Ch-16 Value of kindness.
372 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bha tian was quite nervous inside, afterall she was conversing with two powerful people, especially the blank face judge who easily defeated the powerful female cultivator beside him.

She was just looking around the place when she noticed the two and by chance heard the conversation between the two and picked up the phrase ' Place with low level cultivators and normal people '.

She had heard from her village people that her Neng county was a poor area, but there were also many low level cultivators there, either wandering or residents.

There were also no sects in the area, only some families dominated the county.

She could help Mr. No face in selling the items for protection.

Zhang saw the woman, ' She looks like someone from a village….what does she want?'

Bha tian looked like a typical poor villager who only ever suffered in her life, but her body language betrayed her look, she looked active and excited as if she was a young and happy person.

Her eyes were not dull and cold like a person who is suffering from hardships and depression,

Instead her eyes looked like a young girl's with a charming glow.

' The palace voice said that there would also be normal people in this place, so she should be a normal person as evident through her complexion and poor clothes.

She must have been suffering in her life, but now that she had gotten an opportunity to cultivate, she must be excited and eager to change her life ' he actually empathized and felt pity for her, he had a soft spot for old people.

Qing fa got curious" How can you help?"

Bha tian was waiting for this question, so she answered.

" Esteemed cultivators, actually I heard of your problems and I know a place far away on the outskirts of the great Du kingdom, there is a county named Neng county in that place which is a place for low level cultivators. There aren't any sects in the area; only some families rule the county. As a coincidence, I live in a village of that county named Neru village. If esteemed cultivators want, then I can help you to sell the items in that county."

Zhang thought about it " Let's say, we make a deal….then what would you want in return?"

Bha tian honestly told them about her situation in the village and said " I just want a way to cultivate….I dare not ask to be yours disciple..but please give me your guidance in cultivation"

After listening to her account, Zhang was contemplating...he actually wanted to help her, afterall he felt that she had lived a very dull and cruel life till now and felt pity towards her.

' I can actually help her in giving guidance, since I have the knowledge in these jade slips'

He looked at the jade slips containing a lot of information and thought.

' There is a problem though, if these torch lights are useful, then there is a high chance that she will get attacked by some cultivators out of greed or jealousy, after the torch lights become famous in the area ' 

He was about to mention this problem, when Qing fa suddenly asked.

" If the items get famous, then some people would try to snatch away your business and may even try to kill you. How will you protect yourself then? "

Hearing the question Bha tian was confused and asked " Won't I start cultivation by then? Why would others want to kill an esteemed cultivator? " She asked this in a very innocent manner, as if she really was confused about it.

Qing fa and Zhang face palmed themselves, how they wish to bang their heads against a wall.

After some time, Qing fa sighed….and explained to Bha tian everything about the dangers of cultivation and how they actually are in reality.

After Bhatian listened to the detailed explanation of Qing fa, she almost fainted.

This was first time that she was hearing about the world of cultivation and realised that cultivators are not superior beings or anything else, they are just like normal humans,

Fighting for power, for authority and even killing their own loved ones for some profit.

Cultivators are not as great as she expected, she realised that only power decides your fate in cultivation.

Bha tian got depressed and afraid after listening to all that explanation, she thought that after starting cultivation, she could live happily and soar to the heavens, but the reality gave her a tight slap in the face…..

Bha tian didn't know what to do now ' I can't protect myself from others so how can I even sell these unique things to others?What should I do?...' 

Although the cultivation world did not meet her expectations and even disappointed her, she knew that it was the only way to make hers and her daughter's life comfortable.

She did not want to lose this opportunity.

Zhang noticed the change of expression on her and felt pity for her, he was the same as her, a normal person, he thought ' The only difference between us is that, I have some kind of cheat and she doesn't, otherwise I would be the same as her….'

He kind of wanted to help her because he felt guilty having it easy, while others were having a hard time here.

Qing fa was actually processing whether the deal could somehow work out between them.

When the three were quietly thinking something, someone was approaching them.

All three of them saw a big shadow appearing behind them, they turned around and saw a big muscular guy approaching.

Zhang recognised the guy. It was the same guy who was staring at him when he first got here.

He got curious and thought ' what does this guy want? '.

The Muscular guy was Weng.

 After reaching a close distance, he greeted the three of them and said.

" Hello fellow members and esteemed judge, my name is Weng. I kind of heard your conversation and wanted to make a deal with you"

Zhang got a weird feeling ' First was Bha tian and now this Weng guy also heard our conversation…..is it so easy to hear our conversation?....Next time I have to choose a safe place and even converse in a hushed tone to make a deal! '

Bha tian was curiously looking at Weng.

Qing fa raised her right eyebrow and asked " what kind of deal do you want to make Mr Weng? "

Weng straightforwardly said " I want a place to hide, a scarce and peaceful place. I think her village and county is a good place to cultivate peacefully without any disturbance "

Qing fa became alert and asked "....why do you want a hiding place? If you want to make a deal, then you have to tell us your reason, we want to check whether it is dangerous "

Zhang agreed with Qing fa, he didn't want to help a psychopathic criminal who kills people for fun and is being chased by some strong forces.

Weng's face had some hesitation but he still told them the reason why he wanted to hide.

After hearing that he had killed some experts of the Du kingdom and the kingdom was chasing him for that, Qing fa wanted to refuse the deal and Bha tian was afraid.

 Zhang was wondering why Weng killed their experts? He thought ' there has to be a reason right? Maybe some kind of hatred?' So, he asked about it.

Weng didn't hide anything and told them why he killed their experts and how he wanted revenge and said.

" I am just a bandit in name, I don't go around looting every caravan on the street and only ever looted from kingdom's that I don't like " he said this because he wanted them to know that he was not some ruthless low class bandit with only brute force and no brain. He wanted them to know that he was a civilized person.

 

After hearing his story, Qing fa loosened up her tightened eyebrows and Bha tian felt sympathetic towards Weng and some kind of hatred for the king of Du kingdom took root inside of her. She thought ' Why did the king have to destroy his family, when they have already surrendered and became vassals for his kingdom? '

Zhang suddenly stood up and moved towards Weng.

Seeing his sudden movement, all three of them got alert.

Weng was afraid, but he soon realised that Zhang was trying to do a handshake with him.

He also raised his hand and both of them shook hands, Weng was confused after that.

Suddenly they heard Mr No face saying something.

" Let's make a deal then all of us " Zhang was thinking something right now.

' This Weng guy has such a tragic past….. from his and Qing fa's description, this king of the Du kingdom seems like some kind of a villain and this Weng seems like a main character. I should make friends with him.'

Weng became a bit touched, he thought that it was a sign from Mr no face that he supports him. So, he bowed and replied " Thank you Mr no face, I will do my best ".

Qing fa wanted to say something before, but after seeing Mr no face move and shaking hands with Weng, she decided to keep her mouth shut, ' well since he already agrees, I don't have any problem '. She thought.

The three of them decided on the plan.

Zhang would give the items to Bha tian, she would try to sell the items in Neng county, while Weng would be protecting Bha tian and Qing fa would help in forging an identity for Weng, so that he can safely stay in Neng county, without being discovered. 

Qing fa would use her identity as the deputy sect master of the Tenzing to help in establishing a market in Neng county for Bha tian.

In this, Zhang would get 50 percent share of profits, Qing fa 30 percent , Bha tian 20 percent and Weng would be given a place to hide for protecting Bha tian.

Listening to the plan, Bha tian was very shocked because she knew that she was just an extra in this deal, she was not even required.

' Mr Weng alone could sell these items, I am not even required. ' she thought.

Even though she wasn't needed, she was still getting a 20 percent profit with cultivation guidance from an esteemed judge…..she was getting too much for doing almost nothing.

She was cautious and afraid about this.

After they discussed the deal Weng looked towards Bha tian and said " Well let's take care of each other in Neng county " with a fierce looking smile.

Bha tian hesitated for a bit but finally asked " Esteemed sir, I don't think I am even needed here, you alone can sell these things…."

Hearing this question, Weng thought for a while and said,

" Nah..I don't like selling things, it is boring, I just want to cultivate peacefully. You are of course needed for the sales afterall you look harmless and sweet, while I look like a criminal who can murder someone in seconds. Buyers would like your presence more and even enemies would like you more. "

Qing fa also encouraged her by saying how Weng is so big and massive with a scary face,

He won't be able to sell anything with that face, which triggered Mr Weng a bit.

Mr no face also agreed with her, which silenced Mr Weng.

Finally, all three of them looked at her and said " Here sign the contract "

For a moment…..Bha tian didn't know what to say, she was thinking.

' I thought…..they were making some plots to use me by giving me such benefits in the deal.'

Now she realised after looking at their faces and expression ' It is true that I don't have any role in it, I am just an extra any other person can be chosen to be in my place.'

She looked at their actions and felt a weird feeling bubbling inside of her, a strange feeling that she had never felt in her life.

' They are just trying to help me...' she had enough experience to tell, when someone was genuinely helping her or if they had any ulterior motive.

Through their expression, she knew that they were just showing kindness.

Kindness.….something that she had never received.

She remembered how she was always overworked in her ex-husband's house and other wives would just stare at her without helping, even though they knew that she was stressed and exhausted.

She remembered, when her father died almost nobody cared about her father, some people just came to advise not leaving her ex-husband and most only came to see if they could get their hands on her father's property.

Nobody showed her kindness ever…..it was only her who gave kindness but didn't get any.

While thinking all this, she realised that her eyes got a bit watery and touched her face to find out that she was crying.

Crying…..it was something that she always did in her life, which one day made her eyes completely dried up and she could not cry after that.

Although she was crying it was a different kind of crying.

Right now she was crying because she was happy, not sad.

' I didn't know that a different kind of crying ever existed….it is so pleasant... ' she thought.

In the past, she was dull like a dead person, she was never happy with her life.

It was only after being able to come here did her dullness disappear.

Now she had hope….something which she never had before.

Right now,she was sobbing in a silent manner....

' So this is what…. kindness feels like…..' she thought and bowed to all three of them in silence.

Looking at her like this, Qing fa and Weng didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, Zhang moved forward and stood in front of Bha tian.

He helped her to stand up and said.

" Let's sign the deal Miss Bha tian and from now on don't call me esteemed judge but Mr no face." while showing her the contract.

Bha tian could only agree and sign the contract, she tried to stop crying but couldn't stop her tears from falling.

She was releasing all her pent up tensions and frustrations from the past.

 

Qing fa looked at Zhang and thought ' It seems, Mr no face is a very modest person as evident through how he treats everyone equally, even normal people....'.

She had not seen Mr no face ever being arrogant, 'it seems like he is a carefree and a loving person.' Qing thought.

Weng was also thinking the same seeing his actions. 'Even after being so powerful he can still treat others with basic respect'.

This incident had increased the level of respect they had for Mr no face by many notches.

They had always noticed that although some powerful people would also be kind and carefree around other weak people, they would still treat others like how old people treat young teenagers, with no equality.

They noticed that Mr no face was very different from other powerful people, it seemed like he was more greater and had almost no ego in him, which made him a very lovable person to them.

Zhang was actually happy as well helping someone.

Till now, there were many things that he had learned in life, but the one thing that made him very intrigued was helping and showing kindness to others if you can.

As a child his father used to tell him many stories.

One of the stories that he used to hear was about how one day his father gave some food to a random beggar on the street. The beggar was very grateful and started crying right in front of his father.

His father didn't take it too seriously at the time, thinking the beggar was just happy to get some food.

After some months, his father got fired from his company and was depressed. He was just taking a stroll when he saw someone approaching him.

The guy told him that he was the beggar that his father had given food to some months ago.

The guy told him " that was the darkest and most depressing phase of my life, I did not know what to do anymore and was going to suicide, when you suddenly showed up and gave me some food. I felt like someone really cared for me….I felt warm."

It seems that a small incident like that had given the man a warmth that he had not felt for a long time.

After the incident, the man started working hard and got rid of his depressing thoughts.

Now, he got a job and settled down.

After hearing the man's words, his father got inspired and also got rid of his depressing thoughts after being fired.

They became friends and after some time his father also got a job.

Although it was a simple story, it still greatly helped Zhang in his teenage years, when he used to get depressed almost every other day either due to school or his social life.

12