Purgatory Scroll 3
165 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wan Bo stared wide eyed at the sculptures and focused on one of them. It was doing a stretching pose while extending it's arms up, another was crouching Dow as much as it could and one was even vertically standing on it hands. These poses were so varied and perfect thank Wan Bo couldn't help but think if he sold them he would definitely make a lot of money, but that though crossed his mind for just a second. 

' No, Wan Bo calm down, this isn't the time to be greedy. The technique may be authentic, but this is very suspicious and the name.... it's definitely a demonic cultivation technique. If I go by what the elders said about these techniques , they can cloud the mind and poison the body and soul. Not to mention that if Im found out I'll definitely be killed by the Sect.' thought Wan Bo as he shivered. The thought of torture made him cold and he immediately started to look for an exit.

This made Roy frown, but he didn't persue or try to persuade Wan Bo. If he had been the same as when he was on earth he would have jumped at the opportunity, but he had matured. If he he had been on earth a young buck, he was now a spider.

' Hmph, little kid, do you think that you can escape my grasp? You're just ignorant and don't know when something good falls in your lap.' thought Roy as he smiled and rumoged his memories. He immediately found some scenarios he could use and decided to expell Wan Bo after some time.

.........

"Haaaahhh.....

Cried Wan Bo as he suddenly woke up from his sleep and tried to remembered what just happened. He still doubted it was a dream, but he could remember every moment he had spent in that is place vividly. The door, the statues, the sky, everything was engraved in his mind.

"Is it really true? Is that place real...." spoke Wan Bo to himself, but at the last word he lowered his voice as he looked around for anyone. He was so paranoid that someone had been spying on him that he even circled his house three times.

"Huuuu.... what the hell? Why am I being so frightened? It was just a dream. " said Wan Bo as he tidied his bed , washed himself with a wet rag , and finally changed his clothes. He than put the clothes with some other underwear in a sack , and finally headed to the living quarters of the servants with a smile.

..........

Wan Bo walked for about 15 minutes until he arrived at a two story building, that looked neither old or new, but you could definitely see it was frequently repaired . This place was very familiar to Wan Bo as he came to this place every three days to wash his clothes. As he was an outer sect disciple he would either drop his clothes to he washed with the other outer sect disciples, or could wash them himself, but he had chosen a different approach.

As he approached the servants quarter's he heard several voices and his smile because bigger. In his view there appeared  more than thirty women of different ages, but no one was older than 40 or younger than 15. They all were diligently washing clothes on the shallow stream before them as they made small talk. This place had an energetic atmosphere, but Wan Bo was focused on only one of them. 

The one who Wan Bo was focused on was a somewhat skinny and tall girl about his age. She was wearing a washed out , blue robe, had medium length hair tied on a bun, tanned skin, and a sharp nose that made her look serious. As he saw her diligently wash the clothes with the other women he was both happy and disheartened. 

"Ahhh...." tried to call Wan Bo the girls, but when he noticed her so focused in what she was doing he just shook his head and waited. 

..........

After half an hour the girl finished her share of clothes and finally raised her head to see Wen Bo staring at her. He tried to evade her gaze, but he just appeared strange. This made the girl smile, but she soon hid it and respectfully went to greet Wan Bo.

" Senior Wan Bo, please forgive me for making you wait. I deeply apologize...." said the girl as she bowed , but Wan Bo didn't react and just smiled.

"Heh, well you should've been very busy. Doesn't matter.... anyway how have you been recently Daiyu? You've been fine?"

"Thank you for asking senior, I've been fine. The sect treats me good."

"Then, how about your family, are they good? Your siblings and parents, are they doing fine?"

"Yes, thank you senior everything is fine."

"........

".........

After that exchange they both seemed to have nothing to speak about, so as to not make it more awkward Wan Bo handed the girl a silver coin and his dirty clothes before hesitating for a moment. 

" This is for the next week's laundry and a little for your siblings. I hope they grow fast and good, and also send my regards to your parents."

"This, senior...is too much! Please....

"No!" sternly said Wan Bo making the girl stop " This is what you deserve for your hard work and nothing more. "

.........

' Heheh...hehehehehe....' this was clearly seen by Roy as he looked at Wan Boss memories and found the identity of the girl. ' Name, Cai Daiyu. She is  the daughter of one of his father's friends, sister of four brothers , and Wan Bo's first and only crush. Unlike Wan Bo who came to the sect as he had some cultivation talent, she was sold by her parents to the sect. A tragic story indeed. 

 Heh, such good information. I didn't expect to finally get some good information. With this I'll definitely make this kid take the bait. '

...........

Two weeks had passed and Wan Bo had suffered much. Every night he saw nightmares of him dying, his parents dying, him beeing humiliated, and even of Cai Daiyu beeing violated in front of him. This made Wan Bo afraid, not of anything real, but of sleeping. He didn't know what would happen if he closed his eyes and fall asleep so he tried to stay up, but that obviously didn't work. In less than three days he was spent, and when he fell asleep the nightmares became even more vivid and horrifying.  As he was loosing his mind he once again came to that place. The sky was still red, the ground was still black, and numerous statues surrounded him. As soon as he saw this he completely lost his mind and he started to attack the statues while screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaa......

He punched and kicked them repeatedly, but no damage appeared on the statues. As he continued to try to destroy the statues with his feeble efforts, a cold wind made the hairs on Wan Bo's back stand on, end and he noticed someone staring at him from behind.

*Babum Babum*

His heart raced as he slowly turned around and saw a statue standing right beside him.

"Weak...."was the only word the statue spoke and Wan Bo collapsed on the ground. He seemed to have lost all motor functions as he couldn't even speak or even whimper. He was terrified, but when the statue picked him up, Wan Bo almost shat his pants. The statue had turned into him, but it didn't have any eyes as it's eye sockets were an empty void.

"You are weak." slowly spoke the statue " You are just a weak human, sniveling on the ground hooping to reach the sky. Weak body , weak mind..... completely forgeteble, as if a grain of sand. So , how about we make a deal?"

'Deal...' thought Wan Bo as he tried not to stare at the empty eyes.

"Power, I offer you power. It's as simple as that, and I'll ask of you.......

............

The next morning Wan Bo woke up as usual, but his eyes were bloodshot and he was restless. He looked at his hands and tried to find any changes in them, but he didn't find anything even after a long time. He then tried to focus on something and that something appeared. In his vision, a couple of lines appeared.

[ Name: Wan Bo

Cultivation: Body Formation 2nd stage.

Classification: Very weak

Cultivation technique: Stardew Body, (Demon Body Formation) ]

" Shit....

4