Epilogue 2
117 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The witch did, as usual, she waited; as she had done all her life up to this point, a glass of wine on hand, taking small deliberate seeps anytime she felt her lips dry off even slightly.

She sat cross-legged on her favorite wooden chair inside of her lush green garden filled with flowers and trees of all kinds, the place brimming with life and looking more like a forest than a house.

A small bird flew by, it circled around her, and after a few seconds, it softly landed on her shoulder, the undead animal whispered warnings to its master. People were coming, a retinue, headed by a middle-aged woman.

She took a seep of her wine and allowed the sun's rays to touch her white, pale skin; it was a good morning.

She opened the passage; the trees moved towards the sides, almost as if growing smaller, allowing the entourage safe passage. She invited them all inside but only the woman stepped forward.

The group came to ask for medicine, and the witch was more than happy to provide, it for a fee, obviously, no self-respecting professional would give away his services without proper payment.

After business was done, they all left the same way they came, happier even.

But the witch remained. It had been a long time since she had last gone out of her domain.

Sooner or later, she would depart for a reunion. But for the moment… she just waited.

1