Chapter-1 the Average Player… 3/3
60 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

thirty minutes ago, before the Russians arrived.

Damian was happy, he watched as his soldiers went on their patrols as they walked around the base in an orderly manner, he watched without a care in the world while sitting in literally nothing as he looked towards his four builders casually hanging around outside his base as they wait for Damian's command.

he then selected the four builders and clicked on an random part of the jungle just 40 miles north west of the base, immediately the builders or just construction vehicles moved towards their selected destination carefully navigating around the massive rocks and destroying the many trees that were in their path.

they made their way towards their destination in quite a quick speed, once they arrived they waited for their leader's command as they did their idle animation while Damian soon orders them.

Damian selected one construction vehicle and clicked on a power plant, he then clicked on four parts on the jungle as the first construction vehicle started to build while he soon selects the second one.

he selected the second construction vehicle then clicked on a fence icon, he clicked the right part of jungle just forty feet away from the four generators as he clicks on the ground before dragging it and repeating the process four time forming a square that will be protecting the base from wild animals and trespassers.

Damian then selected the third construction vehicle before clicking on a fence gate icon as he clicked on the middle of each side of the fences, but before the construction vehicle could continue to build a message popped up on each side of the square fence wall asking permission to replace the fences with fence gates.

Damian clicked the check mark button as the construction vehicle immediately worked on the construction, Damian then clicked on the last construction vehicle as he wait and think on how to design his mini base, or outpost.

nothing came into his mind, two minutes have already passed and the three construction vehicles were already finished building, Damian sat in his invisible or literally nothing chair as he thinks of a way to make his mini base look cool.

then it hit him, he selected one random construction vehicle then ordered it to build a [ Barracks ] two barracks to be precise, the two barracks were being constructed just across where the generators were built to the left as he ordered the other two to construct a factory just above the two barracks as the two construction vehicle begin to work.

Damian then selected the last construction vehicle to build an [ Radar Outpost ] right next to the factory on the last piece of empty land, the construction vehicle immediately begin to work as Damian watched and waited.

Spoiler

the radar outpost is a radar tower on top of a one story building, though the building is small the building alone is wide, its about the size of four fifty feet wide buildings, and the height of a single story.

the radar tower is fairly tall however about three stories tall, not too tall though just enough to be called tall, the radar outpost is surrounded by two layers of fences, the inner layer just ten feet away from the building while the second layer is just five feet away from the inner fence, both fences topped with electric wires.

the neat part about the radar outpost is that it scrambles enemy radar and disables communications between hostile forces, other more cool tricks about the radar outpost is that it detects all invisible units in its 20 mile radius, 320 miles if its aircraft, it also turns any missile off and of course disable enemy equipment and vehicles.

it may sound a bit too overpowered but if its against another player its not.

[collapse]

four minutes passed, once the construction vehicles were finished constructing the buildings Damian clicked the barracks and started hiring or maybe building soldiers out of thin air, two soldiers went out the two barracks as every ten seconds passed, all that Damian had to do now was wait, wait until his army is ready.

twenty minutes have passed as Damian watched his base packed full of soldiers, 200 soldiers were at the ready, Damian selected all of them as he clicks on an empty space north of the outpost.

the 200 soldiers moved immediately as they marched towards their destination, the ground though unnoticed shook beneath the hundreds of soldiers as they soon positioned themselves and formed a rectangle formation.

Damian: damn... it looks so cool.

Warning: warning! danger spotted north of your position! hostile forces detected!

Damian flinched as he was caught caught off guard, the male robotic voice scared him for a second before calming himself down as he waits patiently for something to happen, the screen suddenly went dark, a minute later showing a scene where seven military helicopters flew above the trees below at high speeds as they flew towards a hill.

Damian: woah! a cutscene! video game cutscenes really make my adrenaline pump through my veins.

Damian smiled as he continued watching, the camera moves closer on one of the helicopters as it soon opens its side doors revealing armed soldiers as they exit the helicopter.

Damian watched as the soldiers disembark while a woman's voice speaks as she gives objectives to Damian.

Advisor-Athena: general, I see that you have already built a base, I am your advisor... my name is Athena.

Damian sat there silently as he continues to listen, the screen then went dark for a second before showing a small camp already built as the woman continues to speak.

Advisor-Athena: those soldiers appear to bear no hostile intent towards you, however they may bring a far larger force with them should you let them return to their base.

the screen cuts now showing the hill and the surrounding forest as two large yellow exclamation marks appear on the top right corner of the screen and one smaller blue exclamation mark all with their own objectives. 

the two yellow larger exclamation marks looking like the main objectives while the one more smaller blue exclamation mark appearing to be a side objective, all of them seeming to have an accept and decline buttons next to them.

Advisor-Athena: general, all these objectives are optional, however it is best to accept them for the rewards, to view the rewards for each objective please move your cursor above each objective, there you will see what type of rewards will that objective bring you should you accept one or all objectives seen here.

Damian kept quiet as he listened to the advisor, the screen once again cuts this time back to where his camera was previously positioned, right above his army.

Advisor-Athena: if you ever need advice feel free to click on the silver question mark just above the main and side objectives, and remember, once objectives are declined they are forever lost, however that does not mean that they cannot be replaced by a new one, a new objective will be given once you decline or fail an objective.

suddenly Damian is given 1000 of each resource as the advisor spoke the last part of her advice.

Advisor-Athena: however once you fail an objective you will not be given a penalty, the objectives may change should the situation demand it, however you will be compensated should you be half way through the current objective, you have been given 1000 of each resource, use them well general, this is the end of my advice.

the controls were given back as the screen went back to its gameplay state.

Advisor-Athena: may your army prevail general, best of luck.

after just a few seconds Damian's smile grew wider as he rested his back on nothing.

Damian: cool... I never seen graphics this smooth, and gameplay this good, sigh well... I guess this is my life now, no regrets!

Damian looked on the top left corner of his screen where he could see the objectives, the first is to eliminate all hostile units and structures, second eliminate hostile units and capture enemy structures.

he can decide to either do the first one or the other, either way he will be rewarded, but one thing took his attention, the side objective, do nothing, that actually made him laugh inside.

he ignored the objectives for now as he tried to remember what his advisor told him, he then decided to complete the second main objective as he clicked the accept button on the yellow exclamation mark.

Damian selected one of his 200 strong ASF-Infantry and clicked on a part of the jungle just ahead of the army, the soldier moved and walked towards its destination with its gun at the ready, it moved slowly through the jungle, looking left and right as it checked its surroundings very carefully making little sound.

once it arrived it did its idle animation while Damian selected the other 199 soldiers to do the same, the he selected all of them and ordered an attack move on an empty space just ahead of the first soldier.

Damian watched as the army marched, or walked with their guns pointed in every direction, anyways Damian was happy, the soldiers slowly moved at nearly a snails pace, but it still looked cool though.

then the warning came without warning, a bit funny, this time Damian was prepared, he barely flinched as the camera moved towards the hill showing armed soldiers in pursuit of his army as the soldiers went down the hill.

Damian smirked at how small the enemy forces are, well this is his first time, but he was not going to get easy on them, he went to his smaller base and clicked on his factory, he clicked the icon of the Variant-1 MMFC-Tank four times as the factory quickly started building with the rest of the other tanks on queue.

then he returned back to his already present army to find what looks like two [ Civilian ] slowly approaching the army he has, he knows these are civilians because its says so above them in a light blue square.

curious Damian watched as the two slowly approached the army, the other hostiles, or not anymore because it says [ Friendly ] in a square floating above their heads, once the two finally reached the soldier in front the two stopped, a white box then appeared with three dots inside indicating speech or a conversation.

the moment he clicked on the white box he started to hear what their saying, text was seen above them as they talked nearly like normal humans, or was this just a basic feature, either way he will never know.

he watched patiently as the two so called civilians stated talking.

Damian smirked at how small the enemy forces are, well this is his first time, but he was not going to get easy on them, he went to his smaller base and clicked on his factory, he clicked the icon of the Variant-1 MMFC-Tank four times as the factory quickly started building with the rest of the other tanks on queue.

then he returned back to his already present army to find what looks like two [ Civilian ] slowly approaching the army he has, he knows these are civilians because its says so above them in a light blue square.

curious Damian watched as the two slowly approached the army, the other hostiles, or not anymore because it says [ Friendly ] in a square floating above their heads, once the two finally reached the soldier in front the two stopped, a white box then appeared with three dots inside indicating speech or a conversation.

the moment he clicked on the white box he started to hear what their saying, text was seen above them as they talked nearly like normal humans, or was this just a basic feature, either way he will never know.

he watched patiently as the two so called civilians stated talking.

Professor-Sarah: see? their not attacking.

Sarah looked at Demar with a little smile on her face before looking back at the army in front of them.

Professor-Sarah: for heavily armed aliens they sure are friendly.

Lieutenant-Demar: friendly professor? they look more hostile, and plus, they look more like robotic than human, though they even have five fingers... wait... come to think of it they do look more human.

Professor-Sarah: you have to joking lieutenant, sure they look far similar to a human but look at the design of the armor, it looks like a mix of robotic and alien like design.

Demar sighed as he tapped his foot on the ground while massaging his forehead.

Lieutenant-Demar: yeah, just like the movies, but I don't think his friends over there look very compliant for you to take one for dissection professor, think about it.

Demar lowered his arm as he looked at Sarah.

Lieutenant-Demar: lets get straight here, lets first go back to camp and tell the president about this alright? then we can talk to this... this... whatever this thing is...

Professor-Sarah: sigh... alright, lets-

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Warning: warning! your base is under attack!

suddenly bursts of light came from behind the alien soldiers as Damian panicked a little and wondered what was happening in his mini base as he moved his camera to the source of the explosions.

there he sees his four tanks attacking what looks like rebel guerillas, 45 of them to be precise all seem to have rocket launchers or RPGs and AK-47s with no body armor on them.

Damian: finally some action! take this!

Damian selected his 200 soldiers and ordered an attack move on the rebels as the army moved to intercept, leaving the two civilians on their own, Damian watched as more rebels came into view as they quickly fired on the tanks with pathetic accuracy.

even though his tanks were outnumbered 1 to 10 the tanks were already good on their own, since they pack a real punch and they have their own shields, making the attacks useless until the shields are down.

Damian watched proudly as his soldiers went in for the kill, the rebels were quickly mowed down by the well equipped ASF-Infantry as they all died one by one, half a minute passed and even more rebels came this time they came by the hundreds along with a few fighting vehicles with mounted machine guns, but that wont stop Damian's army, since they gain veteran levels half of them already rank one while the rest will soon follow the more they kill.

it was a one sided massacre, rebels were blown to bits as tanks roared followed with the screams of gunfire, soon after a full minute of a firefight Damian's army prevailed while the rebels lie dead in a burning wasteland that is their grave.

it was only a matter of time until the rebel leader shows his ugly face and for him to face interrogation and for Damian to finally hire an [ ASF-Agent ] and [ ASF-Sniper ] units.

0