Catching Up With The Story So Far
171 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catching Up With The Story So Far

 

Hello!

I am Menchi Katsu the writer, and I am so excited to be able to share the upcoming second novel in what I am calling the Tottori trilogy (it sounded more exciting in my head, I assure you) with you! In the lead up to the first chapter being published on December 29th I wanted to do a little prep and share that prep with you.

In the first novel, My World And You, our protagonist, Kasumi Fujimura, is living a quiet, humdrum existence in the city of Tottori or, what she calls “the end of the world.” True to far more tropes than I care to admit to, a new student arrives in the form of Aria Somerset, a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl from California.

While always assuming she was straight, it quickly becomes clear to Kasumi that her feelings for Aria are far more explicit and romantic than those of mere friends. Aria is attractive, flirty, and very popular (sometimes not in the best of ways) and, strangely enough, seems to be hitting on Kasumi.

Whenever something happens which pricks Kasumi’s warning bells Aria has a very solid explanation. Despite the fact she appears to be dating Daishi Teruya, the son of the mayor, Aria asks Kasumi out and, finally, Kasumi agrees.

Obviously, a lot more happens but that is the gist of things. If you want to read the first book, I highly recommend doing so! It’s free on both Tapas and ScribbleHub and available for purchase on Amazon. (last of the shameless self-promotion, I promise!)

My Winter With You picks up approximately one month following the conclusion of My World and You with the status quo set up at the end of the first book holding steady for the most part. I never address it in either book but for those who read the end of My World and You and were somehow curious, the Maid Cafe went swimmingly! The maid outfits were adorable and, following some rather tragic mistakes, Emi and the others bought cakes and food and brought them in.

Over the next few weeks, I’ll re-introduce our returning characters as well as the new character, give some background on Tottori itself and prepare for the launch.  None of this is vital to My Winter With You, mostly just notes I’ve made for my own use. Some of you may find them interesting, others may find them extraneous. You can always ask me anything you’d like either in the comments, through a message on either Tapas or Scribble Hub or my twitter account ( @Menchikattsu1 )and feel free to point out any mistakes I might make (as I’m sure there will be!)

I’ll be posting these pre-release updates each Wednesday until Chapter One on 12/29. Thank you for reading and I’ll have the next chapter of Reaver’s Song on Saturday and the next pre-release here next Wednesday! If you’re in America have a Happy Thanksgiving and if you’re not have a wonderful week. Be safe!

Thank you,

Katsu

3