13
52 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ichiji pulls back his murderous aura, releasing Dabi from a second of extreme anxiety. Dabi for the first time in a long time felt that he should control himself now and watch his words. Even his stoic face was slightly filled with worry.

Ichiji ignores his state and calls out to Stain quickly. He already notices that the robot duo was still conscious.

Once he attracts Stain attention, Ichiji signal with his hand to knock them out. Stain clocked it and watch their movement if any. He looks at the armour carefully, for some sort of weak point. In the end, he just did a powerful and quick stomp to their head. Of course after taking the blade of his boots.

He can hear a slight crack on the helmet other than that nothing. It did not do much damage, but the impact should be enough for them to be knocked out.

Stain was prepared to kill them when Shuyo voice out his thoughts.

"Must you really?"

Shuyo didn't get a reply and walked up to the two bodies. He didn't know what they did or whether they are good or not, he just don't think they should be killed.

"Stain, how bad are these Heroes."

For Ichiji, this is his first time meeting Heroes. He expects this type of behaviour after listening to one of Stain's rambles. Though some are good like All Might, quite a bit are like this, not totting the image of Heroes at all.

He expresses his curiosity while pulling Dabi with him toward Stain. Ichiji doesn't oppose their death, but he wants it to be fair at least. Not all criminals deserve a death sentence.

"They are against All Might. Do I need more reason? They're the image of fakes that I was talking about."

"Hmm, Shuyo, do some research on these two guys, please. What is their name? Mr Todoroki?"

"Driller and Rapid."

"On it."

Dabi answer immediately, trying to control himself. Calling him Todoroki irked him, but what can he do? He thought he don't fear death but guessed he was wrong.

As Shuyo bring out his phone, Ichiji let go of Dabi's shoulder, in which he makes space immediately. Dabi stares at Ichiji, with blue flames on his finger.

But to his surprise, all three ignore him and were quite relaxed.

"Why shouldn't I kill them now?"

"What's the difference between and later when it comes to death. It'll happen anyway. The least we can do is make it fair. So don't."

"And why should I take order from you?"

"Don't know. It's not like I will stop you. I don't even know why you guys follow my order. We decide that there is no clear leader in the first place."

"....You are right, waiting later won't make a difference."

Stain put his blade back and crossed his arm. He grumbles under his breath, having a mental argument with himself. They were originally at equal footing, partners. But why is he treating him like a leader?

It makes sense for the Shounenkas to follow Ichiji. It was like that from the very beginning. No matter how Ichiji tries to say there is no clear leader, he is the one. That's the truth.

But why does he agree with it?

Dabi was baffled that they were able to have a conversation and act as if he didn't exist. He was annoyed to be treated as a weakling. But he picked up some information at least.

'They're a new group, since the hierarchy is a mess. But it seems that the blue-eyed guy is the leader. Make sense, he made me feel fear since a long time ago.'

Ichiji look at Dabi with a neutral look, and Dabi did the same. Their emotionless eyes clashed for a while until Ichiji asked, 

"So what do you think of these Heroes, Mr Todoroki."

"My name is Dabi." Dabi spat and glare with hatred at Ichiji who remain unmoved.

"Ah sorry then, I'll call you Dabi from now on."

Dabi hides his surprise and answers the previous question, 

"I agree with the Stain guy, they're a bunch of fakes."

"Hmm, I heard they stole your Guardian away, do you feel anything?"

"Guardian? What are you talking about?"

"Wow, you don't even see him as a guardian. Poor guy, though I did the same thing too."

Dabi knew who Ichiji was referring to, but he really didn't see that man any more than a tool. Dabi stops his flames, since they're not gonna fight, why bother having his flame ready just to burn his skin?

Ichiji continue, 

"Was he a good guy?"

"Hm, yeah he was pretty useful."

"I meant is he kind?"

"Yes, yes, he was kind."

Ichiji nod and turn toward Shuyo who has done some research. Shuyo didn't look comfortable as he put away his phone. Shuyo report that Driller and Rapid are small Heroes, that has been serving for 15 years, they were in debt due to their armour, drinks and gambling. Because of that, they weren't given a lot of commission and had to make ends meet by helping the police which they didn't do well, since they think highly of themselves and solve cases alone.

They are bottom-feeding pests.

Even Stain will agree to it. If he kill them, their death won't even make an impact. They were Heroes who simply fail at being Heroes.

"Are they bad people?"

"Uh, too simplify it, they're greedy drunkards."

"Family?"

"Uh, divorce and broken family."

Ichiji took a moment to digest it. They're not the worst, they're like child abusers in a world of killers. Usually, they should just retire them by crippling, but just in case, 

"Do you think they abuse their family?"

"Wha- I, uh, I don't know? It's private information."

Shuyo replies awkwardly with a stutter. Ichiji went silent. The remaining three just wait for Ichiji to make his decision. Dabi was curious.

After a minute, Ichiji took a deep breath and said to Stain, 

"Stain, kill them without destroying their Armour."

Stain and Dabi were calm with his words but Shuyo was shocked. Panicking, Shuyo instantly asked, 

"Why?"

"For the greater good."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN FOR THE GREATER GOOD?!?! They may not be the best, but they don't deserve it. And if they die, their debt will go to their families, how is that fair?!"

Shuyo sweatdrop. Ichiji just stares at the silver armour. Looking at some words and explain, 

"They had this debt for the last 15 years, their debt probably grows bigger each year. If we let them go, it will just grow bigger."

Ichiji pointed at the wording that could also be found on the gold, it was the date of their creation. Shuyo hold on to some hope and continue, 

"Then we can just cripple them."

"It has been 15 years, yet they don't see the fault in themselves and even felt superior over the police. What makes you think, they won't be worse? Being angry at the world maybe even abuse their families. It will be the same snowball effect for these guys, it will always be bad."

"But what if they turn over a new leaf?"

"I never claim to be perfect, if we cripple them, maybe they will. But in the end, we won't know, the most we can do is do our best."

Shuyo can't argue with that, but he hates it. How can he just accept this?

"Shuyo, we were never meant to be good. Just because we know the H.P.S.C is corrupt doesn't mean we should forget, many families out there are happy because of them, yet we plan to overthrow them. 

People will suffer when we do that, but people will also suffer if we do nothing. But we have to make a choice. And try our best to choose the right one.

Trust me, Shuyo."

"....Understood."

Ichiji nods at Stain, and with all his strength, he stabs his katana into the helmet and into their skull for both of them. Ichiji can only pat Shuyo's back to comfort him as he vomits.

After that, Shuyo was visibly down and ask to go back to the truck first. Ichiji asked Stain to comfort him and spread his elder wisdom. Ichiji felt killing was natural, what matter is that it is justified or for his benefits but Stain had once felt the same way as Shuyo did. That's why Ichiji leaves it to Stain.

And to leave him to talk to Dabi.

Once they were gone from sight, Ichiji begin with the two bodies as their witness.

"I'm sure you can tell what our goal is as an Organisation."

"What? Overthrowing basically the government and change the Society?" Dabi chuckled.

"Yeah, that's our goal. But if you have your own, we can help too."

"In return, you want me to join you guys."

"Yes."

"Eh, you sure, I'm not as powerful as Endeavour, you know?"

"So? Endeavour is Endeavour. And you are you. I do not care if you are family, because the only thing that adds to your worth is your ability, not your family name. You decide your own worth, not others.

I do not need you to prove yourself to me, I see what I see. I have not seen you in action, but I know, your blue flame is hotter than the flame of hell of Endeavour. 

Having you on our side were certainly make things easier."

Dabi put a hand against his head. Before laughing maniacally under the strange gaze of Ichiji. After his laughing fit, he calms down.

"You, yes you can help me achieve my goal."

"Go on then."

Remembering his life that flashes before his eyes before. Remembering his father and his youngest brother.

"I would like to be the strongest Todoroki in history."

With no hesitation, Ichiji reached for a handshake, 

"Pleasure working with you Dabi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know he acts slightly out of character, but I need to remind you, he actually gain some sanity out of fear. So he has a bit of difference now.

3