Short Story 2
85 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quin Fisveir was walking on heavy legs; the sun had almost set and not many people roamed the streets of Hillside, except for the fishermen going to his uncle’s tavern or the store sellers closing shop for the day.

But he wasn’t paying any attention to the hustling and bustling. He walked on tired limbs, but they were filled with purpose and determination.

The objective: Home

But that was a ways out from the Guardian’s house, long enough for him to digest the happenings of the day.

I almost died… hell, any of us could have died today...

This afternoon he had been the victim of a Katillr attack. He had never heard of that animal before, but that wasn’t strange to him.

I’m a man of the sea after all. I know what lives underwater, not over land.

The new guardian lady explained to him what kind of animal it was, and how he had gotten so close to them.

“It was my fault; this should have never happened, but I never expected this. I failed in my duty and for that, I’m sorry to you two,"

She sounded truly ashamed of what had occurred, but he understood this had been an accident, so he wouldn’t hold it against her, besides, she was a beauty after all. Older women like her were totally his type, also in the end no one had been hurt so who cares, men at sea die for less.

Magic is truly something, huh? For Edwin of all people to kill that thing in a single shot, not only that but Miss Freesia healed all of us, Zach’s stomach had been ripped open and he’s okay now as if nothing happened, maybe I should get myself a magic teacher as well? Nah, I’m a man of the sea… muscles are the way to go. A fireball can’t do anything against a snake the size of a country

To get home, he had to make his way through the main street towards the docks, turn left and head straight for another five streets, then turn left again.

Quin’s house was on the right side of the street, and, esthetically it looked about the same as all the others, stone walls, and a roof made of red tiles. It had been built by his father years ago. He remembered going out and helping his mother to pick up the shiny stones adorning the outer wall.

“I want the shiniest we can find!” he had told her then; he was just a child.

I think it was the first time I fought with Van. The fucker wanted my shiny stone and, like hell, I was going to give it to him.

He arrived home, legs trembling and eyelids heavy. He opened the door.

“Hello, dad!”

No one answered. The house was dark.

ha!... with uncle again?

Guess you wouldn’t have realized then…

1