June 1995
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Quicksilver Sphynx
Miscellanea, June 1995
Nick 'Winter

If anybody's behind on news, that fight we warned you was coming came, and was won. But that isn't half the news that happened to Sundark-Winter-Dandelion-etc in May.

Remember I challenged anyone to prove to me that Alessandria Kore-Tremayne, Starluck's wolf, had a seventh child that was fathered by a demon? I swear, I am never going to ask for any such thing again. I got proof, all right, in the form of three black wolves who can kill demons. If you haven't met them yet, and you probably haven't because they're very shy, Jesse's twin Jaisan and their sister Aindry showed up just in time. To those outside Haven who've helped them while they were alone, without knowing the whole story, just because they needed it: thank you isn't enough. Just to confuse matters even more, water has children too (who are not going to be pleased when/if they discover that I'm telling you they exist), and we now have one—Shaine, in fact—living in the lake. Nor is Coven Whitethorn likely to be much of a threat for some time to come. Whitethorn, incidentally, no longer includes Rebecca, who apparently has decided to turn solitary.

I do not have enough room to tell you everything, but I'm sure the whole wild tale will get around on its own, duly exaggerated. Flynn's writing a story about it, and we'll make sure everyone who wants to know the actual facts about Unity, about demon-wolves, about Samantha's mysterious past, and about merenai has access to a copy.

I do, however, need to ask for help, not only of Haven but of all the villages and all our friends. If there are any other survivors from Unity, whether alive out there and hiding or dead since then that you know of, please get ahold of us and tell us. Three demon-wolves (not to mention Sam) would like very much to know what happened to their mother (friend) Dena Kore-Tremayne, especially. Please, spread the word as far as you can, and tell them the demons that killed Unity are dead.

News other than that I'm rather behind on, I've been a tad busy, but let's see what I can tell you. There's one wild summer solstice party being planned, a bonfire on the beach and all sorts of other stuff, get ahold of Covens Blackrose or Prism for more info or if you have ideas.

Perdita 'Harpsong has offered to give lessons to anyone interested in the use of song, drum, and dance in trance-work. Depending on the response, it might be individual or a group.

Haven has a new coven, Coven Avalon, who are apparently staying here even after they all finish at the college. Elsinore is a human healer from Aralu, Hale's a wolf from Falias, Natalia is a dryad herbalist from Irminsul, and Haven's own Pavel is (as we all know) a dryad telepath. Blessed be, cousins, and love each other long and well.

You'll have to live without historical notes this month, I'm out of time. (Then again, the simple fact that Alessandria's seventh child was real should be enough history for anybody!) See you next month, and have a great solstice!


That's it! Thanks for reading the whole thing - it's not quite what I usually write these days, and I'd like to hope that I've improved over time, but I do still have a soft spot for these characters. I'm hoping one day to write a bit more about some of the secondary characters: a story about Coven Winter, because they're more complex a balance than they make it look, and explore how Aindry and Jaisan do in Haven along with Jess and Shaine permanently, and what happens to Rebecca as a solitary. Haven just has so many stories in it! Unfortunately, it's fairly low on the to-do list these days. But if you're interested, let me know, and I'll see what I can do!

1