to wake up so early… please close the curtains” Caleb said while rolling around on a bed refusing to open his eyes. Caleb pulled the blanket over his head as he hid from the sun.

 

“Anyways mom, you won’t believe it, I had this really funny dream where I was in this medieval castle surrounded by a bunch of weirdos in a hood. There was also this princess girl that was so hottt. Oh yeah, there were also these two knights which almost killed me. Really what a weird dream right? I wonder what inspired it, I don’t remember watching any medieval films recently...” Caleb said from underneath the blanket. “Mom, you going to say anything?” Caleb asked hearing that there was no response from his mother, who would usually berate him for being lazy. 

 

Caleb quickly opened his eyes and peeked his head out of his blanket to check why his mother hadn’t responded. As soon as he saw the room he knew something was off… Large wooden doors, a stone wall, …. Magical looking flying lanterns? “What the actual frick, where is this place?”

Caleb thought, as he quickly ran over to an open window to try to figure out where his location was.  “...” Caleb looked in awe at the surrounding scenery. He saw a long line of brown wagons coming in through a stone gate, and large mountains looming far in the distance. He saw a large forest, with an ocean of trees stretching as far as the eye could see. 

 

“So it wasn’t a dream, this is all real. Goddamit. Where the hell actually am I? Why the frick are they using wagons pulled by horses? This is so wack” Caleb said as he scratched his head while trying to figure out where exactly he was. “Well, first of all, I have to escape this goddamn dungeon or whatever this place is,” Caleb said in fear as he remembered that he had almost died the day before. 


Caleb decided that he had to escape from all these crazy lunatics before he ended up dead. Caleb pressed his ear against the door to check if anyone was outside of the door, and he ended up hearing two voices that were talking to each other. 

 

“Wait, Kyle, is the man in this room actually the hero that is supposed to save us? I heard from the others that he’s super weak.” the first voice said.

 

“Yeah, he is. I was in the room in which he was summoned. He’s at most at the strength of a lvl 5 monster. If I’m completely honest Allen, I think we’re pretty much already doomed…” the second voice said, before becoming quiet.

 

“Welcome your majesty,” both voices said in harmony, as the door started to open. Caleb seeing the opening door quickly backed up and ran to hide behind the door. 

 

“Please keep up the good work.” the princess said to the knights, as she entered Caleb’s room. The princess looked at the empty room before saying out loud, “Hero, we’re not your enemy... We need your help hero in order to save this kingdom and defeat the demon queen.” 

 

“What the hell is she saying? Demon queens? Heros? Kingdoms? She’s insane… I really do need to get out of this crazy place.” Caleb thought to himself, as he stood up looking at the princess.

 

“How do I know I can trust you? What if you’re planning on using me as a sacrifice??” he said. 

 

“Well I would have already killed you if I had wanted, but I didn’t. Instead of executing you when you fainted, I allowed you to stay in the royal guest room, in which only other royalty are allowed to stay. So based on that I believe you can trust me.” the princess responded, as she stared at Caleb, who returned a nervous gaze. 

 

“You are all crazy, talking about fantasy like its real. Magic and Demons. Those don’t exis-..”Caleb said before quickly covering his mouth and watching the princess, expecting her to pull out a knife and stab him. “Shit I can’t believe I said that I'm going to die now aren’t I? I just called these maniacs crazy..” he thought, as his heart rate started to quickly rise.

 

“Oh, so where you came from doesn’t have magic, Hero?” she said as she snapped her fingers causing a large fire to rise up above her finger.“Well, if this isn’t magic, then what is it?” the princess said as she looked at Caleb who had fallen over in shock, due to the fire popping into existence.

 

“...No way. How is this possible… I-I can’t believe this…” he said in awe and shock as he continued to stare at the fire.

 

Seeing Caleb’s reaction the princess laughed a bit before saying, “Well now do you believe me now, Hero?” 

Caleb sighed as he said, “Yeah, I do, but I need a bit of time.”

 

“Yeah, take your time, Hero ” she said as she exited the room. Caleb walked over to his bed and laid down, trying to contemplate what had just happened. 

 

“Princess, Demon Queens, Lvl, Princess... This isn’t a setup, I really have got summoned to a different world. This scenario really does remind me of one of those generic Isekai novels that have been floating around the on the internet recently……. Wait, I’ve become Isekai’d in real life haven't I?”

Caleb asked him, as started to unconsciously scratch his head as he continued to think and analyze his scenario. While thinking, he felt sleepiness wash over him, and before he knew, he was asleep. 

 

“Caleb, Caleb wake up. Please. No...” a voice said. Caleb tried to move his body to see where the voice was coming from, but he couldn’t move his body.

He felt his body becoming colder by the second, and he slowly lost consciousness. “Don’t leave me, please. Caleb, remember all the joyful times we had together,” the voice continued to say, then Caleb felt a hand touch his face, and water droplets on his cheek, but soon he felt nothing. 

 

Then all of a sudden, he heard a voice, “Hero, the royal wants to meet with you. Please get up!” Caleb opened his eyes and quickly sat up, he put his hand on his cheek as he felt tears stream down his face. He sat there for a moment in a daze before wiping his face and getting up. “What’s going one…” he thought. 

 

“Hero please come over here and change into these, Hero,” the voice said. Caleb looked over to find the owner of the voice and he saw an old butler, that was standing in front of a large closet with clothes in his arms.

 


“Yes please give me a second,” he said as he walked over to the man. 

“So how do I put these on?”

“Don’t worry this old servant will help you, hero,” the old man said, as he quickly started to take off Caleb’s clothe. Calebs face instantly flushed red as he said, “What are you doing? I can do this myself.” he said in embarrassment, as he started to take off his clothes. 

 

Thirty minutes later, Caleb stood in front of a mirror, as he continued to stare at himself. He was wearing extravagant clothes and his black hair which was previously in a mess was styled up. Caleb sighed as he tried to move around in the uncomfortable clothes. “Hero, please follow me now, to meet the royal family,” he said.

 

When Caleb arrived at the royal court and kneeled down before the king. “Greetings your majesty. 

“Hero you may rise. In here you and I are of equal status.” the king said.

Caleb stood up and looked up at the king, “So why did you call me here your majesty?”

 

The king responded “There is no need to rush hero, let us first introduce ourselves. I am King Joseph Augustine the III the current ruler of the Blamus Kingdom. You can just call me Joseph. My daughter Princess Kayla Augustine is fated to become the next ruler of this kingdom. Now hero, how about you introduce yourself?”


“I am Caleb Aaron. Now then can we get to the main point?” he asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice. 

The king then said, “Well, hero our kingdom has been facing a crisis for the past few years due to the uprising of a new demon queen. The demon army has been attacking our borders for a few years and has been pushing us back. We fear that at this rate, we will completely be destroyed. So hero please go and slay the evil demon queen and save our kingdom.” 


As soon as Caleb heard all of this he felt a terrible headache coming on. “So this proves it… I really have been isekai’d into a different world with one of those generic plots… This is such a large pain in the ass” he thought as he frowned. 

 

“Please hero, we need your help!” the king said after having seen Caleb's reaction.

 

“Fine, fine, I’ll help you and your kingdom out,” Caleb said. The king smiled after having heard Caleb’s answer. 

 

“Hero, Good luck, we will try to help you out as much as possible,” the king said. Caleb then left the courtroom and then walked back to his room with the butler who led the way. Caleb quickly changed back into more comfortable clothes, then he headed to the library to do some research on the kingdom

 

Caleb spent all day at the library not moving from his seat. Eventually Caleb felt drowsiness wash over him, as he fell asleep on the library table. “Damn the history is even the same as one of those generic isekais. Every time a demon monarch rises up, a hero always comes and defeats him. And the cycle continues...” he thought while stretching.

 

Caleb then walked back to his room and started to get his plan in order to defeat the demon queen. First, he would leave the castle to train and in doing so, he would eventually gather subordinates, as long as he ran toward conflict. Then he could go and defeat the demon queen, and chill for the rest of his life. 

 

“Well let's get this annoyance over with.” he thought. Caleb started to wander the halls of the castle. While he was walking around, he saw the princess who was sitting around in the garden. When he saw her the scene of him calling her crazy started to replay in his head. He watched her for a bit longer before finally getting the courage to go and talk to her. 

 

As he walked towards her time, seemed to slow down as butterflies moved around in his stomach. “... Um.. Hello Princess.” he said akwardly.

“Oh, hello Caleb. So what brings you here?” she said while smiling. 

“Umm, well you see. I came to apologize for the time I called you crazy… I'm very sorry,” he said while quickly bowing down. 

“Its fine Caleb. It's understandable. Just being taken from your old world and thrown into an unknown world.” she said.

“Well now that’s all cleared up, I decided I want to leave today and go on a journey to defeat the demon queen,” he said.

“Well then, I wish you the best of luck.” As Caleb turned to leave, he felt a light kiss on his cheek. When he turned around to look at the princess, he saw that she was looking at some flowers. He then akwardly left the garden, as he went to the front gate, where his gear was waiting. 

When the princess saw that Caleb had left she let out a slight laugh, before turning her gaze to the faraway mountains and saying, “He sure is an interesting one. This should be fun to watch.”

 

Caleb picked up his gear and behind him, he heard the king waving goodbye along with along with many of his subordinates.  Caleb smiled as he pulled out his map and started walking towards the first town.

 

3