1
282 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Man can be chained, but he cannot be domesticated." - Robert A. Heinlein

 Feeling the dry, flimsy page against his skin, he flipped the page delicately with no success. He watches the page crumble down onto its overlaying mess. 

But he remained unmoved. 

And continue his reading. His healthy look contradicts his messy and dirty surrounding. His walls are ink-black while his floor is stained with oil. The only thing standing out is the yellow pages and his pale skin. 

The only thing that matches is his aura. His dark blue eyes looked lifeless as they scanned the yellow pages. His dishevelled jet black hair, stained clothes and torn pants showed how little he cared. 

Despite this darkness, he was in inner peace. 

Silent, dark, and alone. But he doesn't mind.

Unfortunately, not for long. He raised his head slightly and looked at his steel door. 

There was a glow of excitement in his eye, but his body remained unmoved. He just sat there patiently.

A few seconds later, footsteps can finally be heard. Up until outside of his steel door. Before a knock on the door could be heard, he called out, 

"Father?" 

He received an immediate reply, and stood up to open up the door with ease. The one stood in front of him, is a bald old man with a bushy moustache. To him, he is his father, but formally, he is called by the name of Doctor Garaki. 

"Is it that time, already? Father?" 

"Yes, Ichiji. Come and see your new brother." 

Dr Garaki with his height was only able to pat Ichiji's sides before walking off. The black-haired man, tailed behind, saying nothing, though his eyes were showing more and more happiness. 

Walking through the dark hallway, only Doctor Garaki's gushing could be heard. As they walk further in, they found a peculiar creature, a creature with dark skin, big round eyes and an exposed brain. Its body appears to be cut in half and had a cable for a tail. It had two limbs that wore a pair of lace-up shoes. 

This monstrosity, however, was called rather affectionately by Doctor Garaki and Ichiji. 

""Johnny."" 

The stupid looking monster showed no expression or wasn't able to, but it ran and jump toward his arm. Doctor Garaki looked at both of them and commented, "You two are close." And watched him pat the monster. While patting, Ichiji asked, 

"Same place, father?" 

"Yes." 

He nods in understanding before making the wall spiral into an abyss like the black hole, it is a warp gate. Together, all three of them went in, all with excitement but with different reasons.

....... 

In an open field, the warp was formed with all three of them walking out. It didn't take a second for Ichiji to realize that they are not alone, but not surprised, as a few meters away is a big creature with similar features to Johnny. Dark skin, big round eyes and an exposed brain. 

The only difference is that it is more complete than Johnny with a full muscular and big body. Ichiji smiled slightly and asked, 

"Is he?" 

"Yes, he's your new brother." 

The thing was interactive and stand still against the wind. Though it is normal behaviour. Among the brothers, Ichiji and another one behave differently from the others. 

Doctor Garaki ordered Ichiji to stay in place before running off toward it. Ichiji could object or not listen to the order but he did, always. And he's happy with that as he let Johnny down, who proceeds to run around him, and look at his surrounding. 

He's been here countless times, for a variety of task, but the same image of the flowing trees, grass, and blue sky always enlighten him. 

"If only there's more to this world."

 I'dhiji muttered slowly as he remembered the book he was reading. It was a very old history book about the earth. 

"Ichiji!" 

"Yes, father?" 

He briskly walks toward the old man. The old man was all smiles and said to Ichiji, 

"I need one more check, so can you fight with this guy for a bit, apparently, we're going to waste this guy on some child. But an order is an order, so we need to perform well." 

He nodded and looked at the thing. His 188 cm tall stature is nothing compared to the thing's 220 cm. But no hint of fear was on his face. 

He looked down at his hands, there were stitches here and there and an obvious skin colour different and clenched it. But before he can go any further, Doctor Garaki warned firmly, 

"Don't tear him apart as you did with the others. Ichiji, you may be my first child, but I won't allow you to kill this one. All of you Nomus are masterpiece and children to me, it will make me sad to see any of you go." 

Ichiji nod and focused again. Clenching his fist, warmth starts to envelop his body. And his body begin to grow

10