The realization 2
125 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Dai and the sisters were speechless Wan Bo tried to contain his smile, while Rey heaved a sigh of relief.

'It's good that it worked out because I don't have much patience.'

Dai was the first to regain his senses and he immediately asked for some clarification.

" Tang Ping, is what you are saying true? You've finally found the location of the ghost cultivator? But how...." excitedly spoke Dai, but stopped at his last sentence as if trying to proces if what his heard was real.

" Indeed it it, fortunately I had am epiphany and found out the answer." slowly spoke Tang Ping as he gave a knowing glance at Wan Bo " It is obvious if you know the whole situation, but almost impossible if you don't. 

As you know, for a ghost cultivator to reach the Qi Gathering realm he has to have a large amount of Yin so he can form his ghost servant, and the only way for him to complete it in these parts is a large masacre, but that mindset made us not se the whole picture. The ghost cultivator is using a different way to get to the Qi Gathering realm."

"Another way?" said Dai as if he had understood something " You mean to say that the ghost cultivator found a Yin attributed herb? But that doesn't make sense,bacause I he found one he would have immediately have harvested it and left, or used it on the spot. He would have no more reason to be here."

" Hehe, you're right, but he didn't use that method either. The is using the third option!" said Tang Ping as he tapped the ground three times. At first Dai was confused, but when he heard the word's ' Holy Ground ' coming from Tang Pings mouth he immediately got up and his breathing became ragged. A ' Holy Ground 'was a cultivators paradise, filled with Qi and often used as the innermost place of the sect. It was no exaggeration to say that a ' Holy Ground ' was the mother of all sects.

"Tang Ping....is this....

"Its true." said Tang Ping as he cut Dai off "  At first I didn't have all the information , but after I had, everything fell into place. This ghost cultivator seems to be quite knowledgeable about this region or even this village, and most importantly; he also knows how to prepare in advance. If I would have to guess he should have planned for this for a long time.....and I'm taking to long to explain. " said Tang Ping who noticed the riled up comrades of his.

" The gist of the situation is that 40 years ago a devastating tragedy happened. At an abandoned gold mine not far from here more than 50 people died after an unexpected earthquake, and because of the inability to get the bodies out, they didn't get a proper burial. And as you know, this amount of death in such circumstances can defiantly create a ghost or ghosts, though harmless ones.Still, that doesn't matter you may say, but you....

" It's the ' dance of thousand ghosts'!" unconsciously said Lin Mei with a grave face and other's immediately changed the attention towards her. Dai who was the most eager and the most confused immediately asked her.

"Mei, so you know about this? Can you clarify?"

"Ah uhhhj....ummmmm...." Lin Mei seamed to be flustered, but after a couple of seconds she regained her call and begin to explain. 

"Khhmmm....it's like this. The 'dance of thousand ghosts' is a phenomenon when the Yin qi of a place overflows at a certain time, thus temporary making the place a  Yin ' Holy Ground '. Usually it's a place where a large battle or disaster has occurred. That's all I know...."

*clap clap clap*

"Indeed, it is as you say Miss Mei" said Tang Ping as he clapped his hands in admiration. " I didn't expect for anyone else to know the phenomenon, but there is also something else to add. Tomorrow is not only the 40th anniversary of their death, but it is also a full moon. The density of Yin qi will definitely be astounding, and the chance to break through will be very, very high. If I was a ghost cultivator I would definitely do it right then."

"Tomorrow.....

As Tang Ping finished his explanation, Dai seemed to have calmed down and seemed to have figure out the situation, and he didn't hesitate to act.

" Tang Ping, you have made great contributions to the mission and were the one to discover this, so your reward will be higher. "

" Thank you leader. I was glad to help ." humbly said Tang Ping as he slightly bowed.

" As for the rest of you, I expect better. We can't continue to succeed by chance or luck, we have to be prepared....least we end up dead. Tang Ping, Lin Huiling, Lin Mei, Wan Bo, you shall prepare all your equipment, and make all the needed preparations to fight. The ghost cultivator is at the fifth stage of the Body Formation realm and only I and Tang Ping can directly deal with him. The rest of you will take care of everything else, so don't screw up.

Now, the only other thing is to get a good night's sleep."

No one answered and only nodded their heads. That night everyone was worried , so they didn't get that good of sleep, except Wan Bo that is. Rey had stopped feeding on his spiritual energy and even supplemented with some of his own, making it the best sleep Wan Bo took since forever.

..........

The very next day the five of them seemingly left the Sina village in defeat, but if you looked closely at their faces, they were trying to hold their happiness down. After they left they took the road back to the sect, but after half an hour they took a detour and headed for the mine  which took them more than four hours, but they didn't feel the road at all. They slowly approached on the last km trying to notice anything out of the usual , and they definitely found something. Numerous track's of what they deducted to be of horses riddled the path that lead to the mine, but they were beginning to fade. They seemed to be several days old and most of them leading to the mine.  

This made the five of them conclude that the ghost cultivator had some helpers, and the deduction coincided with the information that some bandits used the mines as their stronghold. Working for a ghost cultivator wasn't beneath them, and it completely made sense.

4