Demon Body Formation 4
129 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the uneventful  journey to the Sina village Wan Bo everything was as it was supposed to, but he didn't talk much to his four new ' comrades ' ,especially the sisters that got on his nerves. Dai was serious and strict as he often talked with Tang Ping about the mission, tended to his large and wide, two-handed falchion and checked their supplies. Tang Ping seemed to sleep most of the time, but he surprisingly knew everything that happened around him, making Rey repeatedly remind Wan Bo to not indicate he was talking to him, or even practice the Demon Body Formation technique in front of him. As for the two sisters, he would definitely have given them a 360° slap if they were his sister's. The were so insufferable that they complained about everything related to Wan Bo; about his attitude, about his knowledge, about his face, about everything! It was to the point that even Rey's calloused soul was beginning to itch, but fortunately they arrived at Sina village on the third day , and immediately headed to the village elder.

  As they passed through the village Wan Bo noticed the villagers obviously staying far from them and only watching them from a distance, but they were not particularly afraid. This made Wan Bo and the others raise a brow as they didn't expect this kind of attention, but they would soon find out.The five of them didn't waste much time as they immediately headed towards the village head's house and we're immediately seated in a couple of pillows and served hot tea.

"Haaaaa....

All of them exclaimed as they drunk only a little sip of the common tea, but they looked as if they were very satisfied. Dai in peculiar was the most satisfied as  he looked at the tall, middle aged woman in front of them, the village elder. She seems to be very composed and not deterred by them as she glance at each of them one at a time, until she finally stopped at Dai.

"I'm flattered that cultivators of the Grey Mist Sect have come to our small village, and I wholeheartedly beg you to stay for the night, but it seems that you've come not to enjoy the villages sights or delicacies." said the village head as she clearly indicated to the weapons on them. 

"Yes, it is indeed as you say" nodded Dai " We would have loved to be doing as you say , but we are on an official sect mission." said Dai as he rotated his tea cup a couple of times and then stopped in a sigh " Unfortunately we have received word that a ghost cultivator has taken refuge around this place and Sina village, your village is the most likely place.  Even though your village is on the border of the sect, we have an obligation to protect it." lied Dai through his teeth. Even though this place was still under the sect's territory , only in severe cases or to collect taxes would a disciple come here.

As she heard that the village head's voice raised a pitch as she appeared worried "A ghost cultivator you say! Something like that in my village? Are you sure?"

Dai seemed to look around for a moment, before he slightly shook his head. " No....I'm not sure, but something like that can't be ignored even if it's a rumor. I'm sure you know the damage a ghost cultivator can cause. Your tiny village could be wiped out in only a couple of day's. So , please forgive my alertness."

"I understand your worries." said the village head as she waved her hand" You are welcome to stay as long as you like, and you can question the villagers about this as much as you want, but I'm not sure you will find anything. If a ghost cultivator really set foot in my village I would know for sure."

"Thank you for your generosity. We will be as discreet and quick as possible." said Dai as they both bowed slightly towards each other.

.......

After they left the village head's house, the five of them were accommodated in an abandoned but clean house, and set camp there. They lit a fire to warm themselves and they started to talk about the situation.

"So, Tang Ping, did you discover anything? Did the village head seem genuine or is she lying?" said Dai in a low voice. The others immediately perked up their ears.

"Suspicious....she was not, and the villagers seemed normal to me. The situation is as normal as it could be, but if that's so, it means that our information is either faulty or outdated. It could be either of them, but I suspect it's the latter as those spies can't afford to give faulty information , least they invite a cruel death on themselves that is" said Tang Ping with a grin, but he quickly because serious once again " But even though the information may be outdated, it doesn't make sense. If it's really a ghost cultivator who is forming his Ghost Servant, it should be within the predicted time range. We should still have about two weeks, but this village is intact."

" So , what does that mean?" interjected Wan Bo as he couldn't help but ask, and Dai immediately answered.

" This means that there is no ghost cultivator trying to reach the Qi gathering realm, as in order to do so they need a good amount of Yin Qi to refine their Ghost Servant, and the only way it's for a large amount of killing to occur. Alas, it seems that we don't have the right place as there is no indication of a large amount of Yin Qi in this village."

.............

Cultivation Realms for now.

Body Formation realm. 1-5

Qi Gathering realm. 1-3

Qi Sea realm. 1-3

Necessant Soul realm. 1-3.

4