Transporting Goods 2
87 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wan Bo trained his cultivation technique as he breathed in and out, and the water Qi slowly seeped into his body, changing his cell's, making them absorb the Qi and adapt to it. This was the principle of the Body Formation realm as it was the initial stage of cultivation which also laid the foundation for the increase of Qi in the body as one progressed through the higher realms.

As the water Qi entered Wan Bo's cell's he felt refreshed and felt the fatigue of the running faded away quickly. In fact, it was much quicker than usual, but Wan Bo though that it was just a good day. The reality was that Rey was using his spiritual energy to attract the water Qi towards Wan Bo , in return making the Qi density around him higher.

"Huuuuu....

Wan Bo exhaled as he felt he had cultivated enough , and overdoing it would deplete his spiritual energy under a certain amount. He had a long journey ahead of him after all, and starting with less than 95% of peat strength was not recommend by Rey.

' Master, I'm finished with my cultivation. I'll just take all the stuff I need for the journey, and then I'll depart immediately.'

' Good, good , but even though you are stronger and I'm backing you, you must remember that you can't get into trouble. This trip in not only to increase your martial skills, but also your observational skills. You shall be reporting to me anything of note during the escort mission. '

' I understand.... but on what exactly should I be reporting on?' hesitantly asked Wan Bo, and the answer was as he expected.

' Everything.'

' As you say master.' acknowledged Wan Bo's as his eyes twitched, but he had somewhat expected this. The requirements of his demonic master always made him dejected, but at least they were not unreasonable. So, after he wore a type of yellow armor crafted by the skin of a Qi beast, and packing enough provisions and tools in his backpack, he set of. The staff he used to fight with was on his hand as he used it as a walking stick.

...........

Without even twenty minutes passing Wan Bo was at the Sect's east and biggest gate. He was expecting it to be bustling, but what he saw made him stop on his track's.

"Hey you, where are you going! The merchandise is that way!"

"Move, move! If you don't move the horses are going to ran you over!"

"Quickly, quickly....

 

"This...." Wan Bo was speechless as he saw more than a hundred men moving, stacking, filling, unloading and maintain more than twenty big wagons. Sweat covered their body and the neighing of the horses was distracting, but that maybe for the better as this place didn't smell the best.

"Hey, move move...." someone shouted behind Wan Bo and immediately three men rushed past him as they carried a big crate of something. Wan Bo only gave them a glance, shook his head with a unknown smile and looked around.

' At least I'm at the right place. Now, let's see who is the leader of this merchant group.' thought Wan Bo as he looked around and quickly noticed a dignified man in his early thirties standing on a wooden podium. He had a calm and sharp gaze, and a chubby face with a mustache that strangely suited him. His hair was short , and he wore some kind of headdress scholars wore in this world. This didn't directly mean he was the leader of the merchant group, but the two fully armoured bodyguards to his side solidified that thought.

"Guess that's the leader then." said Wan Bo as he weaved through the crowd and approached the podium. As he did that , one of the bodyguards locked on his and Wan Bo knew not to approach much, so he stopped a couple of meters away and gave a nod as he took the sect badge out. As soon as he saw this, the bodyguard calmed down a bit, but he didn't completely let his guard down as he whispered something to the leader.

The leader scrunched his brows a little as he seemed to be thinking of something, but after a second he motioned Wan Bo to come on the podium and Wan Bo obliged.

Wan Bo cupped his hands and introduced himself. " Greetings, my name is Wan Bo and I'm an outer sect disciple of the Grey Mist Sect. I've come for the escort mission."

"Hmmm, I seem to remember some accepting the mission, but I didn't think anyone would still come." said the man as he looked at Wan Bo up and down. His eyes tried to evaluate each of his movements and appearance.

" Oh, I'm the only one who came for the mission?" questioned Wan Bo as he looked around "Is it related to the commotion that is happening right now? " 

 

"Indeed." said the man as he seemed to be thinking about something "Usually we travel through the standard route, but this time it seems that a landslide has happened at a critical juncture. If we have to arrive at the predetermined time at the Searing Fist Sect, we shall have to go right now, and through an unconventional route at that. We will have to pass through the territory of another Sect, one we don't have a deal with."

"I see....I understand now." said Wan Bo as his eyes narrowed. He had immediately understood that the mission had just become more dangerous, and why no one else came. A disciple crossing to the territory of another Sect without a very decent reason was considered a grave mistake, especially in this time of unrest. A disciple crossing into the territory of another Sect as an escort was the oldest trick on the book of espionage after all.

"So, now that you have understood the reason, will you still come with us, Wan Bo of the Grey Mist Sect?"

Wan Bo smiled at the man's provocation and nodded "Indeed I'm determined to accept the mission, but I have one question. Is it really impossible to clear the landslide in time? Looking at the manpower of your merchant group, I guess it wouldn't take more than two or three days. By hastening your stride you could definitely reach the destination without going through the territory of another Sect. Isn't that right?"

"......

The leader widened his eyes at Wan Bo's statement and a big grin appeared in his face. " It seems that I've underestimated you Wan Bo of Grey Mist Sect, but I think you'll forgive me. It's not often that I meet a cultivator with a sharp mind , or should I say common sense? Anyway, I've already though about it, but I determined it's too dangerous to be done. We would be an easy target for bandits during that time, not to mention that the workers would definitely riot if they were made to clear the road.

So, any other ideas? I would definitely appreciate it, Wan Bo of the Grey Mist Sect."

Wan Bo's confidence fell as he was completely shot down by the leader. The low snickering of the bodyguards was also not helping, but Wan Bo contained himself even though he had made a fool of himself.

"Heh heh, it's quite the predicament you're in. Indeed I can't think of something else , but I guess you will figure it out, leader of this, great leader of this merchant group.

 So, is the job still available?" spoke Wan Bo in a calm manner, making the leaders attempt at angering him null.

 

" It is.... you will report at the leader of the defense corp's , Zen Ping. He will show you the work you have to do and give you the instructions. " said the leader as he gave a glance at one of his bodyguards and Wan Bo was immediately escorted to Zen Ping.

As he arrived at the defense corp's , Wan Bo was surprised to see that Zen Ping was a baby faced, handsome young man with long black hair. He was about 1.7 m tall and wore a silver-ish armor as he rode his white steed. In his hand was a longbow the same length as him, and on his side a sword without a cross guard. He seemed more like someone out of a fairy tail than an actual commander, but Wan Bo would witness his expected power after some time.

 

"You should be the disciple of the Grey Mist Sect....Wan Bo right?" said Zen Ping as he looked down at Wan Bo.

"Indeed I am." answered Wan Bo as he raised his head "And you should be Zen Ping, the commander here. I was told you will explain the job I'll be doing. Hopefully, you shall be less anxious than the leader.....

"Hmmm....it seems that you had a little clash with the leader?" vaguely said Zen Ping.

"Haha, no no, it was just an exchange of though, but I sensed some hostility. I was just wondering if you were the same.....

"Neeighhhhh....

Without notice the horse Zen Ping was riding rose up on it's back legs and violently came down with a thud , but Wan Bo wasn't fazed at all.

*Clop Clop*

" You need not worry Wan Bo, disciple of the Grey Mist Sect. Even though you are a temporary member of this caravan, you shall be treated the same as the others."

"Thank you , leader." said Wan Bo as he cupped his hands in respect. With this, he had established his role so it would be harder for him to be used for trivial things.

 

3