Failing the Mission 1
103 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hahhah....hahhh....

Dai and Tang Ping were taking deep breaths to try to calm down a little bit, but they only managed to make their mouths dry. It took about two minutes before they recovered somewhat.

"Brother Bo , why did you come here , and where are the sisters? I everything alright." said Dai as he steadied himself, but never moved his attention from the mines entrance.

Seeing this Wan Bo wanted to ask if they were going to enter and look for the man, but he decided it was better to wait a little and just answer the question.

"Brother Dai....the sisters, it's not that good."

This answer made Dai's stomach sink as he immediately asked."Not that good?! What does that mean? Did they....

Wan Bo shook his head knowing what he wanted to ask." No, neither of them is dead, but one is poisoned. I have obtained the possible antidote, but I'm not sure about that. "

"This....is a complete disaster." said Dai as he rubbed his head and gritted his teeth towards the mines entrance. "Tang Ping, is there any threat from the ghost cultivator? Could he attack us again?"

"It's highly unlikely." immediately answered Tang Ping as he held his wounded left arm. " The amount of Yin Qi the ghost cultivator used to control the Jiangshi to fight us is extremely large . It would take at least several hours for him to cultivate in order to gain the Yin Qi back even in this place. 

I guess that you also are thinking of a retreat?"

"Tch... that's right." angrily said Dai" Not only have we been lacking in information, but we also have one hurt comrade in our midst. Chasing a ghost cultivator any further is just going to increase the risk of any of us dying......

"But we also can't just leave, right?" said Tang Ping as he shook his head. " I have greatly miscalculated the situation, and look where this brought us. Even though we're this ragged we have to stay here until morning to see if the ghost cultivator will try to breakthrough again."

"Indeed....

Wan Bo who was to the side didn't speak a word, but he absorbed the information he just heard like a sponge. Several conclusions appeared in his  mind, but he decided to listen some more before he acted.

.........

*Chirp Chirp Chirp*

The sound of birds and the golden light told the start on another day, but for the five of them, it was just a sleepless night. They had taken turn to guard , to see if the ghost cultivator would attack once again, but the Yin Qi had calmed down and there was no sign of the ghost cultivator trying to breakthrough, so they finally released a sigh of relief.

"It's finally over" lightly muttered Lin Mei as she held her sisters head in her lap. Lin Huiling who was wounded and poisoned looked pale in the sunlight, but her breathing was calm and she just seemed to be sleeping. Thankfully for her one of the vials on the man's body was the antidote or she would he dead by now .

When they returned, seeing the situation , Tang Ping had asked to see the two vials and the poisoned dagger of the ghost cultivator. He then had taken a snif of each of them and discovered that one of the vials was the poison, while the other, presumedly the antidote.  The second vial could be anything, but under the persuasion of Dai, Lin Mei agreed to feed it to her sister, and it worked. 

Wan Bo hadn't seen someone cry that much since he arrived at the Sect, but he wouldn't admit that to anyone. 

Wan Bo saw Dai talking to Tang Ping about something, so he decided until they finished to try to talk to him. "Leader!" smilingly said Wan Bo as he looked at the sun " The sun has already risen and the Yin Qi has dissipated, so it's time to go back right?"

"Yes...indead it is as you say. Seeing that the ghost cultivator hasn't tried to breakthrough again, we should definitely leave."

Wan Bo nodded as he heard those words and release a sigh of relief."Good, glad to hear that....but still, is there no way for us to get him? We suffered such a big loss from him, so shouldn't we return the favor?"

"Return the favor....hmmph...

Wan Bo was taken Ajax from Dai's answer, but when he saw Tang Ping winking at him , he stopped. He went to check on Lin Meiling, only to find her sleeping and was about to pack his things, when he saw Tang Ping beconing to him.  Wan Bo raised an eyebrow at this, but he still followed. They went a little way from the entrance if the mine , before Tang Ping stopped.

" So, Brother Tang Ping, what did you want to talk about? " said Wan Bo in the most friendly way possible, but also had his guard up.

" Wan Bo, I'm sorry to be making this conversation with you in this way, but i dont have any choice. As you might have concluded, there is someone who tipped the ghost cultivator about us , so that's why we failed in our ambush. It could have been one of the villagers, but were body sure. So , you can understand the pressure Dai is under right now."

" I understand, but is this all you wanted to say to me? It seems kinda excessive...."

Tang Ping smiled and he took a metal plate from his baggy clothing. It was a coin 2cm in diameter ,looked to be made out of iron, and in it was engraved a mountain. Wan Bo raised an eyebrow at this, making Tang Ping smile even more.

" It seems that you don't recognise the thing in my hand." playfully said Tang Ping as he played with the coin.

" Can't say that I do, but you are going to explain it to me , right?"

" Haha, of course I am. Just wanted to see your reaction first. " said Tang Ping , making Wan Bo frown a little .

" This coin in my hands is a token of recognition for Hidden Treasure Mountain. It can be used to exchange goods in almost aby decent city , and it's fuctional for two more years. I guess you will need this if you want to sell your spoils."

" You don't say....

" Hah, catious as I would, but it better than being dead." said TangPing as he threw the coin to Wan Bo. " This is not a gift, it's a reward for everything you have done. It's also from the sisters and Dai, although they will not acknowledge this.

" That so....

" Indeed....

Wan Bo cluched the coin in his hand as he went back to the others as if nothing happened. Everyone was calm , beside Rey who had gotten the soul of the man Wan Bo killed. This had provided him with some spiriual energy, but most importantly he had gained information and a soul core, the essence of a living being.

4