Ch-18 Secret power and the mysterious layer
323 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhang ergou was thinking about the talent grade information from the jade slips.

He linked the information with earth's common sense and derived ' Lew-level talent would be like a disabled person trying to do sports which is rare, mid-level talent would be an average person trying to do sports, he/she could become a professional after some years of training and experience in any kind of sport, high level talent would be like a person having a physical advantage for most sports and top talent grade would be like a sports prodigy.

The information also said that talent does not actually determine everything about someone's future. 

Even if someone had high level talent but low resources then he/she may never reach their true potential.

Qing fa herself had Mid-level talent but due to her hard work and rich resources, she was able to cross her talent limit which is upto Nascent soul and breakthrough to the spiritual transformation realm.

As for martial artist, technically it is the same with absorption speed of martial qi but the thing about martial arts is that, people with even low level cultivation talent can practise martial arts to reach at least at the strength level of Nascent soul realm which is martial master, but it would take forever to reach these strength level for low level talents, unless they are met with a fortuitous encounter.

Low level talent is below average, mid level talent is the most normal, high level is above average better than average normal people and top level is some prodigy level talent.

Right now, Zhang was wondering whether he would have a low level talent, as he had read that most main characters in the novels never got good enough talent.

He was curious, so he bid the three farewell and went towards a scarce area.

After finally reaching the place, he directly asked the palace voice to inspect his talent for cultivation.

Suddenly some liquid water started covering his whole body, and he realised that he was suffocating.

After a while, the water liquid left and he got freed.

"Gasp! Gasp! Huuuuu" he started breathing heavily.

The palace voice gave him the information directly inside his head.

" Name: Zhang ergou, Sex: Male, Cultivation talent: highlevel, Martial talent: high level

  Could reach at least spiritual transformation realm and martial king in his life, Spiritual root: Origin, Status: Currently covered with the World's aura."

' What? High grade talent in both paths? Wow!! I am so lucky!.... But what is this world aura and spiritual root origin? '

' Is it something related to my cheating power? ' Zhang was confused, so he asked.

" Sir, can you tell me something about this world aura and what is this spiritual root origin ?".

He got no no response…

'Sigh...at least tell me something'

Since the voice wasn't telling him anything, he left it for now.

' oh yeah….I have to test my secret power as well'.

Thinking of this, he went towards the direction of Weng.

Weng was just thinking about doing a mission when he noticed Mr No Face approaching him.

After he reached close enough, Zhang asked Weng to hit him with normal mortal strength.

' Huh.??what? Hit you but why? I don't want to.' thought Weng.

Zhang explained " It is for some experiment regarding your world's power system ".

Weng could only helplessly suppress his strength to a normal person and attack him.

" Whoosh...bam!!" A strong fist hit Zhang ergou, even though the strength behind that attack was suppressed, the force was still strong enough to generate some wind force in the surroundings.

Weng realised that his fist was stopped by a hand....Zhang stopped his attack with his hand.

He also realised that his nascent soul strength was slowly being sealed by some force.

Weng panicked and immediately released his fist and subconsciously tried running away, but he heard Zhang say something which calmed him down.

" Don't worry it was just an experiment, though why are you trying to run away? "

Weng heard his question and said " So, that's what it was…...actually I was panicked when my powers were getting sealed by you ".

'Huh….his powers were getting sealed?....So is this the use of my power?'.

He realised that this time, his body wasn't moving on its own, but he was the one who subconsciously raised his right hand to stop the attack, he could move his body this time.

' hm….this is interesting' he got some kind of clue from that incident,he wanted to test out his theory.

" Mr Weng hit me again but this time using qi cultivation strength." If his theory was correct,then he could find a way to control his power.

Weng was confused but he still followed his instruction and attacked him using qi cultivation strength.

" Boom!!" This time the attack was even more stronger but again the attack was blocked by Zhang's hand and Weng was having his powers sealed, this time Weng was more composed,but no matter how he tried to remain calm he still felt dread and fear.

' There is no way I can remain composed in this kind of situation, it is very scary to have my powers sealed like that. I wonder what kind of power Mr No face has? Is it to seal anyone's power or destroy someone's whole cultivated realm?.....if this is his power, then it is the scariest power that I have ever seen…..'

This time Zhang was not able to move his body, it moved on its own.

`` Huuuuu...my theory was correct, I can't control my power if someone stronger attacks me.

   The First time, Weng used a normal person's strength to attack me, so I could move my

    body, but this time, Weng used strength that surpasses normal people which also 

    surpasses my current strength, so I couldn't move my body this time. The more strong I am     

    The more control I will have over my body and power' thought Zhang.

Weng was wondering what Mr No face was experimenting with, but he didn't ask about it, since he did not want to annoy Mr No face.

Zhang was happy after knowing more about his power, so he directly said " Mr Weng, it seems my experiment was quite fruitful because of your help, if you have any problems in the future, you can ask for my help, though don't ask for something impossible, I am not some omniscient person."

' huh….what!!! Wow, I didn't expect to get an unexpected benefit from a powerful existence for almost doing nothing' Weng was naturally happy.

" Thank you Mr No face, I will ask for your help if I ever need it.'' He wasn't an idiot to ask for something impossible from Mr No face, he knew that everyone had limits. He decided to use his favour if someone super strong attacks him and there is no way out for him.

Zhang now immediately wanted to start cultivatation, he was excited to try out his high grade talent in cultivation.

He looked towards Bha tian, she was currently speaking with Qing fa.

Zhang approached them and told Bha tian to try cultivating here in this place.

Qing fa was naturally shocked and interested in knowing whether people could cultivate in this place.

Bha tian was excited to try cultivating, Qing fa gave her a spiritual stone, so she was just about to try absorbing the spiritual qi with the method told by Qing fa, when suddenly almost everyone in the palace heard a voice.

" If someone wants to cultivate in this place then they can cultivate in the special cultivation rooms of the Martial palace freely till the end of the meeting. If someone wants to continue cultivating then the person would have to pay an equivalent exchange for the amount of time the person is going to stay. For other important information, you can directly find out by trying the cultivation rooms." Said the palace voice.

After hearing about the cultivation almost everyone was excited, they were curious to find out how efficient the cultivation rooms of the martial palace were going to be, since they could sense a very dense and pure amount of energy in their surroundings. Nobody knew if it was Qi or elementals, the energy was very different.

Bha tian decided to use a cultivation room and suddenly disappeared from her position including Qing fa, Weng , Bufang, General Luo, Feng shu etc.

Zhang also immediately chose to use a cultivation room and disappeared from his place.

Everyone found themselves inside a small hut with the same surroundings that Guo nine was in. An oil lamp, a wooden table and a door made of wood etc.

Nobody wasted any time and started their absorption of energy.

They were elated to find out that the energy they were absorbing was the energy that they were cultivating in.

Martial qi for martial artists, spiritual qi for cultivators, elemental energy for magical cultivators and other other energies.

Zhang ergou, was currently inside a hut, he was absorbing the spiritual qi from the surroundings.

He realised that his absorbing efficiency was very fast and almost lost his control.

It was his first time cultivating, so he was a bit nervous at first, but after he started doing it,

He felt very refreshed and good. 

The absorbed spiritual qi was gathering and nourishing his whole body.

After some time, "Pusss…." A sound was heard. It seems like he became a qi cultivator level 1!!!.

" Woah….it is so fast!!" Zhang was shocked to see this kind of efficiency.

He also realised that he could somehow feel a weird otherworldly aura around his body.

He couldn't see it but could feel it and also could feel some kind of connection with it.

He realised that he could control a very small part of the aura surrounding his body.

',hm...I am a qi cultivator now, so does that mean I can control my cheating power upto some extent like maybe I can now control my body if someone in qi cultivation attacks me'.

He would test this later, but for now he started cultivating.

Bu fang was in his room absorbing elements and trying to mix it.

To his shock he found out that it was much easier to do so here than in the Wuhan continent.

He could see himself breaking through to advanced level rank 8 in at least 10 years, if he kept cultivating here!!!.

In the Wuhan continent he was not even sure whether he would breakthrough in 150 years and currently he was 500 years in age.

People in his level could live up to at least 1000 years.

Feng shu was startled when she realised that she was already reaching close to level 6 of transcendence realm!.

General Luo was the most shocked, he almost got a heart attack. He seriously thought.

' Exactly what is this place…..I have come very close to the peak level of martial saint….'

 

In a dark looking place filled with dist and weird insects, a space shift happened and a portal appeared through which came out an old person with a long white beard.

The old man was Daoist Po, he was still not used to travelling in space, so he was a bit dizzy.

After adjusting himself, he looked at his surroundings and became disgusted by it.

There was a foul stench, there was the smell of faeces, urine, blood, dead bodies, insects all mixed together!!.

It prompted Daoist Po to vomit, after he vomited a bit and felt a bit better, he started walking towards a certain direction given by the palace voice. " What is this hell of a lair? ".

Daoist Po saw many fire sticks attached to the sides of the wall and many skeletons of different sizes scattered around the road. ' Man...this is so creepy...just what is this place?

Is this some kind of jail' Daoist Po was creeped out by the lair.

' I should just ignore it and move forward' He decided to move forward without looking anywhere else.

After walking a certain distance he saw a big room, inside the room were many different types of things.

' This should be the room that the voice told me to find'. He went inside and started searching for the seal that he saw on the mission paper, his mission was to find that seal and bring it back.

While he was searching he heard a sound coming from outside the door.

A weird looking monster came inside and started to inspect the place.

The monster had four eyes on his face with a razor-like mouth, it's body was as big as a professional wrestler.

The monster was taking a bit too long to inspect which made Daoist Po anxious, his instinct told him that the longer he stayed in this place the more likely he would die!.

The monster seems to have noticed something, it moved it's head towards a certain corner of the room where Daoist Po was hiding and kept staring at it without moving an inch.

The atmosphere was very eerie with the monster just standing and looking in a certain direction.

After a while, the monster started moving towards that direction and stopped near it.

The monster suddenly attacked the place where Daoist Po was hiding!!.

"Pang!! Boom!!" The place was destroyed but the person that the monster was looking for wasn't there.

Suddenly, Daoist Po appeared behind the monster and attacked!! " Flaming slash!!"

He didn't want to create a disturbance and alert the master of the layer, he wanted to kill the monster without making any sound, so he didn't use any destructive attack.

His hand transformed into a sword with fire properties.

"Shiiing!!..." The attack hit the monster and it got beheaded.

"Pak" the body fell down and its head kept rolling until it stopped.

" Huuuuuu….thank heaven and earth" said Daoist Po, he was very stressed during the attack.

' At least I killed without alerting anyone…'.

He was about to go search for the seal, when suddenly he heard a laughing sound of a female.

He turned his head slowly, albeit with fear and saw the head that was on the ground facing his direction and laughing creepily "I...found... you ".

12