Short Story 5
72 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well… I’m an idiot, a big bumbling, stupid idiot. No redemption for me now. I used to have quite the better impression of myself, after all, I am someone who managed to rise from the very shit of Enerin’s sewers on talent and hard work alone, but it seems that at some point since arriving at the Grian region I regressed back to a previous state of mine, somehow, I mentally traveled back in time to a dark chapter of my life, I changed into the shape of a pure maiden, a dazzlingly white virgin who can’t even talk to a lady.

Why did I even ask her out for? When I can’t speak a word to her.

My conclusion is: I have a deadly disease.

Subject: Taft Silver.

Symptoms: strong heart palpitations, sweaty hands, heavy breathing, and a speech impediment.

I have a few theories of what may have been the cause of this disease, and they all start and end with the same name, the first patient, the grounds zero of my ailment is like many others, a woman. Miss Joanne of Wald, normally… I wouldn’t pay any mind to a mutant breed; I have been well educated on the history of our kingdom and the place of the Wolfkin in it.

It’s all that elf’s fault, Tulip, it seems I have developed a new soft spot for non-humans thanks to her. Young Sofia has also helped to increase my exposure to half breeds; otherwise, I can’t imagine myself falling for someone like Joanne, ever.

I wasted weeks thinking about what to do with these feelings. I would stay awake at night pondering to myself about what my heart is telling me to do.

Is it wrong to like non-humans? My thoughts will surely be frowned upon in Enerin; but, I’m all the way at the end of the world, people in here don’t even have toilets and have to use candles for lighting. The tolerance for other races is much higher. Mister Alden’s family is proof of it. He may be strong enough for people to fear speaking out against him. He also possesses a position of power in the village. but it’s more than that.

Hillside’s inhabitants don’t seem to have much of a problem to begging with.

Interesting. So… If I wanted to pursue something with Miss Joanne, there wouldn’t be any problem as long as I’m in this region.

Problem is, eventually I want to leave and return to Enerin.

I reached my conclusion, it will a summer fling. I’ll have a taste, just enough to sate these feelings of mine and leave before things get serious. That’s my plan.

At least it was, but as I quickly found out, I can barely talk to her. What kind of magic does she possess to turn me into such a buffoon? At this rate, I won’t be able to talk normally with her, let alone take her to bed.

 “You would think that after thousands of years he would have found his way home, right?”

What?... did she really just say that? Speaking like that will get you flailed alive back in Enerin.

No… I can’t get mad after all Miss Joanne is a Wolf Kin, her kind has been greatly wronged in the past it’s not out of the ordinary for her kind to not revere the deep god, it’s only normal for her to harbor such thoughts. Also, living in Ostara, she must have faced great discrimination like Tulip or Sofia regularly do.

“I want to think of this… as more of a festivity to unify everyone, we all ask him to come back together, we share a moment, just a few days to celebrate him and once everything is said and done, we go back to our lives better than when we came… at least that’s what I want to believe in,”

I should teach her the good side of our religion.

“Sorry, I said something insensitive, didn’t I?”

“Not at all, besides you have good reasons to say things like that, but maybe we should re-locate? Before your group of young admirers tries something?”

Yes! I actually progressing, well done me! I can kinda communicate like a normal human.

She turns around to see the group of fifteen-year-olds with sour expressions, all of them seemingly waiting for her to do something.

“I have no idea why those children are so interested in me. I don’t think I have done anything deserving of this,”

So, she doesn’t know? I noticed the heavy mood around them these past few days and asked Xav about it. Maybe this is a chance?

“Why don’t we go for some drinks? That way I can illuminate you as to why they are all so angsty,”

2