chapter 1
345 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m not a hardcore fan but I actually play a lot of rpg’s and read those famous internet drawing with stories… what do you call them? Oh manga’s.

I’ve been sweeping the floor for an hour and it finally became spotless.

Of course I was the only one inside the orphanage besides the house mother, most of the kids were playing outside. When I mean ‘most’ not all of them. As angelic as she was, the heroine kept me company and was wiping the windows.

I don’t really remember where she came from, was it a game? Or an anime. Because I usually saw her face on billboards in my past life and so I easily recognized her.  I would usually hear my coworkers talk about her being an ideal heroine and unlike those hoes who only cling to powerful figures.

But I guess I can now understand them, as I was the closest one here.

I don’t know but there is this invisible force that reels me in towards her.

Cannibalism is bad but after seeing the heroine I just can’t help but lick my lips.

She looks like a small rabbit.

I’m straight and I’m sure of my sexuality but she just keeps on emitting some sort of pheromones that makes you get attracted to her.

Circulating in her thoughts, the one talking was a small kid while holding a broomstick bigger than herself.

Yes, she just thought of that, and why does this kid have such thoughts? Well she is not actually one. To be precise her soul transmigrated into this body a few days ago.

Waking up in a blurry unfamiliar ceiling, not a grand one, but one you’d usually see on old buildings.

In a half awake state, she drowsily rubbed her eyes. And her hands made her way to both the heavens. She was surprised as both were still intact. “Oh! Glad they’re still there, thought I’d become a guy”

“who became a guy?” standing beside her, though the face was blurry, she recognized the other by her figure that it was an adult. Continuing with her sentence she asked her again. “Greer, I think you’re just muddle headed, go and eat your breakfast” handing her a pair of lenses. She simply replied to the other with an “okay”.

She did not know how she ended up in the table and so while holding a spoon with food towards her mouth. She quickly finished it and went back to the room she woke up in.

There were a couple of beds inside and seeing only children’s outside, with old furniture’s and what looks to be like a countryside far from the city, this must be an orphanage.

Since the house mother was on the first floor and everyone was outside, I can just look around.

Opening every door in the floor, I was able to find the bathroom.

Locking the door, she went to the mirror and looked at the unfamiliar appearance. White bangs and black long hair at the back, did this kid contact some kind of disease? She also wears glasses, seems like I’ll have to get used to this. This clothes too, looks a little worn down and the name… Greer? Was it. We have nothing in common but I ended up in this body unlike those isekai tropes.

Walking back down to the first floor, the house mother asked me to fetch water and call someone to help me.

Going outside to look for another kid, I called a small tanned one who happened to throw a ball towards me.

“hey you, I was asked to fetch water, can you come with me?”

Picking the ball and throwing it back to the couple of kids, he made a goofy smile and said “sure!”

Going back and forth about 3 times, we finally finished carrying the water used for the cooking and washing the dishes.

Saying thanks to the brat, he went back and played with the others.

Looking for a place to rest, I found a tree with a really good shade in it and slid down with a long sigh.

“they don’t even have tap water”

With the ambient rustling of the leaves and laughing children nearby, while looking under the shade. Greer was used to the city but this type of place also isn’t bad.

Thinking about the way she died, she got a little angry. How was she supposed to know that there were workers in the abandoned building?

As it was just in front of her apartment she decided to clean the surroundings of the abandoned building, but not long after she heard clanging noises above and not later she got buried by a bunch of metal.

Scratching her head in annoyance she made animal noises and continued grinding her teeth. They should’ve put a warning signage’s.

Feeling that the person is troubled, someone came behind the tree and asked Greer.

“um, are you okay?”

As the person came out of nowhere, Greer was a little surprised “how long have you been there?”

“I was already behind the tree, even before you came here” she replied.

“oh…”looking at the book she was holding, Greer asked “were you reading a book?”

“yes, It’s a light read but I usually get engrossed into reading that I don’t notice my surroundings, that’s why I often come here” said as she sat down beside Greer.

“what’s your name?” Greer asked.

“It’s Sylvie”

“that’s a pretty name”

“thanks, and oh! Would you like to read with me?” happily taking the compliment, Sylvie invited Greer.

“Sure, since I also have nothing else to do”

Closing the gap further, Sylvie practically attached herself to Greer, and opened the book and placed it between them.

Seeing the weird symbols, she had never seen before, Greer could only say embarrassingly “I can’t read”

Showing no surprise to this, Sylvie only kindly said “It’s fine! I’ll read and teach you at the same time!”

Learning another language through a children’s book, Greer finally recognized some symbols and also got engrossed into reading until the sun finally set.

As they had a curfew it was lights out early in the evening after they had their dinner.

Greer placed her glasses beside her and looked at the dim, blurry ceiling. Calm breathing would be heard all around the room, a sign that the children were already asleep.

Remembering the contents of the day, that kid Sylvie, looks like the one on the billboards in my past life…

As if the arrow finally hit the target, Greer had made a conclusion and decided to close her eyes.

 

 

 

14