13. Morning Routine
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 : Morning Routine

Lucius awoke to the sound of a series of knocks. One after the other, they initially formed the pattern of unrelated sounds, before divulging into a musical demonstration. In a daze he instinctively reached out his hand and checked the time on his RoleK watch which he had laid on his bedside table. Before coming to terms that it was eight in the morning, Lucius calculated just how much he had slept…

A perfect 9 hours, sufficient enough for his synapses to function at optimal capacity, and just in time for breakfast.

Turning to look around, he saw his fellow roommate meditating on the floor, his expression giving off the impression that he was deep in a haze. While not completely oblivious to the eccentric ways elves found rest, he hadn’t witnessed such an occurrence for quite some time. Not since when his mother was still around.

Being the half-elf that he was, he remained unable to enter the same trance that other full elves would.

“Would you please open the door Harux?” Lucius mumbled, yawning as he spoke.

Within the span of a second of Lucius saying his name, Harux’s subconscious recognized his call. Graceful yet swift, he rolled forward out of his position, got up and opened the door in one swift spectacular fashion. Only to be greeted by none other than a grinning Azama, his eccentric outfit on full display as per the norm.

“Well well, I hope you two sleepyheads had a good night.” Azama said, his arms spread wide open, in a posture one would assume to be preparation for a hug.

Had it not been for the deadpan eye and still pause of Harux’s body as he displayed visible confusion, Azama would have carried on with his hug, but alas, the 0.5 seconds in which he had time to consider why he was here in the first place, gave more than ample time to gain clarity.

His arms, then immediately locked themselves into place by his sides. For some reason, his impression of friendliness seemed to die down somewhat. Perhaps it was the tension in his body, or the glare in his eye, regardless, it was present, and the two students in the room felt it.

“Now, would I be able to talk to both of you?”

The comment directed towards both of the students was done so with a smile and tip of his hat.

“Could you please give us twenty minutes to get ready?” Lucius called out from his bed whilst scrolling through his emails on his phone.

“Ahhhh, yes. Then I shall wait here until you two are in pristine condition.” Azama answered before exiting the room, bowing as he promptly shut the door behind him.

Adopting his usual morning routine, Lucius rose with speed from his bed to enact it.

While it could no doubt be accomplished in due time and leisure, making a habit out of conserving time was by no means a bad thing either.

Beginning the day with a quick cleansing, Lucius undressed, and carefully stepped into the shower. His selection of premium gels and lotions on display, each of them had been allocated their own small compartment and space.

A result of his ‘letter of recommendation’ wherein he suggested what to be bought in advance and where they ought to be put, it was an act done for the purpose of utility. All so that he may have packed extra and fit additional goods in the few luggages he was intent on bringing. Much to his satisfaction, he eyed the separate shampoo and body wash, as one would an intricate work of art.

He never did quite get why the masses had chosen the option of a 2 in 1 product instead of just relying on separate, more effective ones, the surcharge was so minor after all that it made no difference.

How awful, he thought, as he could only assume Harux would have been a fervid connoisseur of one of those dreadful ‘top to toe’ wish washes. With a sigh, the millionaire then began his routine journey in the shower. While he doubted that the shower head here would have even begun to compare to the one in his house, (of which was a universal all directional one made from Elvish platinum and covered with a black enamel finish), he was still content with the Crilandese gold and white enamel that had taken its place. Usually, Lucius would then necessitate the use and contemplation of much more things, such as his morning routine and special lotions; it could be reckoned that those would not be essential to the flow here, and hence would be better fitted to appear in a story arc more exclusive to him.

Done, Lucius turned off the water, and exited. Drying his body, he then furnished himself in his usual attire. Consisting of an impeccable black suit with a white collared shirt, a black tie and polished black leather shoes, he was one step short of completion.

Awaiting his final touch, he neatly combed his black hair before equipping one of his many expensive watches to his wrist. Now finished with his morning routine, he left the room and locked the door behind him, joining Harux and Azama who were waiting for him outside.

On the instant that he left the room, his demeanour changed to encompass his socialite personality. His movements, no longer nudged with an ounce of carelessness or joviality, now moved with precision and finesse. If only they knew the shocking efficiency of which he had performed his routine with.

Now no longer fatigued from his sleep and with more time to observe his surroundings. Lucius just noticed that Azama had equipped a fedora in place of his top hat this time, an interesting but albeit insignificant detail, he wondered to what end would Azama’s taste in fashion encompass.

As a businessman, one must always have a keen eye for these things, every speck of detail could prove to be advantageous after all, in both monetary and other departments.

Their eccentric teacher then led the two to the cafeteria for breakfast in silence.

1