CH-11 Guo family, Wu prefecture
409 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhang reappeared in his own room, he raised his head to look at his surroundings and found that he had returned to his own apartment back on earth.

After returning, he looked for his J badge and found it stuck on his chest, 

He took the badge off of his chest and put it on the table.

Whatever he had experienced today had given him a huge impact, 

He needed some time to relax himself, so he took off his clothes and went to take a shower,

Tonight he was planning on researching his cheat.

 

On a certain courtyard of a big household,....unknown to the people living there,

 A human sized portal appeared and from the portal came out two people.

After both people were transported, the portal disappeared leaving them there.

Looking at his surroundings an Old man with a long white beard asked in confusion " Where are we? "

" This is the backyard of my house,....it seems like we got transported here together "

Said an orange haired man.

Yes they both were Daoist Po and Guo nine....recently joined members of the Martial palace.

Hearing his reply Daoist Po realised something.

" Though we have signed a contract stating that I would have to protect your family for three years,

I could have just come here after making some preparations, right? Why did we get transported here together?"

" I don't know ". Guo nine was confused as well.

Just as they were adjusting to the atmosphere there, they both heard some disturbance from the inside.

Hearing the disturbance, some realisation dawned on their faces.

They both looked at each other and after a while Nine waived his right hand and said" Please" 

" Don't worry since , I have signed a contract I would fulfil my job and you don't forget yours as well "

Saying this they both went inside together.

Inside the household, you could see many rooms, they all looked exquisite.

 There were many rooms in the household.

There were rooms for Alchemy, Cultivation, treasures and a Main hall where important meetings took place.

There were also rooms for house servants, caretakers, guards, guards captain, elder and patriarch rooms etc.

 Inside the main hall you could see many people discussing something,

The people there could be categorised into two groups, one group looked like they were being threatened or forced, their people looked oppressed and sad while the other party looked like they were dominating their opposite group.

The weak group had an Old man as the leader, he was currently speaking with the leader of the other group.

The leader of the strong group looked young as compared to the old man, but the old man was very cautious around him.

" Elder Gu, I am sorry but we can't really accept your offer, asking for the rights to use our spiritual caves is too much" said the old man politely.

Hearing the reply, Elder Gu was not disappointed, he even expected this kind of reaction from him,

So he said in an comforting manner

" Elder Mo, I am saying this for your own family's benefit, since your only aurora core cultivator died, your Family won't have the same prestigious position as you had back then.....

Right now what your family needs is not spiritual caves or other resources, you don't have the strength to protect it, what you need is protection from a strong party,

 Otherwise you would keep getting bullied by the other families in the city.

My Wei family is strong enough to protect your family from others since we have two aurora core cultivators.

We will give you protection in exchange for giving us the right to use your Spiritual caves.

 Just think about it, your family is not losing anything from this deal,....in addition "

This time Elder Gu came a bit closer to elder Mo, so that others won't be able to hear him.

" It seems like you are still stuck on the seventh level of the Foundation establishment realm, even after so many years. If you agree to this deal, then we could help you in breaking through to the next level with our reso.."

Before he could complete his sentence, Elder Mo politely rejected him.

" Listen Elder Gu, I can't make any major decisions regarding our Family, only the current patriarch nine can make a decision, so I would have to reject your offer. Speak with our patriarch" 

Hearing this kind of reply, Elder Gu got a bit irritated, but he didn't flare up and calmly said

" So be it.... let me talk with your patriarch...where is he anyway? "

" He should be in the courtyard cultivating,....someone go bring our patriarch" said Elder Mo calmly, but inside he was nervous.

The current patriarch of the Guo family is the son of the previous aurora core expert of the family.

 Our young master never took cultivation seriously and always enjoyed life drinking and sleeping with girls.

Only when the previous patriarch forced him did he start cultivation,....but it was too late.

 Young master could only cultivate upto 7 stages of the qi cultivation before the patriarch died.

We don't have any strong experts to protect our family, our only hope now is if the Amber sect helped us, but the Probability of that happening is very slim.

Even if they did help through chance.....then our family would have to become vessels for the Amber sect.

Elder Gu only hoped that the young master would mature and start cultivating seriously after his father's death.

After receiving the order, a servant was about to go out when suddenly the door to the court room was pushed open and two people came inside.

Everyone's eyes focused on the two people,

They saw their current patriarch Guo nine coming together with an old man by his side.

"Master Guo "

They were happy seeing their master's presence and everyone of them got some kind of confidence boost which helped to reduce their previously exhibited weak aura.

Now they were more confident,

" Greetings to the patriarch " said everyone from the Guo family's side.

After looking at Guo nine, Elder Mo got shocked because he noticed that his aura looked stronger than before.

'It seems he broke through to eight realm of qi cultivation.....but he had just achieved a breakthrough six days ago, how can he break through so early again?....and this old man...he could sense a profound aura around him, that felt even stronger than their previous patriarch...hm... who is he?' Elder Mo was thinking all this when his thought process got disrupted by a voice.

" Greetings patriarch Nine, I am elder Gu from the Wei family,....today I have come here in the hopes of making a deal with your Guo family. Do you mind if I dictate the deal? ".It was Elder Gu.

He knew about Guo nine's reputation.....he was a wastrel, he thought that he could somehow fool him to sign the deal.

Guo nine had just entered the main hall, when he heard Elder Gu's voice and thought....what kind of deal? 

He got curious. " What kind of deal is it with elder Gu?.. can you tell me the details " 

Elder Gu heard the reply and got elated thinking that he would force him to sign the deal using psychological tactics, so he told him about the details of the deal.

After hearing about the deal Guo nine subconsciously raised his right eyebrow and said

" Aren't you just trying to take advantage of us? what deal?....you guys are just planning to slowly absorb us into your family,... even an idiot could tell "

For a moment everything became silent...nobody knew what to say....

Wow he is so blunt in saying all this right in front of their faces....

" cough cough...no, patriarch nine...., although we are kind of taking an advantage...but it is also beneficial to your family as well, just... think... about....."

He was just about to use some Psychological tactics by bringing up their weakness, when he saw the old man beside Guo nine suddenly releasing his pressure.

The moment the old man released his pressure, everyone present felt suffocated, they couldn't breathe,

Some weak ones even fell on their knees.

An aurora core expert!!! Everyone had the same thought.

What!!? an aurora core cultivator was present in the Guo household!!!? Elder Gu got shocked,

Before he could say anything, he heard the old man speak.

" Old man, you don't have to worry about the Guo family anymore because I Daoist Po, 

a friend of the previous master of the Guo family came here to become an elder of the Guo family,

So, you don't have to worry about the protection of our Guo family....just go home " he waved his beard while saying this.

What?...a friend of the previous master of the Guo family?...Daoist Po?... just go home? and who are you calling an old man?.... aren't you the oldest looking person here in this room?

When everyone were confused, Guo nine solved their confusion

" Everyone....meet Daoist Po, he was just an insignificant wandering cultivator when he met my father and somehow they became acquainted, which led them to become friends, now that my father is dead.....he came here to protect our Guo family on behalf of my Father "

They both had already planned all this while coming here.

After hearing this explanation, everyone more or less accepted it, what else can they do? tell him that he is lying and send him back?... but then who will protect our Guo family?

 

Elder Gu's face was as pale as a white sheet of paper, he looked troubled and anxious for a moment, before he calmed down and became his usual self again and said.

" Since, Guo family has an aurora core protector, then naturally we don't need to make a deal,

Please understand, although we came here to take advantage, we were sincere in protecting your family after the deal was signed." After saying this Elder Gu took out something from his ring.

He pulled out 2 big sacs from his ring and put them on the floor.

" These are 100 thousand spiritual stones,...take it as an apology for our previous arrogance,

We hope that this incident won't cause a dent in our family's relationship "after saying this he became silent.

Guo nine thought that this Elder Gu was quite a smart guy, so he told the servants to take these two sacs to the treasure room.

The two servants carrying the sacs were breathing excitedly while holding the sacs, it was their first time holding onto so many spiritual stones!!!.

After they left, Guo nine said " Don't worry Elder Gu we won't take it to heart, since you have already apologized, we won't make things complicated....you can go home" After saying this He and Daoist Po both left. 

He wasn't planning on making enemies right now, he was planning to become stronger first, and then think about taking revenge.

After they left, elder Gu looked at elder Mo and congratulated him with a shining smile and left with his group.

Seeing his smile, elder Mo would haven been disgusted before, but now for some reason he was happy,

He didn't know that Master Guo had such a strong friend.

 He was a bit cautious at first, but he could sense his sincerety in protecting Guo family, so he didn't mind,...young master also seems to have matured after his father died....it seems like with the help of this Daoist Po and Young master nine our Guo family would soon reach new heights.

 

Outside, Elder Gu was walking with his group, and the surrounding people were saluting them while they were walking.

Elder Gu was silent throughout their journey, after they reached their household, Elder Mo directly went to see the Patriarch.

The Wei household looked more grand and majestic than the Guo family's, there was a courtyard with beautiful decorations, servants were patrolling the house.....some children could be seen running around in the courtyard playing. Sun was hovering above them, giving them sunlight.

Overall the Wei family looked peaceful and tranquil.....

In the main hall of the Wei household, Elder Gu could be seen explaining something to a good looking middle aged man dressed in a black coloured cultivation robe,.... his name was Wei Chang and he was the Patriarch of the Wei family situated in the Wu prefecture of the Bu kingdom.

 He was a genuine eight stage Aurora core cultivator, right now he was carefully listening to elder Gu,

After he finished listening he directly said,

" Since Guo family has an Aurora core expert, that too someone that could actually be stronger than the previous Patriarch,....no matter how suspicious it is, we have to stop all plans regarding Guo family....you did a good thing there trying to mend our relationship by giving away spirit stones, don't worry you will be compensated by the family for your loss today ". he said

After hearing this Elder Gu was relieved and cupped his fist while saying

" Thank you patriarch Wei, I just have the interest of the Wei family in mind.

Now that we have stopped all operations regarding the Guo family, what should we do? "he asked.

" We will try to better our relationship with them.. what else?, go tell everyone in the family to act nice towards Guo family members from now onwards "

 

After a few days of the incident at the Guo family, the news that an Aurora core expert appeared to protect Guo family and became their elder spread like a wildfire around the whole Wu prefecture.

This shocking news put a stop to many forces in the prefecture eyeing their family.

14