Chapter-1 the Average Player… 2/3
42 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damian watched as his army stood proud within his camera's field of view, at least what the camera could fit anyway, the army consists of 200 [ V-1 MMFC-Tank ] AKA Variant-1 Mechanized Medium Frontal Combat-Tank and 700 [ ASF-Infantry ] as well as 100 [ AATT-Vehicle ] AKA Anti Air Troop Transport-Vehicle.

the Variant-1 MMFC-Tanks had the body of an Abrams Tank, while having the head closely resembling the a hybrid between a Tiger-2 Tank and an T-90 Tank, the tank's size being only an story tall with its length being 18 feet while its width is 13 feet, the skirt of the tank covered nearly all traces of the wheels giving only three inches of space as it protects the treads and wheels necessary for it to move, the body of the tank also barely had enough space between it and the ground with only a foot and a half of space, however that space is necessary for the tank's wheels to not stack up mud should it ever cross a muddy terrain.

the main cannon is 12 feet long with two one manned cannons placed on each side, the main cannon is a foot wide and a foot high about the size of your head, the round big enough to leave a permanent mark on any unfortunate foe the tank may come across, the two cannons on the sides are about two and a half feet long and have two inch holes that could fit anything smaller than a child's fist, however a child's fist wont be the one coming out from those two cannons, instead its an 2 and a half inch wide and a foot long armor piercing round that will be going through any enemy that has a skull thick enough not to differentiate between a winning and a losing situation.

though the tank is a behemoth, it is very much capable of reaching speeds of 135 miles per hour if the ground was not rough, the tank is also built so that recoil could barely produce any smoke nor make the tank shake, the tank is also built for direct hence the frontal combat part, heat seeking missiles are useless since the tank's top automatic turret could just shoot the missile out of the sky before it could even reach its target, also the tank has a manned turret at the front part of the body in case to clear out groups of mixed infantry or just light vehicles.

the two turrets on the top of the tank's turret and on the front of the body have an inch wide hole, every gun or vehicle have armor piercing rounds, may it be infantry, tanks, jets, turrets, ships, or even missiles, though missiles don't actually have turrets since they are used to destroy targets by self destructing, but even though this may make sense to you Damian is playing a strategy game, so the units barely miss, they don't need anything to function, and they also have infinite ammo.

the AATT-Vehicle posses a body of your average troop transport with a turret on top, the troop transport is smaller compared to the Variant-1 MMFC-Tank being 13 feet and 3 inches in length and 9 feet and 4 inches in width with its height being only eleven feet, the main cannon is 2 and a half inches wide just like the two cannons on the Variant-1 MMFC-Tank however the cannon is far longer, about 14 feet and is built to produce less recoil, but for some reason its actually faster at shooting than assault rifles or the modern mini guns.

its built to even cross deep rivers, lakes, muddy and rocky terrains you name it, however it cannot fly nor cross an entire ocean, rather it just floats that is until there's a leak, the AATT-Vehicle is not made to take damage but rather to deal damage especially to aircraft and infantry, and any other light armored vehicles but since this is the modern era there is no chance that any tank can put much of a fight against this single troop transport, let alone two or more.

the troop transport has a maximum capacity of 24 people, but for claustrophobic reasons there should be about 16 no more no less, the troop transport is capable of reaching 170 miles per hour, literally an armored sports car, that is if the path is straight and smooth, and if its rough the troop transport is all terrain, it will probably be a bit bumpy but it can still remain just as fast and highly mobile.

though Damian already knew this since he read the description on the [ Light-Factory ] which can build any light and medium ground and amphibious units, except for helicopters and jets which are built at the [ Air-Base ] which create the air units mentioned, it is also capable of being its own base, every building has its own defense system, from walls, bridges, roads and especially buildings.

the [ Air-Base ] has its own defenses such as two artillery cannons on two sides of the base that can shred enemy armor and packed infantry, it also has four anti-air turrets that are placed at each corner of the base to eliminate air competition for allied aircraft, the base also comes with eight turrets, two on each side, they are for destroying ay hostiles that come near the base just in case the artillery misses its targets.

the base provides healing for infantry and repair for aircraft, the airstrip is large enough to fit four military cargo planes 4/1o larger their size, each having their own hanger, but if its small jets then eight, two for each hanger, the base is fairly small for its size, about the size of two and a half football fields in length and a single football field in width.

however Damian did not build it yet so his base is still rather small, about the size of a town, even though the base mostly has an empty defenseless inside the base neatly designed with fences, walls, gates and checkpoints, he is the type of guy to make his base look more like a base rather than a base built in a strategy game competition, the inner part of the base is littered with patrols, the one's on guards have every inch of ground covered each guards only four, ten to twenty feet away from each other, some even in groups of two, ten to twelve, that goes for the one's on patrol as well, the one's on patrols however come in a group of twenty to thirty, no one's escaping the place alive.

also remember that everything that can be built has its own defense system, the walls have mounted turrets inside each pillar that connects them, as well as an CCTV camera mounted on each one of those turrets which can detect stealth by the way, not that the modern era have already made cloaking that's just impossible unless we have smarter scientists, the fences also have this feature but more different, instead of a mounted turret and a CCTV camera they have electric wiring and an alarm system, pretty neat to ward off kids and superstitious people, damn end of the world fanatics, get off my lawn.

the gates and checkpoints have far more security, so much so that they almost look like they are meant to ward off a full battalion, the buildings defenses will be explained later or some other time, the point is that nearly nothing can pass this base, since when Damian started building he can decide whether to top the dirt with a two inch layer of metal or leave it be, which he left it be since it was unnecessary to waste resources on a cheap but a bit but not totally pointless build just to cover the dirt with metal just to make his base look a bit cooler.

little did he know how actually useful that cheap layer was, it grants the ability to let the player see any hostile and unknown unit below or above, it also prevents hostile vehicles from moving whether its highjacked or not and it also deals increasingly painful and incredible damage to hostile units above and below, even aircraft can be stunned, the pain stuns the hostile unit for capture making great for interrogations and for some juicy information, if left unchecked however, the stunned unit will meet a slow and painful demise.

Damian's base has two layers, the outer and inner layer, the outer layer mostly consists of base defenses and a few barracks and factories with only fences to prevent enemies to slip through, while the inner layer has minimal defenses and is packed full of buildings but is highly guarded by patrols with no place for sneak attacks or spies to slip through.

Damian's army faced one direction, north east towards Russia, although Damian didn't expect anyone seven helicopters were already one their way carrying teams of soldiers all armed with the latest gadgets the Russian army has developed over the years, the noise coming from the helicopters scared away the birds as they approached Damian's base high in the sky in broad daylight, not knowing that they are about to face an entire army that severely beat them in terms in numbers, guns and especially technology, as well as bullets.

Day-Time.

north of Mossaka, 59 miles away from the unidentified alien emergence.

the helicopters slowly touch down on an empty space near the hill as their passengers quickly got off and took the crates inside the helicopters, the soldiers dragged the crates containing equipment up the hill while the helicopters quickly departed and returned back to Russia, the soldiers dragged and positioned the crates on top of the hill while the rest of the soldiers took out camping equipment from their bags and made camp as the other soldiers opened the crates revealing complex communications equipment and a lot of cameras.

one crate however contained food and rations, along with medical equipment and ammunitions as well as guns, the soldiers positioned the cameras to face the direction where what they believed aliens were positioned, clearly it looked like there is nothing there, and Damian's base is enormous the buildings alone are massive, however Damian is smart, or maybe not really he made sure to not destroy the trees inside an outside the base so that his base looked more camouflaged, he liked the way that his base is filled with trees, he didn't want to destroy the cool environment even though its just a game, but even in a game once you destroy a tree, it won't grow back.

the trees in strategy games, especially in modern or futuristic games where trees are just there for you to knock down and have no literal value, they rarely or even not grow in those types of games, like grass, their just the environment, there for the scenery, but that's not the case in this game, in a few years a new tree will replace the old one, and if that's destroyed another will take its place, sadly Damian does not know this, he doesn't even know that he's about to meet an enemy, fortunately for him however, he's got an army, but unfortunately for him however, Russia also has an army, and so does America, and the rest of the world's nations.

the soldiers made their camp, the wind gently brushing over their clueless heads as they watched the jungle in front of them, nothing but the sounds of birds chirping and the wind blowing on the small red flag that they placed on top of their tents, most of the soldiers immediately went to their stations while the rest stood guard, some researchers dressed as soldiers looked towards the jungle as they looked closer with their binoculars, they looked deeper as they zoomed in, nothing but trees and vegetation, wildlife scattered across the jungle, they all put down their binoculars as a female researcher sighed as she is approached by a soldier.

Lieutenant-Demar: professor?

the researcher looked towards the soldier before looking back and sighing.

Professor-Sarah: shouldn't you be at your post lieutenant? I doubt that you'll be interested in research.

Lieutenant-Demar: huh, well, the President said there's aliens in the area, but I think he just wants us to take a vacation.

Sarah smirks as she took out a few pictures from her pocket, she looks at them closely before looking back at the jungle and keeping the pictures back inside her pocket.

Professor-Sarah: something is not right...

Lieutenant-Demar: hmm? what is it?

Demar tilts his head in confusion as he looks at Sarah before looking back at the jungle.

Professor-Sarah: you saw it right? there's supposed to be a small base right in front of us, but I see nothing.

Lieutenant-Demar: maybe its just further away?

Professor-Sarah: no... we are already near it, at this range we should be able to see a small building sticking out, but there's nothing... I tried to look closer but found only wild life.

Lieutenant-Demar: wildlife wildlife, why cant there be something interesting to happen.

Sarah used her binoculars to look deeper into the jungle as she examines the jungle even further.

Professor-Sarah: wildlife can be interesting Demar, the only reason why we're living in the first place is because of these animals, its fascinating how they managed to survive in these jungles.

Sarah pauses and smiles for a moment before continuing.

Professor-Sarah: there's nothin more amazing than life...

Damar smirks as he chuckled.

Lieutenant-Demar: well that's very kind of you doctor, I'm sure that the aliens will be more than happy to be dissected.

Sarah smiles as she looked even deeper into the jungle, where insects and animals seem to be less active, suspicion immediately took hold of her mind as she zooms her binoculars even further.

Lieutenant-Demar: hey professor, I think its time to-

Demar was cut off by Sarah as she saw what looked like a human shadow.

Professor-Sarah: wait! I think I see something!

the other researchers looked towards Sarah as they wait for her to continue, the other soldiers became surprised as they gripped their weapons and guns.

Professor-Sarah: over there!

Sarah lowered her binoculars as she pointed at the directions at where she saw the shadow, immediately the researchers turned the cameras towards the direction where Sarah pointed and started recording.

a screen from one of the laptops suddenly went online as Sarah and Demar got closer to see, there they ad other researchers and soldiers looked as a shadowy figure moved with what looked like a gun, the figure is massive standing about seven feet tall if their not mistaken.

they watched as the figure slowly moved and looked around, slowly its appearance became clearer, it moved closer towards a small ray of light, then suddenly it stops, the figure stood there silently without moving for a straight minute, the researchers and soldiers became confused, the figure then took one step then bam.

the figure's appearance became clear as day, the researchers and soldiers became shocked as they looked at the alien, it looked metallic, futuristic in fact, not the type of aliens that wore greenish and an insect lizard like appearance, this was not it, it looked more human made, the armor looked like it was made by humans from the future.

the gun it carried had a similar trigger like all human guns do, the helmet was also similar in design to riot helmets but more bulky and robotic, almost like it is attached to its head, the armor showed no cloth, only metallic like armor, for a brief moment they watched.

until more came, two first came into view then three more, then five, then ten, then twenty, there were hundreds of them, they started appearing behind the first with their guns drawn.

Lieutenant-Demar: its an invasion...

Demar mumbled as he watched in fear as more came into view.

Professor-Sarah: no! there must be a peaceful solution!

Sarah turned to looked at Demar as he looked back at her with fear in his eyes.

Lieutenant-Demar: you want to talk to them?

Sarah saw it, Demar's eyes were twitching, fear clearly took hold of him, Sarah could only sigh and try to assure him, she could only try to make peace, knowing that they face the real deal, and not fake.

 

 

 

2